Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
so that's a lot better than being a racist is it, calling someone a motherfucker?

peter roebuck of the smh is dead set on cracks. he keeps writing to call for ponting to get the sack, and in his own little imagination, he also picked the future aussie skipper and his deputy - katich and lee. although very decent players, but i doubt someone can just jump into the squad and get the captaincy straight away. i believe if the players would stick by their captain, then ponting should stay.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
wuddie said:
so that's a lot better than being a racist is it, calling someone a motherfucker?
actually yeh, it comes under a different offence level. same as brad hoggs one, i think.

Muz4PM

HSC
I agree wuddie, Roebuck is wrong. However, if Ponting was, hyothetically to be dropped as Skipper, who would a long term replacement be?

I mean, Gilly is good, but I think that he is looking to go after this season or next. People say Clarke, but I don't think he is up to scratch at the moment. I think that Hussey would be a good candidate, he has a good few years left in him, he is inspirational and I think has a good cricketing brain. However, we would not want it to take away from his batting.

However, in real life, he probably will bow out when Ponting does, and I think they have at least a few seasons left.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
withoutaface said:
...Some very interesting comments as well.

public comment from article said:
Whats wrong with one asking for evidence to be considered when a case as serious as a racial abuse is decided on just the comments from the accusing side, especially when the umpires testify that they haven’t heard anything racial.

This sets a wrong precedent and makes playing cricket very easy, just charge the rival team’s person playing good with an abuse and testify, and the thorn is removed ."
I tend to agree.
Forget about the teams involved for a minute.
The bigger issue is the very dangerous precedent that Harbhijan's case has set, with judgement based solely on hearsay.

wuddie said:
From the ICC's perspective, it definately is.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
withoutaface said:
great article, points out what india is clearly taken for granted - that they assume they can use their financial powers to summone whatever they want - and the icc is bowing to their demands. it also backs up some of the things in an article i posted from smh.

in the mist of all these, i feel the indian players (bar singh and kumble) are silenced in terms of what they want and how they feel. despite an alleged pact, the players themselves may actually want to play on regardless of the result of the appeal and the mediation between the skippers.

now that the whole controversy has blown to such a scale, it is getting ridiculous. let's just forget about all these, leave the appeal to later on, let singh and india play on, finish the series and then let the admin people deal with the drama.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i'm not into cricket whatsoever and I'd rather watch grass grow, but I thought the recent India team scandal was interesting- why has Ponting been copping alot of flak? So far as I can see he took Symond's complaint about Singh to the authorities, what's so wrong with that?

blue_chameleon

HSC
inasero said:
i'm not into cricket whatsoever and I'd rather watch grass grow, but I thought the recent India team scandal was interesting- why has Ponting been copping alot of flak? So far as I can see he took Symond's complaint about Singh to the authorities, what's so wrong with that?
In short, its because its well known that over the past decade and a bit, the aussies have definately not strayed away from verbally intimidating their opponents, but other teams had taken the view that "what is said on field, stays on field". However, Ponting officially reporting him was seen by a few as being hypocritical and wanting to win "at all costs."

India also strongly believe Singh didnt say what was alleged, and they had issues with why Singh was charged (when the allegations didnt have much evidence at all, other than the words of aussie players).

..but alas, it would seem all has been settled (for now), Hoggs charge has been withdrawn and Singhs case wont be heard for a while. So we can look forward to what should be a good match tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
haydos is out of the test, chris rogers is coming in on debut. so we have 2 relatively inexperienced openers in the side, hopefully jaques can anchor the ship if rogers falls early. honestly, i'd rather have katich opening. he's played very well for nsw and deserves a chance at test level. plus he can bowl a bit of offy as well.

i hope sehwag comes in for india, he is one guy who can really take it to the aussies.

Muz4PM

HSC
I agree wuddie, Katich has been batting very well for the Blues, and it is not as if he is unfamiliar with opening as he opened for the Australians in One-dayers. However, in his defence, Chris Rogers has been batting extremely well in the past few seasons, he has well and truely been knocking on the door.

This is a blow, the loss of Hayden, the rock at the top of the order. Now we have a vulnerable top three, Rogers on debut (although he is at home at the WACA), Jaques who is still new to test cricket and Ponting. Yeah, Ponting, although they are at the WACA, Harbijan is still playing I think, so he could be vulnerable to him. If I was Anil Kumble, if Australia lost a wicket first over, I would give the ball to Harbijan for maybe two overs against Ponting, see if you can make it two for in a few overs. I remember that happened once in a one day international with Warne and Cullinan.

Sehwag has just got to play, I don't think there is an excuse, especially after he blasted some runs lastweek/weekend.

blue_chameleon

HSC
wuddie said:
i hope sehwag comes in for india, he is one guy who can really take it to the aussies.
Muz4PM said:
Sehwag has just got to play, I don't think there is an excuse, especially after he blasted some runs lastweek/weekend.

I concur fella's. He's been out for waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too long. He must play.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yea and it proved to be costly, dravid ended up on 93.

aussies pulled it back with a couple of late wickets. india was getting away for a while. aussies will be looking to bowl them out in the first session tomorrow. match in the balance at the moment.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
wuddie said:
yea and it proved to be costly, dravid ended up on 93.

aussies pulled it back with a couple of late wickets. india was getting away for a while. aussies will be looking to bowl them out in the first session tomorrow. match in the balance at the moment.
Pathan and Kumble both have test centuries, Indias batting line up sure is long now

Muz4PM

HSC
I think Australia is slightly on top, with a few late wickets.

I must say, hats off to the four fast bowlers today, they toiled will, with Clark especially without much luck, him and Johnson tying down Sehwag was vital if Australia were to remain in touch with India.

Well played Dravid and Tendulkar, Dravid is starting to look a little better now, although out of sorts, his 93 was fighting and only came apart when he got a brain explosion. Sehwag, proved today how dangerous he can be, but also how vulnerable with a good dozen or so whistling a fraction from the outside edge. However, he must open, Jaffer looked a better player while out there with him, albeit he got 16.

blue_chameleon

HSC
This test is starting to look interesting. Even more so because the aussies will be crushed if they lose it, meaning they dont break the record bcos of the Indians, for the second time now.

Hopefully I wont have to work all day so I can see a bit of it.

Last edited:

el gwapo

HSC
It's been an intruiging test match. India has bettered Australia in swing bowling, and the inclusion of Pathan has been a revelation. He's taking wickets, scoring runs and tomorrow morning he'll need to keep the scoreboard ticking; he's an unusual nightwatchman in that he's played at opener and number 3 before.

Australia will need to throw the kitchen sink but the heat is sapping away their energy. The Indians have only had to bowl 50 overs, the majority in one 2 hour session. And I'm hearing cracks are developing from the extreme heat.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
I went crazy when Ponting got out, jumping all over the place, my sister started crying. I hate that guy. I'd like to see him get tons against South Africa now they've got Steyn.

luv fridays, no uni and now sehwag.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
I went crazy when Ponting got out, jumping all over the place, my sister started crying. I hate that guy. I'd like to see him get tons against South Africa now they've got Steyn.

luv fridays, no uni and now sehwag.
indian ? you cant be australian

one of the greatest batsmen of the modern era, im quite sure he could handle steyn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)