CSSA trial extension 1 (1 Viewer)

rayd

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I think we did the CSSA exam with a couple of questions changed. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (I fully expected not to pass), but I made a bunch of stupid mistakes. I'm such an idiot. Like for the EPSILON question I only put 5!

Did Question 7 for you guys have a SHM tide question? Cause I thought I answered that one awesome until afterwards I realised that I had the amplitude as 3 when it should have been 1.5 :burn:
negative the SHM one in there was stupid... it had like 2 things goin in SHM ontop of each other.. or i dunno whats goin on. it was just stupid :p

filo_romz

HSC
dang .. i didn't get to finish that SHM question, i did complete everything except the last part of that question. i got 4 times that the particles meet each other but i didn't state their direction cuz i didn't have enough time .. ugh =(

Last edited:

joey89e

HSC
honestly that test was wayyyy harder than xpected - i did all the cssa trials from 2001 - 2006 and they were heaps easierr - i got like around 85% on those ones..but today i think im probabley at the 40% markk

i even did sum past hsc papers that were easier than that triall paper ... lets just pray that our hsc paper turns out easier than our triall - so then we can use the cliche "trials are way harder than hsc"

Last edited:

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: CSSA trial extension 1

SHM one,i didnt understand wats going on in the last part,so i just skipped it..

Hikari Clover

HSC

does any1 remember this Qs ?

A=300-200R^-kt
looks like that, how did u guys go for this one,i couldnt do the last part...

meixia

5 cents short of a 97
HSC
i thought the test was so & so. Wasn't good, but I'm hoping I passed.
Skipped at least 15-20 (?) marks. Not sure, don't really want to think about it.

Also, i think its security period, so posting up questions would surely advantage a lot of other people who missed the test, and ocassionaly the school would make them do the same one (perhaps). So be careful about what you say.

Overall though, it was much much harder than the past CSSA papers, although some questions were repeated.

good luck for all doing 4u :) im dead

[edit] who else is doing 4u [/edit]

Last edited:

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
the pospinator said:
if that was a 3unit exam, i'd love to see what a 4unit exam is like

good luck guys
Don't remind me -.-; I'm officially screwed for 4U. I'm just gonna hope the others in my class are more screwed over. (Lol, so mean -.-; )

This exam was meh-ish. I know it's only cos I haven't studied enough that I skipped quite a couple of questions. (Stupid chem exam XO)

For the g(x) = f(x) + f-1(x) question, just compare the two domains and use logic from there. One had x>0 and the other had x>=0, so g(x) would have a domain of x>0, since it's both graphs added together.

My school hasn't taught binomial or permutation yet, so we got an easy 3D trig question for Q7B. Apparently, the rank 1 guy in my year didn't see there was an amendment for Q7B, so he did the original binomial question and didn't completely answer it, so I guess that was a really mean question >.<;

meixia

5 cents short of a 97
HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Don't remind me -.-; I'm officially screwed for 4U. I'm just gonna hope the others in my class are more screwed over. (Lol, so mean -.-; )
I'm screwed-er

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: CSSA trial extension 1

Hikari Clover said:

A=300-200R^-kt
Yeah I screwed that one up. Can't remember how far I got through it, but I don't think I got very far.

filo_romz

HSC

Hikari Clover said:

A=300-200R^-kt
oh yeah .. this one . i think i got it out ..
i solved k = 1/10 .. did anyone else get that? =X

Hikari Clover

HSC

Chinmoku03 said:

This exam was meh-ish. I know it's only cos I haven't studied enough that I skipped quite a couple of questions. (Stupid chem exam XO)

For the g(x) = f(x) + f-1(x) question, just compare the two domains and use logic from there. One had x>0 and the other had x>=0, so g(x) would have a domain of x>0, since it's both graphs added together.

My school hasn't taught binomial or permutation yet, so we got an easy 3D trig question for Q7B. Apparently, the rank 1 guy in my year didn't see there was an amendment for Q7B, so he did the original binomial question and didn't completely answer it, so I guess that was a really mean question >.<;

shouldn't the graph look like this?

OMG

Last edited:

Vladkun

HSC
rayd said:
question 2 i think..
either ur school took that part out because u havnt dun permutations...
or u completley missed a page :p
oh thats right yeh they prob took it out.

Either way I fucked it up and that's the end of that.

I aint gonna keep bitchin'

smallpat

HSC
It was a binomial from hell, no one in my class enev bothered attempting it!!

filo_romz

HSC

Hikari Clover said:
shouldn't the graph look like this?

WHAT THE! mine didn't look like that =X my end points where [0,1] and [1,0] =/ .. but i dno .. that graph doesn't make sense to me tho .. cuz if y = x was an asymptote, the graph(s ) shudn't be able to touch it or cross it >_<

meixia

5 cents short of a 97
HSC
yup so did i (i think) - k = 0.1

Last edited:

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: CSSA trial extension 1

filo_romz said:
WHAT THE! mine didn't look like that =X my end points where [0,1] and [1,0] =/ .. but i dno .. that graph doesn't make sense to me tho .. cuz if y = x was an asymptote, the graph(s ) shudn't be able to touch it or cross it >_<
can any1 post the original Qs up here, i completely forgot it........

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i had a different graph?

wasnt the minimum like the intial which was like 100 or something at t=0
so it was like 300-200e0???

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
wait am i talking about the right question?? im not aye LOL

the graph question i remember something like

swapping the (1,0)

to a (0,1) and swapping teh y=0 asymptote to a x=0 asymptote or something like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)