• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CSSA- Biology (1 Viewer)

HSC
is this multiple choice you're talking about?

and so much for studying about immunity, there was nothing in it about B cells and T cells and cell mediated immunity/ or may be my school took the questions off, bcs we only did that on Friday and everyone was complaining on how difficult it was
umm...

Dylanamali

HSC
How would you guys rate this exams multiple choice compared to last years HSC ones? I reckon slightly harder.

Actually MUCH harder than HSC.. HSC is so straight forward, can usually do them in about 5-10 minutes..

This one required thought and processing. It wasn't unbelievably difficult - but in comparison to HSC its a different level. It was relatively similar to past CSSA Biology papers.

Dylanamali

HSC
is this multiple choice you're talking about?

and so much for studying about immunity, there was nothing in it about B cells and T cells and cell mediated immunity/ or may be my school took the questions off, bcs we only did that on Friday and everyone was complaining on how difficult it was
Yeah the multiple choice.

There was no B & T cells questions involved - unless you consider how a vaccine works one =/ e.g. memory B and memory T.

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A
Yeah the multiple choice.

There was no B & T cells questions involved - unless you consider how a vaccine works one =/ e.g. memory B and memory T.
would you remember how many marks that how vaccines work question was?

Blushii

HSC
I did the previous year's CSSA mc yesterday as revision cause thats all i had time to do and they were way easier than this year's. not sure abt hsc.

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A
i thought it was 2 marks.
then it was 4 marks for accounting for the effectiveness of vaccines.

i thinkkkk. :)
I don't know what happens to me, it's like I forget every question in the paper when I come home. may be bcs I didn't get any sleep last night!
would you remember what the other 5,6 markers were

Dylanamali

HSC
i thought it was 2 marks.
then it was 4 marks for accounting for the effectiveness of vaccines.

i thinkkkk. :)

yeah first question was very general for vaccines i think only 2/3 marks.

Then it was a 4/5 mark analysis on the impact vaccine technology has had on society.
Here I talked about smallpox, diptheria and polio and how vaccine technology had seen a major decline in the incidence and distrubtion of these and thus has improved societal health. I was worried that this may be insufficient so i also talked about the increased cost/economic matters involved with mass immunisation - but concluded that it was neccessary.

Blushii

HSC
Idk why but i have really good memory about exams LOL, 5 markers were Enzyme X and Glofish...6 markers...umm not sure about that..perhaps the Louis pasteur part?

What did u guys put for the transitional fossils MC question about what the absence of these fossils support? i put D- punctuate equilibrium

Dylanamali

HSC
The 5 markers/longer responses were:

- Design experiment with enzyme X from tomatoes with hydrogen peroxide as the substrate

- Analyse the impact of vaccine tech on society

- Analyse the effect of modern human methods of treatment and prevention of disease on genetic diversity in species

- Evaluate how Pasteur's experiment has increased our understanding of infectious diseases (4 marks)

- GloFish (transgenic speciies)

** I think that was it.

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A
Idk why but i have really good memory about exams LOL, 5 markers were Enzyme X and Glofish...6 markers...umm not sure about that..perhaps the Louis pasteur part?

What did u guys put for the transitional fossils MC question about what the absence of these fossils support? i put D- punctuate equilibrium
yeah I put in D too, remember reading it somewhere in Biology in Focus...
and what was the Louis Pasteur question? I think my school left out some of the questions from the 3rd topic, bcs we are still completing the unit..

and I dnt knw how u remember all this... it's INSANE.. I forget the questions half way through the exams too ..LOL

Dylanamali

HSC
yeah I put in D too, remember reading it somewhere in Biology in Focus...
and what was the Louis Pasteur question? I think my school left out some of the questions from the 3rd topic, bcs we are still completing the unit..

and I dnt knw how u remember all this... it's INSANE.. I forget the questions half way through the exams too ..LOL
Louis Pasteur question was split up into 2 parts:

Part 1 (3marks): describe the 'swan necked' experiment done by Louis Pasteur

Part 2 (4marks): evaluate how this increased our understanding of infectious diseases.

HSC
N/A
Soooo. My top place in Bio is going to someone else, totes not pissed about that.

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A
The 5 markers/longer responses were:

- Design experiment with enzyme X from tomatoes with hydrogen peroxide as the substrate

- Analyse the impact of vaccine tech on society

- Analyse the effect of modern human methods of treatment and prevention of disease on genetic diversity in species

- Evaluate how Pasteur's experiment has increased our understanding of infectious diseases (4 marks)

- GloFish (transgenic speciies)

** I think that was it.
wow, u've got some good memory here... my school didn't give us the Pasteur question, Idk why though... and do u remember the exact words of Glo Fish question.. bcs in my answer all I did was explain the process of producing a transgenic organism,.. but now thinking back, I should have written something more relevant to the question

mychunny

HSC
For anyone that did the communication option...for the question d)(ii) where it asked "with reference to the table, explain why all stimuli do not generate an action potential." how did you go about answering it? Cause I thought it was a misprint...shouldn't it have been "not all stimuli"?

Dylanamali

HSC
Soooo. My top place in Bio is going to someone else, totes not pissed about that.
Yeah im worried about losing my place too - i totally stuffed up my option.. probably ended up with maybe 85%+?
Have about a 7% buffer between myself and second so hopefully that will be enough =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)