Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Bugger, so close as well. I reckon hopes went maybe 1 over too late, but still an amazing effort considering the circumstances.

As i said before though, that indian team will be pretty hard to beat in a few years time.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Mmm. dissapointing. Was a bevan like innings from hussey, shame he got out just as he had to fire. Hopes impressed too, but left it a little late to start smashing it, seeing as hes not really a big hitter.

Congrats to India, but im not really buying all the hype, in a couple months time i think theyll be back to what they were last year, a decent but not great team.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
blakegman said:
...im not really buying all the hype, in a couple months time i think theyll be back to what they were last year, a decent but not great team.
U srs?

The aussies are not what they used to be, and these last games showed it. I never like seeing the aussies lose a close game, but you gotta give credit to the Indians. You say they will flop in a couple of months. I say in a couple of years, they will be the one-dayer team to beat. Would do you good to at least look at the junior ranks player roster comparisons.

The current Australian team doesn't have anyone under 23 in it. Hayden and Gilchrist to go, same as Hogg, and later stages Symonds. Not looking good right now, with what India are bringing through.

Btw, whatever happened to Moses Hendriques?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
the only reason aust has been chopped down a few times this series is because of the batsmen, especially ponting, symonds and gilly. they've all played 1 good inning, and that is about it. i was hoping they found form at the scg game, but coming out of the last game against the lankans, i knew the aussies were in trouble. maybe they can find their range when they go to west indies.

henriques is playing for nsw, pretty average. i cannot for the life of me figure out why katich or david hussey hasn't got a run in this summer.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
blue_chameleon said:
U srs?

The aussies are not what they used to be, and these last games showed it. I never like seeing the aussies lose a close game, but you gotta give credit to the Indians. You say they will flop in a couple of months. I say in a couple of years, they will be the one-dayer team to beat. Would do you good to at least look at the junior ranks player roster comparisons.

The current Australian team doesn't have anyone under 23 in it. Hayden and Gilchrist to go, same as Hogg, and later stages Symonds. Not looking good right now, with what India are bringing through.

Australia still have plenty of good players in the domestic league. The likes of Katich, noffke, pomesbach (no idea on spelling) hilfenhaus etc, are all pretty decent players.

These runs of young teams happen all the time all over the world in all sports. un fortunatly they usually dont stick. Every year it seems south africa win a few games and are "challenging australia for number 1 spot", it was only 2 years ago a youngish english team won the ashes and what have they done since ?

Which reminds me, all this hype about india, but England won the tri series last year too, probably winning around the same amount of points in the rounds, yet no one expected them to be good in years to come.

Moses Henriques is struggling to hold his state spot, pretty much no longer and all rounder and just a bowler it seems, cause i never see him get any runs and not many wickets.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
eh, but if you listen to the skipper Dhoni, he said this was just the start for his young team. if you look at his reaction after the last wicket, you can tell he can understand this series win in the context of the future. on the other hand, england was just a consolation series victory. all those plunkett, dalrymple, loye, nixon guys have completely dropped of the radar. it will be interesting to see what happens to the indian team from now on.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Mmm fair enough. Amused raised a good point though , it will be interesting to see how this translates into their test team. I can see them being competitive in 20/20 one dayers but the test arena usually seems more suited to experience then just youth and passion.

If ponting had been in form this summer, i wonder what we would be saying now ? though i guess you could say that for almost every situation.

kaveman..

HSC
alot of fresh indian talent is found on tours to australia (remember how pathan was gonna be the next big bowler after last tour..?) but after a year or two of impressing they fall subject to lucrative advertising deals, sponsorships, bonuses, etc... and theres a loss of form. pathan was pretty much out of the side for a year coz of his shit bowling. the main thing for india will be to ensure players like the 2 sharmas, gambhir, kumar etc. can maintain their performance at the level they showed this tour. if they can, they'll definitely be hard to beat.

yeh england and south africa had their moments where theyve shone, but those were basically one off events. england got demolished the whole summer last year except basically the last 2 or 3 matches, and like someone said alot of those players that did well like joyce, nixon, plunkett etc are nowhere to be seen now. south africa has a couple of match winners like gibbs and smith that are decent but rarely ever consistent. i think the difference this time has been that india has challenged the aussies the whole summer.

while australias bowling is still young and competitive, haddin's not even half as good as gilly with the bat or gloves, hayden will be gone in a year or two, ponting not too long after, and players like david hussey, katich, jacques etc are good but no where near good enough to replace what ponting gilly hayden etc have done for the game.

jazzbaby

HSC
wat a shame tendulkar missed out on another century
but oh well
man the suspense allmost killed me

GO INDIA

haha at how symonds flattened the streaker .. good on him 2!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
kaveman.. said:
while australias bowling is still young and competitive, haddin's not even half as good as gilly with the bat or gloves, hayden will be gone in a year or two, ponting not too long after, and players like david hussey, katich, jacques etc are good but no where near good enough to replace what ponting gilly hayden etc have done for the game.
I have to disagree about Haddin. Sure he's no gilchrist, but he hasnt had the opportuninties gilchrist has had either. Haddin is possibly even the more consistent. sure gilly is great, but to say haddin isnt even half as good is probably over stepping it.

As for the players in state cricket, well sure some of them wont compare to the current players, but some will. it happenes every era. When previous greats retired i dont think people thought theyd be replaced by better players, but they have or at least been equaled too. IMO jacques is one of australia's best talent, and putting him in the one day team would certainly be worth a look.

williamc

HSC
^ I hate watching jaques bat due to the fact that his technique is disgusting.

blue_chameleon said:
failing in state cricket and first grade.

In first grade, he isnt as highly regarded as he use to be.

Heaps of up and coming 17yo first graders. (4)

Last edited:

kaveman..

HSC
i always thought brad hodge had a future in the team, its a shame hes waning away lol. especially after that 200 against south africa and the match-winining innings against the kiwis in some ODI last year. same thing happened with katich, played out a very respectable season or two and then was just booted.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
williamc said:
^ I hate watching jaques bat due to the fact that his technique is disgusting.
(4)
Yeah he bats pretty awkwardly , not many more entertaining batsmen when he fires but. needs to improve consistency though, sometimes chokes in big games.

Australia need to recall Katich tbh. if these players thought there ws a chance they couldbe dropped, they might start playing better.

EDIT: Katich has averaged 102 or something nuts this season in pura cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)