CSSA ext2 trial (1 Viewer)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
yummaypho said:
man how do you guys study for ext 2? im doing past cssa papers but i dunno how to do ne of the questions. is there liek a trick to studying this crap?
Lots and lots of past papers <.<;

As for today, how did everyone go? I wanna get run over by a truck cos I only realised how to solve the complex perimeter question in the last 5 secs of the exam T.T Only managed to scribble down the cosine rule -.-;

denoz

HSC
It wasn't too bad. I couldn't do much of question 8 but wasn't really expecting to. Hopefully 90/120

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
denoz said:
It wasn't too bad. I couldn't do much of question 8 but wasn't really expecting to. Hopefully 90/120
Oh dear god, I didn't even look at the question. Just remembered that for my class, the exam was basically cut in half. We haven't covered harder 3U stuff, nor polynomials, so we didn't need to do 1 part of Q5, 1 part of Q6, 1 part of Q7 and all of Q8 <.<;

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: CSSA ext2 trial

mine one was not CSSA....
but Q4(b) Q6(a) Q7(b) Q8(a) r the same......

i skipped Q4(b) (iii) Q8(a) last 2parts
wht's the answers for Q6(a) ??

Hikari Clover

HSC

WWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT the f***

i completetly forgot to do the last 2part of Q7(b), what happened to me????
i did not see that shit part at all,how a easy 4marks!!!!
= =,

Last edited:

rayd

HSC
man i got screwed upside down on the ceiling.... holy crap that test felt like it was never gonna end!!!!

Seppuku

HSC
Damn arnold & arnold this year....they're so obsessed with sigma notation!! 3u and 4u!! Question 8 was insaneeee....

claref1989

HSC
hey does anyone know how to get the answer for that locus question 4b(iii) for M the polynomial question 6c please?? thanks

seanieg89

HSC
gahhh so annoyed at how i handled the time. got through CSSA 2006 in 2 hours for 118/120 two nights before. this exam im gonna get somewhere between 105 and 110 i believe, just cos of shoddy time management. lol feels good that trials are over now though.

Seppuku

HSC
claref1989 said:
hey does anyone know how to get the answer for that locus question 4b(iii) for M the polynomial question 6c please?? thanks
It was a tricky little thing...I think i got it out but i fudged it towards the end:

x = (1/p)(p^2-1/p^2)
y = (p)(1/p^2-p^2)
= (-p)((p^2-1/p^2)

Then x/y = (1/p)/(-p) = -1/p^2
So y/x = -p^2

Its pretty simple from here on, every where you see p^2 sub that in, and everywhere you see p sub in the root of the L.H.S. Some funky stuff might happen with the negative root hence the fudging ;D

beentherdunthat

HSC
Seppuku said:
It was a tricky little thing...I think i got it out but i fudged it towards the end:

x = (1/p)(p^2-1/p^2)
y = (p)(1/p^2-p^2)
= (-p)((p^2-1/p^2)

Then x/y = (1/p)/(-p) = -1/p^2
So y/x = -p^2

Its pretty simple from here on, every where you see p^2 sub that in, and everywhere you see p sub in the root of the L.H.S. Some funky stuff might happen with the negative root hence the fudging ;D
That looks like lots of birds in the distance. Note: ^^ HEHE...

SoulSearcher said:
Question 8 = 0/15

Similar fail marks in the latter half of the paper.
ME TOOO!!!!!!!! (Didn't even look at question 8!!!)

gotheswanz

HSC
seanieg89 said:
gahhh so annoyed at how i handled the time. got through CSSA 2006 in 2 hours for 118/120 two nights before. this exam im gonna get somewhere between 105 and 110 i believe, just cos of shoddy time management. lol feels good that trials are over now though.
i havent done probability yet so i didnt have to do most of question 8 :) but still that test was pretty damn hard. how did u get 118/120 in '06 in only 2 hours.. maybe just a bit exaggerated...

I reckon i did ok but for some stupid readon couldn't do Q1 a) lol but after that killed the rest of Q1-4 and Q7 on the mechanics stuff.

how did u integrate the area for the volumes question like integration of x.(1-(2-x))^1/2

just skipped that...
overall hope for around 70% i guess with the amount of 3 and 4 mark questions i left out

seanieg89

HSC
gotheswanz said:
i havent done probability yet so i didnt have to do most of question 8 :) but still that test was pretty damn hard. how did u get 118/120 in '06 in only 2 hours.. maybe just a bit exaggerated...

I reckon i did ok but for some stupid readon couldn't do Q1 a) lol but after that killed the rest of Q1-4 and Q7 on the mechanics stuff.

how did u integrate the area for the volumes question like integration of x.(1-(2-x))^1/2

just skipped that...
overall hope for around 70% i guess with the amount of 3 and 4 mark questions i left out
sub u=2-x, that makes the limits of integration -1 and 1, and the integrand the sum of an odd function and the equation of a semicircle, both with definate integrals easy to figure out without ACTUAL integration ;).

no question on the paper was really hard at all, it was just time management that hurt me. ps for the induction question did anyone else use an inequality with integrals? as the functions are both positive over R+ we can integrate both sides but im not sure if that would be an accepted solution.

Hikari Clover

HSC

seanieg89 said:

arent u happy with this???:eek:

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
ME TOOO!!!!!!!! (Didn't even look at question 8!!!)
Same here x.x;

Q2 was the only part I went relatively well in, IMO. All integrations XD

Altho I didn't get the volume question in Q6 (?) out x.x; Gah, was so close. Got stuck after I made the sub u = 2 - x. Forgot about being able to split the integral apart when it's from a to -a -.-;

seanieg89

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: CSSA ext2 trial

Hikari Clover said:
arent u happy with this???:eek:
lol no im gonna do advanced maths at syd uni so i set pretty high aims for myself. the uai req is 98.85 which i probably wont get, so i need to get a really good maths mark if i want flex entry.
if there were questions i couldnt do that made me lose marks i wouldnt be pissed off, but there werent.

nealos

HSC
can any1 tell me how they did Q1 ai lol it was fked....

completely puzzeled me
?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)