CSSA- Biology (2 Viewers)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
seriously? who told you that? but for 7 marks? I don't what they were after
my teacher.
She said to talk about stuff like quarantine and vaccination decreasing genetic variation because their are less organisms hence less variation and the misuse of antibiotics causing antibiotic resistance changing genetic variation.
But I only wrote about the antibiotic stuff and the use of pesticides on mosquitoes like DDT and shit.

gaugau1

HSC
my teacher.
She said to talk about stuff like quarantine and vaccination decreasing genetic variation because their are less organisms hence less variation and the misuse of antibiotics causing antibiotic resistance changing genetic variation.
But I only wrote about the antibiotic stuff and the use of pesticides on mosquitoes like DDT and shit.
Really ? Oh crap I talked about how scientists have started to genetically modify and the cloning of organisms so that they are resistant from disease (preventive method) but this has caused a decrease in diversity. I didn't really mention vaccines

clissold

HSC
Fucking 6 marks on relevance/reliability of data in option?! Wtf?
yeaaah was weird as.. but easy six marks I think

no the 7 marker was on how modern human activities of treating and preventing disease cause genetic variation
yeaaah wasnt too bad..

I spoke about antibiotic resistence but totally forgot about insecticides and that..

seriously? who told you that? but for 7 marks? I don't what they were after
see above, and I mentioned that quarantine and vaccinations help prevent disease but they actually dont do anything in terms of genetic variation in a species..

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Really ? Oh crap I talked about how scientists have started to genetically modify and the cloning of organisms so that they are resistant from disease (preventive method) but this has caused a decrease in diversity. I didn't really mention vaccines
lol. You're fucked.

clry

HSC
You don't talk about vaccines/quarantine? It wanted the effect on genes if I remember correctly. And how we're limiting genetic diversity or something.. But vaccines/quarantine has nothing to do with altering the genes of a species, unless we're talking about different questions? Or I misread it (let's hope not.)

gaugau1

HSC
You don't talk about vaccines/quarantine? It wanted the effect on genes if I remember correctly. And how we're limiting genetic diversity or something.. But vaccines/quarantine has nothing to do with altering the genes of a species, unless we're talking about different questions? Or I misread it (let's hope not.)
I agree

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A
Can someone pretty please re state the question, because I think I've misread it.. Didn't it say something along the lines on how new technologies and methods of the treatment and prevention diseases has resulted in a smaller gene pool?

imZerroo

HSC
how human activities of controlling and preventing diseases has affected genetic diversity of species.

wrote 2 pages but i will still get 3/7. im just an idiot, so ye

imZerroo

HSC
too many 5 markers and 7 markers for my liking.
MC i thought was hard... harder than the past CSSA ones for sure?

ye for communications, 6 marks for reliability and validity.
i feel confident coz i have always lost marks for em and i go home look over it and try again, then come test time i lose marks again.. never learn from my mistakes... pretty sure the same thing happened today. aargh

Chahoud

HSC
Man I found this exam hard haha yeah I study for it :/
I remember look up half the time and the guys infornt of my either asleep or drawing something hahaha :)
I have sor 2 tomorrow :/ haha great..

clry

HSC
how human activities of controlling and preventing diseases has affected genetic diversity of species.

wrote 2 pages but i will still get 3/7. im just an idiot, so ye
Pretty much. I talked about antibiotic resistance and transgenic species, and blabbed on in an evaluate-like manner.. Should get a 5/7.

imZerroo

HSC
Pretty much. I talked about antibiotic resistance and transgenic species, and blabbed on in an evaluate-like manner.. Should get a 5/7.
i didn't talk about transgenic species, i talked about antibiotics, ddt and cloning. the last two i talked about very shortly. was this the assess q. or the evaluate q. though?

chels777

HSC
i found the exam decent i finished it within an hour and a half but then went back over it for the 7 marker included, antibiotic resistance, transgenic species, vaccination how it can both increase and decrease diversity eliminates certain strains and causes evolution of new strains and does any one remember what they put for the last multiple choice?

chels777

HSC
it was the graph about whooping cough i couldnt decide between b and c

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A
can anyone remember what the 5 markers were?
because I only remember 2. either I don't remember or left out questions or my school modified it!

Did any of you guys have to do genetic crosses and pedigree charts, or did my school just add them in?

Blushii

HSC
i did b i think- it wont be effective in the future o.o"
what was the answer for c?

chels777

HSC
in mine there was no pedigree charts and i think i can only remember 2 five markers as well

imZerroo

HSC
can anyone remember what the 5 markers were?
because I only remember 2. either I don't remember or left out questions or my school modified it!

Did any of you guys have to do genetic crosses and pedigree charts, or did my school just add them in?
we didnt have them. i wanted a pedigree chart coz i understand very clearly, we didnt get one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)