• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CSSA advanced mathematics- dude wtf?! (1 Viewer)

lolJK

HSC
the light intensity question was ridiculous.
anybody get a x=1/2 for the max value in last part of q10?
yep i got that. might be right? I did the concavity test as well. but im glad i can do the trial next year again :D

Qwertyuioplm

HSC
From memory the light intensity question was very easy for me, I had no problems with it. However, I'm hopeless at probability and I felt like ripping out question 10b... haha.

Ivy Mike

HSC
ahahaha should have listen huh, I told you guys, start of the year, like 14th January that you would be shitting yourself come trials, you would have been better off with a tutor (mental insurance as some have put it) . Well, enjoy failing lolololol
>implying I failed
>implying I'm shitting myself
>implying people actually need tutors for 2 unit

Screamm

HSC
was the concavity test necessary for both marks? i didn't have enough time to do it :(

funnytomato

HSC
Re: I'm beginning to hate maths more and more everyday.

well, on a positive note, you still have some time(10weeks or so? which is a lot of time if used properly) before the HSC exams
So that's the other 50% that you can still improve!!!

anne1010

HSC
for the particle question when it asked if it ever goes back to origin.
i wrote no as the velocity is never 0 (actually it is but when t= a negative)and for the particle to change direction, velocity has to be 0.
anyone confirm or get something else?

W

woga20

i wrote no as the velocity is never 0 (actually it is but when t= a negative)and for the particle to change direction, velocity has to be 0.
that is a kinda shit explaination, you probably won't get the mark. you failed ahhaa.

havent seen the question but its possible to turn around and not go back to the origin, massive noobery here.

Last edited by a moderator:

anne1010

HSC
that is a kinda shit explaination, you probably won't get the mark. you failed ahhaa
lol well please explain how you would do it. the velocity had a log in it so unless u wanna integrate a log...

anne1010

HSC
that is a kinda shit explaination, you probably won't get the mark. you failed ahhaa.

havent seen the question but its possible to turn around and not go back to the origin, massive noobery here.
yes but to turn around v must = 0 so im saying it doesnt turn around so theres no way of getting to the origin...

anne1010

HSC
anne1010

It is quite correct in rectilinear motion (motion along a straight line) to go back to where a particle started or to go backwards somehow, and it started off moving away from origin, then it needs to reverse direction of motion; for that to occur velocity needs to reduce to 0 before it can become negative.

So what I mean is: particle must at some time have v=0.
thankyou :)

Screamm

HSC

obvious troll is obvious, gtfo.

dela_

HSC
N/A
i said something like this aswell

snorelacks

HSC
Re: I'm beginning to hate maths more and more everyday.

well, on a positive note, you still have some time(10weeks or so? which is a lot of time if used properly) before the HSC exams
So that's the other 50% that you can still improve!!!
But I don't think that could equate to a mid 70%'s in the internal mark. I feel so demotivated right now..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)