Cumberland 2006- Who's starting? (1 Viewer)

nik_noodle

HSC
franklin265 said:
definitely more than an hour and a half. it took me close to 2 hours to finish.

there's like 14 steps you have to go through to enrol. some you might skip. i know it did. so that can cut your time.
dont do what i and many others did, and write ur school student number in the student number space :p

oops

franklin265

HSC
nik_noodle said:
dont do what i and many others did, and write ur school student number in the student number space :p

oops
i nearly did that yesterday. i was somewhat confused.

then i looked up at the projector thing on the wall and saw that we got our own usyd stu number.

jessied

HSC
I enrolled today. It didnt take me too long cos I got dad to fill out some of it. But after the 14 steps it was a tad long.. Can't wait to start there now!!!

fearless86

HSC
franklin265 said:
the campus is not so bad. i might like it more than the main campus. i mean, it's a really nice campus... luckily the place was air conditioned and whatnot.

fearless86, was o-camp before or during lectures started?? i got all this info, read through it, but nothing on o-camp.
haha, yeah shes a great campus. The airconditioning in E101 can get to you after a while. At first youre like 'wow, lectures is just like being at the movies! this is way better than school' then after a while youre just like '...its too cold in here.'

hmm, i cant remember when we got info about O camp. but we had to have paid by about Feb 10th last year.
it was held the friday and saturday night on the weekend before lectures started- hence we were all hungover on sunday morning and all the camp leaders were laughing at us because we had 8am biomechanics lecture the next morning.

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
yeah- i did all the enrolment stuf and i didn't see/hear anything about O camp- just the O day of lectures we have on the 2nd March or whatever.

I guess we may hear something about it later on.

franklin265

HSC
ok. are we allowed to wear thongs?

i know for practicals or whatever, we're not permitted to.

nik_noodle

HSC
franklin265 said:
ok. are we allowed to wear thongs?

i know for practicals or whatever, we're not permitted to.
what, you mean just to uni each day??
of corse u can wear thongs. u can wear whatever u like. But not in pracs or anything i guess. ud need closed in shoes.

franklin265

HSC
nik_noodle said:
what, you mean just to uni each day??
of corse u can wear thongs. u can wear whatever u like. But not in pracs or anything i guess. ud need closed in shoes.

hahaha yehh for uni each day. i figured for prac we wouldn't be allowed to. my school never let us wear thongs so i just thought.....

anyway

would anyone happen to know how many days a b. health sciences student would be required to go to the campus for lectures and stuff??

franklin265

HSC
they're all timetables for behavioural health sciences - not my course. i'm doing health sciences.

but thanks for that. i was told all science "based" degrees are 5 days a week. oh well.

franklin265

HSC
lol thats ok

does anyone know if we get train/bus pases? or are we required to buy tickets, train in my case, each day?

gemmi

HSC
hey, im in year 12 and thinking of studying occupational therapy, nursing or speech pathology. what do you recon about these courses? cos i know im interested in the health sciences but i need sum guidance..lol

franklin265

HSC
i wouldn't be off much help. i'm doing a bachelor of health sciences course. i think those courses you mentioned, except nursing, are taught at the cumberland campus in lidcombe. not at the main campus.

anyway. who's doing the chemistry bridging course this week?? i'll be there.

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
i'm a derbrain hehe- i forgot to sign up for the grammar bridging course- ah well..more work that i don't need.
gemmi- ask Skeeta she does speeth path. i'm starting this year so maybe after a semester in I can give you some help but right now i'm not really clued in to the whole speeth path way of life. but hooray for considering it- it sounds like an awesomely interesting course:)

sambo_rambo

HSC
Yeah i got that notice about the grammar bridging course too. I can't go and so I emailed the lecturer and she said that all the content is in first semester linguistics, it will just be heaps faster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)