CSSA biology (1 Viewer)

lolJK

HSC
lol fuck off.
Riproot, thats just rude!

Killamatt, i'll tell you what to study.

make sure you cover...the properties of extracted blood. there's a question where you have to list at least 5 extracted products and their uses. Also, make sure you know everything about the Red Kangaroo and the Frilled Neck Lizard (endo/ecto shit), you'll need to draw up a comprehensive table. Also, study things like the negative feedback response (with examples, i.e sweating etc), aldosterone/adh, kidney dialysis. thats just MAB. for BOL; it focused mainly on Mendel and like two or three short answer questions involving punnett squares (thankfully no pedigree trees!!!), comparative embryology and biogeography. For SFBH; study in depth 2 case studies of vaccination programs, dates, statistics, how vaccinations work etc. If you do this, you should easily get 80%. for you option, well i dunno.

good luck!
remember: the hsc is a team effort!

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
well i have the multiple choice paper and the option questions

jason2kool

HSC
stole a full paper when i went to collect my phone from the front; 20$
take it or leave it.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
there are sometimes when i really wish we had rep back :D

polly locket

HSC

make sure you cover...the properties of extracted blood. there's a question where you have to list at least 5 extracted products and their uses. Also, make sure you know everything about the Red Kangaroo and the Frilled Neck Lizard (endo/ecto shit), you'll need to draw up a comprehensive table. Also, study things like the negative feedback response (with examples, i.e sweating etc), aldosterone/adh, kidney dialysis. thats just MAB. for BOL; it focused mainly on Mendel and like two or three short answer questions involving punnett squares (thankfully no pedigree trees!!!), comparative embryology and biogeography. For SFBH; study in depth 2 case studies of vaccination programs, dates, statistics, how vaccinations work etc. If you do this, you should easily get 80%. for you option, well i dunno.

good luck!

was this in the cssa test paper?

Killamatt

Guy From Jump The Q Ad
HSC
HEY thanks but is this for the CSSA bio paper2012 ? :S

giayen1

HSC
N/A
Did anyone else do the electives that they weren't supposed to? Aka, questions 31-35 (other than the one you're supposed to) ? HAHAHAH!

giayen1

HSC
N/A
I hope you realise that the "team effort" starts AFTER the trials. Because the trials is the last chance that anyone is allowed to change their rank. And your ATAR is practically determined by your rank.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Did anyone else do the electives that they weren't supposed to? Aka, questions 31-35 (other than the one you're supposed to) ? HAHAHAH!
They mark the first one with writing on it so if you write like half an answer for communications but you did human story then your screwed :)
but no, my school took all the rest out except for our elective (genetics)

giayen1

HSC
N/A
Could I just ask, what school do you go to? So when the teacher attempts to tell us off (like I predict they will) I have substantial evidence to show that we were cheated from a proper exam.
But yer!! My school elective was Communication and that was the first section. THANK GOODNESS!!! Sadly, they left ALL the electives attached together.. Only God knows why, and I ended up attempting to answer questions 32 and 33 but I didn't understand a thing that the test was asking, so I had thought I failed the exam (since I was leaving out 3/4 of the questions). And THAT lead to me barely answering the 7 marker about the scientist's contributions.. ARRGGHHH!!

giayen1

HSC
N/A
But I'm not alone, I would say 1/4 to half the other Biology students did this awell.

Killamatt

Guy From Jump The Q Ad
HSC

good luck!
Is this for the 2012 biology paper that was done on the 1st of august!

taouij

HSC
im sitting my exam tomorrow because my grandfather passed away so I got a week extension, however I am so stressed. Like I dont know anything.. anyone want to help me?

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
im sitting my exam tomorrow because my grandfather passed away so I got a week extension, however I am so stressed. Like I dont know anything.. anyone want to help me?
study hard and get off the interwebs lol. ive done 3 past papers today for my exam tomorrow and my wrist is killing me :/

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Could I just ask, what school do you go to? So when the teacher attempts to tell us off (like I predict they will) I have substantial evidence to show that we were cheated from a proper exam.
But yer!! My school elective was Communication and that was the first section. THANK GOODNESS!!! Sadly, they left ALL the electives attached together.. Only God knows why, and I ended up attempting to answer questions 32 and 33 but I didn't understand a thing that the test was asking, so I had thought I failed the exam (since I was leaving out 3/4 of the questions). And THAT lead to me barely answering the 7 marker about the scientist's contributions.. ARRGGHHH!!
Haha thats crazy.

how the hell??!?!?!!?!?
Its possible, I certainly did it during my HSC exam and spent the next two hours bolstering my answers/being bored. HSC bio doesnt involve much processing, just dumping and recall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)