CSSA paper (1 Viewer)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Stipe Pletikosa said:
For the final question in section one i did text 3 and spoke about his two contrasting journeys and the differing emotions they leave. The imaginative journey is negative, yet his physical journey outsid ehis house created a vivid outlook. I hope that was write.
I did that text but I talked about the journey that he read about in the book and then the journey he went through after reading it. Not sure if I'm close to the mark at all though.

Hopefully we did ok :)

johnnypaul

HSC
The people who wrote 20 pages for Section 3 are fucked. Look at the Standards Packages and look at the exemplar responses. You will notice that most the responses are between 11-13 pages.

Stipe Pletikosa

HSC
Can someone smart at English please deduce what was required for a good answer in question 3 of the paper! Im really stuck :S

pinktiara

HSC
Section 2 screwed me up a bit- but i worked around it and introduced a new character into the response I'd originally prepared, and threw in come cool-sounding metaphors. Overal I'm happy coz i definitely did better than i did in the half-yearlies

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I felt like jumping out of my chair and cheering when I saw the question 2, I was SO glad it wasn't a story! I wrote a feature article.

shaun_89

HSC
BHHS said:
For the questions, you should really only need about 5 lines per mark.

So for one mark questions = 5 lines.

three mark = 15 lines

six mark = 30 lines

So you should only need to do around 75 lines for the whole section.
woah man..5 lines...woah. i only wrote 2. six mark...hmm that questions was abit rough. but managed to do it. yeah i just started my trials this week. good start. i think the english paper was a good start. but yeah...its all good =D

shaun_89

HSC
williams180 said:
yeh will c did 20 pages for question 3 thought that was suffice did 10 on creative(not enough) and just 8 for part one A4 pages though peace up eco 07
woah ur good. man thats a total of 38. dude how were u able to do that man...thats just =D

pinkdragon89

HSC
i was just wondering...people who right over 9 pages for section 1...do you take a new page for every question and then like write a page to a page and a half for each answer....because that seems like an awful lot of writing

xkentarox

HSC
Umm im new to the whole forum thing...

I just wanted to ask...wasn't text two in Section 1 about a mother and the son?? Someone said it was father and son...coz if it was...OMG! :eek: officially screwed...

and for section 2 (creative writing) it didnt matter if it was a short story right? Mine was about some guy reminiscing about his friend...then ends up dying while hes still reminiscing! dammit...

good luck to those doing eco tomorrow. =]

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
xkentarox said:
Umm im new to the whole forum thing...

I just wanted to ask...wasn't text two in Section 1 about a mother and the son?? Someone said it was father and son...coz if it was...OMG! :eek: officially screwed...

and for section 2 (creative writing) it didnt matter if it was a short story right? Mine was about some guy reminiscing about his friend...then ends up dying while hes still reminiscing! dammit...

good luck to those doing eco tomorrow. =]
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it was a father and son. In one of the questions it said "he" in reference to the narrator. It shouldn't affect you too much though, hopefully

But for section two it didn't specify a form so anything should be fine. I did a short story, but yours should be alright.

ray987

HSC
the test was pretty average.

i did 13 pages for the essay, some teachers dont believe in giving 100% for essays but i feel pretty confident that i will get 100%

matindo64

HSC
I did 3 full A4 pages for each section, royally screwed up my 3rd section, left only 30 minutes to do it, didnt even finish, wrote 4 lines on my additional text.....got eco and english paper 2 for all my essay writing pleasure then its on to the sciences!

bec.jay

HSC
ray987 said:
the test was pretty average.

i did 13 pages for the essay, some teachers dont believe in giving 100% for essays but i feel pretty confident that i will get 100%
for the sake of your ego, i hope so too!

vendetta711

HSC
section1:15pgs
section2:27pgs
section3:139pgs

u guys who can only write 15 pages for each are pathetic...JKS ur all freaks, its impossible to write the amount of pages u guys wrote in the time!!! either ur liars or u write letters across 4 lines with each letter!

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
I think some people are a bit terrible when they disbelieve how much people write.

In the whole exam I wrote 42 pages. We have exam booklets though, and my writing averages 3-4 words per line so that could be an explanation.

I'm fortunate enough to be a really fast writer though anyway. Afternoon detentions of writing out the schools code of conduct have put me into practice for trials, and I was able to write 19 A4 full pages in an hour and a half.

There is nothing wrong with writing 2 pages for Section One, but there is also nothing wrong with writing 10. It's the different writing sizes, booklet sizes and line sizes that make these things varied.

And for the record, in the Memoir I thought it was a mother and son too, but I wasn't exactly sure, so I kept referring to them as 'the parent' or 'the narrator'

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
And for the record, in the Memoir I thought it was a mother and son too, but I wasn't exactly sure, so I kept referring to them as 'the parent' or 'the narrator'
I'm a bit worried now because that's three people who thought it was a mother. I thought it was too until I read the question, I swear it said "he". I hope it did or I'll look a bit silly.

Katasha

HSC
Yeah.. that memoir. I thought it was a mother and a son too. But in one of the questions it said something about the narrator and then it mentioned "he" and i was quite surprised.
I think most of us thought it was a mother because of the way the narrator acted... very maternal-like. Meh... reading it a second time with the narrator as male in mind, was weird!
Wooo... who's doing Eng paper 2 tmr?

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
It was incredibly maternal. I can't imagine reading something a man wrote talking about 'embracing' their son as soon as he walked through the door.

Although that is a stereotypical attitude to have and it could very possibly be that way.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Katasha said:
Yeah.. that memoir. I thought it was a mother and a son too. But in one of the questions it said something about the narrator and then it mentioned "he" and i was quite surprised.
I think most of us thought it was a mother because of the way the narrator acted... very maternal-like. Meh... reading it a second time with the narrator as male in mind, was weird!
Wooo... who's doing Eng paper 2 tmr?
Oh good someone confirms haha. Yeah my friend wrote about maternal instincts and stuff in his answer so he wasn't too happy when I told him it was a guy.

We have Paper 2 on Wednesday, day off for me tomorrow :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)