CSSA Trial Maths Adv RESULTS (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, it's sad in a way. But i don't think you'll be affected heaps. Just get a good HSC mark then see what happens.
You cohort won't affect you if you are first rank internally and you get the top external mark. That way, it is all your own marks and work! ^_^ :music:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
You cohort won't affect you if you are first rank internally and you get the top external mark. That way, it is all your own marks and work! ^_^ :music:
EXactly. It's only the people above you internally and in the HSC exam that affect you :)

kiniki

HSC
Guys i got an average mark (84/120) but the majority of yr 12 went SHIT. Out of 70 people, 12 got above 80, 4 got above 100.

My mark was already crap from previous tests, but i'm guessing it'll get bumped up quite a bit now.

So I keep reading that its your ranks and gaps between rankings that contribute to your HSC mark...

does this mean if I go well and score >100 in the HSC, I'll get an okay ATAR?

yup just a bit lost here :confused:

i'm just assuming i'll be sweet for the HSC coz this trial will have scared the shit out of the yr 12s, and i already will have a better rank than most of them....?

i think i've just confused myself more

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys i got an average mark (84/120) but the majority of yr 12 went SHIT. Out of 70 people, 12 got above 80, 4 got above 100.

My mark was already crap from previous tests, but i'm guessing it'll get bumped up quite a bit now.

So I keep reading that its your ranks and gaps between rankings that contribute to your HSC mark...

i'm just assuming i'll be sweet for the HSC coz this trial will have scared the shit out of the yr 12s, and i already will have a better rank than most of them....?

I wish you good luck ^_^. You should be fine if you put in the effort and concentrate on the past papers.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC

The best thing you can do now is get as many past papers in as you can!! When i say past papers i mean, not only past HSC papers but also some trial papers from your school and others (e.g. James Ruse, Sydney Tech etc, all can be found in the resource section of Bored of Studies).

As you start to focus more on isolating your mistakes, relearning theory and practicing, you will see your marks dramatically increase! Goodluck for the HSC

yheywood87

HSC
all my marks so far this year have beeen crap for maths :( got my results back today and got 69/120 :( im so cut... i studied really hard and for a month before the exam.... but i still got a shitttttyyy markkkkk...what should i do, cause i keep getting really badd marksss... i do so many past paperssssssss and i stilll geting just above 55% :( ...... help help help

kwabon

Banned
HSC
Isn't that normal for accelerants? I topped my CSSA Trial last year with 119 and the 2nd place was by fellow accelerant who got 112.
yeh, lol, never said anything about that being weird or normal, just telling everyone (dunno y though) our top mark in 2 unit.

yeh, rofl, but if you were to think about it, thats only normal for genius's like you!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
yeh, lol, never said anything about that being weird or normal, just telling everyone (dunno y though) our top mark in 2 unit.

yeh, rofl, but if you were to think about it, thats only normal for genius's like you!!
I am sure you and scott topped last year too right?

haha xD

kiniki

HSC
aahhh @aqua (who i'm sure is a real boy) and@addikaye thanks heaps :) i'm going to be trying harder now, even tho i'm repeating it next year. but still. i can't believe looking back on it, how bad i am with probability and those sort of lateral-thinking questions :|

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
aahhh @aqua (who i'm sure is a real boy) and@addikaye thanks heaps :) i'm going to be trying harder now, even tho i'm repeating it next year. but still. i can't believe looking back on it, how bad i am with probability and those sort of lateral-thinking questions :|
Why the real boy thing?

I'm a real boy. I'm a big boy! I don't even need mummy to take me to the potty anymore... I can get my provisional license soon (yay!) AND the best of all... My voice is no longer the same as a girl's (as little boys and girls both have high pitched whining sounds).

Do I know you?

FFC

HSC
all my marks so far this year have beeen crap for maths :( got my results back today and got 69/120 :( im so cut... i studied really hard and for a month before the exam.... but i still got a shitttttyyy markkkkk...what should i do, cause i keep getting really badd marksss... i do so many past paperssssssss and i stilll geting just above 55% :( ...... help help help
:(

How are you going in those past papers? Do you do them to time conditions? And if so, how do you score usually? Do you know how to do all the questions?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Timing and spending ALOT of time after the past exams and marking them, and reading step-by-step is the way to go.

If you already have over 10 units, if Maths is pulling you down, consider dropping it. It is deadweight if you do not like the subject and also get bad marks.

yheywood87

HSC
i did a fair few of the past cssa ones, and i was getting 70-75% so i was bummed when i got this mark :(:( naa im on ten units and maths is fucking my uai up hahaha gahhhh

kcrocks

HSC
I got 105/120, teacher said I lost majority of my marks in the first half of the paper. Pretty happy with result though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)