Crystal Castles (1 Viewer)

nikilily

HSC
I'd never heard them before but when I heard them through a friend the sounds made me nostalgic of my game boy days....

Its not the kinda music I generally listen to and so was wondering if anyone knows of other artists/bands/projects similar to Crystal Castles sound I could check out, please don't suggest the obvious presets, potbelleez because it will be a waste of your time. :uhhuh:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Closest band to that melodic/8bit music that I have is Disasteradio. Sort of 'New Wave Electronica', if that makes sense. It uses technological sounds combined with electronica to produce catchy songs. Synthtease is worth listening to, as is DSIR, and his self titled album. You can download all of his stuff here:

DISASTERADIO.ORG | Hello!

Fuck Buttons have similar sort of stuff, but it's longer in length, and more built around soundscapes than short catchy songs. I'd recommend you try Tarot Sport, for the closest to CC. However, I think there other album Street Horrrsing is probably better, but may not be what you're looking for.

Also, Chiptune is a genre was utlises nintendo like sounds to create music. The major Chiptune artist you need to check out is pixelh8. No real album recommendations, but just give a few songs a go. You'll decide pretty quickly whether it's your thing.

Aeriff

HSC
fuck YEAHHHHHH crystal castles

not so much 8bit but definitely in a great 'noise' band in the same vein as CC is Health (CC actually did a mashup of a song of theirs, 'crimewave', and have remixed a few of them too).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)