• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cut offs released? (1 Viewer)

Toxophilite

HSC
i was told that the cut offs are released tomorrow, but i cant find any info about it.... anyone know anything? if they are where do i find out?
also i heard the universities start calling around now, whats that about?
im so confused right now >.<

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Toxophilite said:
i was told that the cut offs are released tomorrow, but i cant find any info about it.... anyone know anything? if they are where do i find out?
also i heard the universities start calling around now, whats that about?
im so confused right now >.<

If you mean the cut-offs for the Bands you will be disappointed because the Board doesn't normally release them. They have done so after people have used FOI requests.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't expect the UAI cut-offs to be released until after, or at least, at the time of the first round offers.

That has been my understanding of the practice in the past. If they were released earlier then students wouldn't need to stress in early January when they are waiting for their offers as they would know whether they made the course or not.

isdwmd

HSC
yeah i dont think it would be out until at least the main round!
but i wish they tell us so we wont be soooooooooo stressed!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
What's the point of stressing about it now? You can't chage what they're going to do, so you might as well forget about it for 3 weeks.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
cem said:
I wouldn't expect the UAI cut-offs to be released until after, or at least, at the time of the first round offers.

That has been my understanding of the practice in the past. If they were released earlier then students wouldn't need to stress in early January when they are waiting for their offers as they would know whether they made the course or not.
I believe that's correct. The UAI cut-offs are the lowest accepted UAI for an individual course. Obviously such figures cannot be released until the first-round offers are made because the universites don't know what the lowest accepted UAI will be until they have made their offers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)