CSSA paper (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
How did you find it?

Comprehension was pretty straight forward, i had to adapt my creative a bit, and my essay fit great for physical journeys.

How much did you write?

Section 1: 6 pages
Section 2: 5 pages
Section 3: 7 pages

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Well i Think i answered question 1a) wrong......

But i killed it i think...
section 1) 9 pages
section 2 ) 13 pages
Section 3) 18 pages

But i answered question 1a) wrong omgg
i answered "Car" OMGG IM BURNING I DIDNT READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
lollllllllll dat was pretty random........ did you write car as well :p

polejam

HSC
section one - 2 pages
two - 4 pages
three - 9 pages

i was struggling for time. i dunno how you guyts write so much. i got most of my info in though.

i wasted one hour on my essay section 3, then rushed through section one. how can you get 1a wrong. i just wrote the car and travelling represents a physical journey?

Last edited:

zaqwerty

HSC
Section 1: About 5 pages
Section 2: 6 pages
Section 3: 10 pages

I feel terrible about all of it. It was easy but I dont think I tackled the questions properly. I feel like I've done average, not above average. Terrible.

zaqwerty

HSC
wrxsti said:

section 1) 9 pages
section 2 ) 13 pages
Section 3) 18 pages

How do you write SO much? Do you have massive writing?

It doesnt matter if you answered the first question wrong, it's only one mark!

xxJTxx

HSC
uhh..

note; my writing is small, and, our exam booklets are lined much closer together then a standard hsc one :)
section one; 4 pages
section two; 4 pages
section three; 6.5 pages

i found section one easy, section two i had to adapt, but i think it worked very well, and section three, again i had to adapt my points, but in the end, i think it was great.

section one..i'm a bit scared for the 6 marker? were we meant to compare all three texts or choose one and talk about that? i cannot remember the question at the moment, but i remember something bout all three texts showing different perspectives of the journey, and then it asked us to choose ONE (i remember that was in BOLD) and write how effective that portrays different perspectives of the journey? doesn't that mean we only pick one and talk about that?!?!?! i know some people who compared all three? ergh.

also i agree that 1. a) was a little weird, but i definitely got the mark. i said the road was symbolic of the journey as it represented the medium for the journey to take place and the relative difficulty of the journey (due to rough terrain in visual text). ???? dunno if thats good enough for a mark...but i was nervous, it being first exam and first question lol!

should we be talking bout the exams anyway? isnt there a security period of two weeks before they release the papers etc? so doesn't that mean...we could be helping someone who may have misadventured/if the school made adjustments to the timetable?

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Oh, so question 1 a) wasnt a simple answer like "Physical Journey" or Imaginary Journey ...
so car might be right? (I elaborated on the car point)

Also.... last question of question 1) was you Only choose 1 of them
i choose the second text.....

Overall how you think you guys went?

Do you guys remember the exact wording of the first question?

goosiegoo

HSC
Eugh... I thought i did alright in the comprehension and creative, but the essay i didn't leave myself enough time and thus didn't actually think about what i was writing so... i did not do well.

For the last question of 1 i did one of them, but mentioned the others. Don't know if that was alright... but i was a little confused about how i was supposed to show contrast without contrasting it to something! Sigh.

johnnypaul

HSC
wrxsti said:

section 1) 9 pages
section 2 ) 13 pages
Section 3) 18 pages

So you wrote 40 pages in 120 minutes?

williamc

HSC
1a) i wrote a car represents a physical journey, with the dust billowing out behind indicates movement . Its that simple.
f) constrast the differing perpectives of journey in 1 text. I chose text two and wrote some bullshit.

Yer our booklets seemed to have more lines than the HSC one's...

My planned essay was 1200 words.. and i expanded on it.. so im guessing i wrote 1400 words in around 50 minutes.

Last edited:

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Section One: 10 pages

Section Two: 12 Pages

Section Three: 20 pages

It was pretty good. I thought it was a very very fair paper and it didn't ask anything crazy at all.

Quality.

I forgot one of my Coleridge poems though so yeah. I felt like such a loser when I couldn't remember something I've studied for awhile.

williamc

HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
Section One: 10 pages

Section Two: 12 Pages

Section Three: 20 pages

It was pretty good. I thought it was a very very fair paper and it didn't ask anything crazy at all.

Quality.

I forgot one of my Coleridge poems though so yeah. I felt like such a loser when I couldn't remember something I've studied for awhile.

Do you write liek kindy? Taking two lines for each letter. I don't see that physically posible.

Anonymous1

HSC
section 1: A booklet and a page or so.
section 2: exactly one booklet.
section 3: a booklet and a few pages.
Didn't have time to count how many pages in each booklet though.

wrxsti - what's wrong with car? =S I'm pretty sure it's correct. it also could of been the road, the mountain in the background, pretty simple as long as you elaborated on it.

What did everyone write for the narrative style in text two/ and the techniques in Text 3 (I think).

For the last part of question 1, I simply chose a text, and picked out an image and contrasted how it could represent a physical, inner, and imagined journey, and pretty much done it for all the possible visuals in the text. The road, car, mountain. Did anyone do the same thing?

jason21

HSC
I wasn't a fan of this paper, the last question was difficult to comprehend but i think i got the jist of it. it prob has something to do wif the fact that i hate english alot!!!!
Section 1: 2.5
Section 2: 2.5 (was pretty shit ran out of things to say)
Section 3: 3.5 (arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh)

madelinenortham

HSC
omg you people write so much!!

section 1] 3
section 2] 4
section 3] 4

and at my school that was like, alot!!

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i wrote car....said it was a journey motif adn that it's a mode of transport to opporunities and different destinations

the 6 marker, werent you jsut suppose to do one? i used 2nd one the father and son, but not so confident on this one, didnt realise this text was better...i was doing the visual one!!

i did shit for section two, i did just two freaking pages!!! i chagned my mind after doing a page!! ahhh waht a piss off! i did sect 3 adn did it within perhaps a fraction less than 40 mins, and i wasted that time on doign a page then scribblign it out...that cuts! that burns! that shits me!

perfekshunist

HSC
you people are crazzzy? how fast, no better yet - how BIG do you guys write ? thats crazzy. :eek:

Excessive writing is pointless as i see it - remember guys 'quality not quantity!' I think everyones gettign a little carried away

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
perfekshunist said:
you people are crazzzy? how fast, no better yet - how BIG do you guys write ? thats crazzy. :eek:

Excessive writing is pointless as i see it - remember guys 'quality not quantity!' I think everyones gettign a little carried away
lol ' quality not quantity'....only slow writers say that !!!........like me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)