Dating Religious Girl (2 Viewers)

tilda-lou

HSC
religous girls are not suppose to date guys that are not religous as well, my best mate is way religous and can like a guy but wont do anything because she cant deni her faith, she tells me that if a guy returned to a religion then it would be ok, yet there are always the things you can never go past!
its a hard thing, u have to decide is she worth it!
be true to her, tell her she will tell you whats the go

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ok so you say your friend wont go dating guys if theyre not religious...more specifically having the same faith....but then she goes on to say that if he wasnt religious at first, but then returns to religion, it would be alright to go out

how would you know that the guy isnt just going to church just for the sake of going out with the best mate of yours....because having faith in something doesnt occur overnight

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I was mocking your "I love Jesus more than them Gom gomgo omgomgomg" bullshit.

As if implying that people that were believers but say, had sex before marriage, didn't love God enough.

I was just pointing out how pathetic, and in fact, antithetical to your belief system that that was. Way to usurp God's position of Judgement. Enjoy hell.
good gracious, i think you might have trouble getting your points across in your posts but i somewhat know what you're on about

Of course, you're entitled to what you think about our beliefs. I don't think our system implies that people having sex before marriage "don't love god enough".

Fact of the matter is, they probably do love him alot! But in the eyes of Him, (now I don't want to put my own opinion out here) and through various scripture accounts, adultery is an act of sin.

Its a sin like me and you lying, disrepecting parents and all that. However its the severity of the sin (as I understand) that is what us catholics believe in that classes it above your "lower levels" of sin, which we would prefer to not commit or else we distance ourselves from God.

I'm sure you know the basis of Catholicism (and Judaism?) is based from the Ten Commandments - if you have a read, it does say "thou shalt not commit adultery".

Nonetheless, I'm not taking a poke at you and how you percieve catholics but at the end of the day you have to realise its between you and Him. How you choose to live your lifestyle is your own free will. I guess in the case of Catholics (at least the ones who abide to the system) don't want to go against laws set out in stone. :wave:

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Panda Bear said:
good gracious, i think you might have trouble getting your points across in your posts but i somewhat know what you're on about
Panda Bear said:
you're a bit over the place :p but i understand you

Perhaps the issue is not our expression, but rather your comprehension? :eek:

Last edited:

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
nichhhole said:
Perhaps the issue is not our expression, but rather your comprehension?
Fortunately, im not the only one who didn't understand him the first go. Read up a few posts.

I said it two different ways, I was merely implying he should write more clearly but it was still understandable. There's a difference.

Perhaps he was rushing the first couple of posts I don't know, though if you read his latest post, it is perfectly fine and comprehendable - a mark difference from his first 2 posts. Least he took some time to word it nicely that time :)

I'm not sitting in English class so if you want to use your 4-unit english skills or whatever, I'm out :wave:

Oh to reply to Miles' post: your points/view are totally understood and equally valid :)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I'm dating a guy that I wouldn't call *religious* per say. His family pray before meals and they go to church on the weekends. But they also respect that I am not a religious person and that I am Agnostic.

When I am invited to his hous for dinner, I will sit at the table, hold hands with the people next to me, close my eyes and bow my head. I also say 'amen' at the end of the prayer for food. Because its a sign of respect, I am in their house and was invited there.

When he's at my house for dinner, we don't pray we just eat, and that's fine. I don't go to church, which my bf and his family do on saturday, and I have never been pressured to go. He asked me once, I said no and it's never been mentioned again.

We have a mutual agreement about all of this , that we never spoke about and its working. When I go out with some of his friends (one group of them are his church friends I respect that also and don't swear and watch what I say around them, Im still me, just with less profanity. They have never pressured me into being religious, so it works out.

If we ever get married, I don't mind doing it in a church, although I'd rather not but I wouldn't be upset if we did.

ellen.louise

HSC
Panda Bear said:
Its a sin like me and you lying, disrepecting parents and all that. However its the severity of the sin (as I understand) that is what us catholics believe in that classes it above your "lower levels" of sin, which we would prefer to not commit or else we distance ourselves from God.
I never really understood this concept: i think it's something that comes from people and not from the bible. I'll use an analogy someone told me: If you have two cups full of water, and you put one drop of food colouring in one and the rest of the bottle in another, they're both still coloured water.

Is there actually anything stating that someone who lies is less sinful than someone who murders? The punishments are the same for all in the bible: "the punishment for sin is death." It just seems like a very human concept, sort of like the concept of religion: "I have to do things to please God" (this is why i try to make the distinction between faith and religion.

Could you explain where this idea came from to me?

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I was mocking your "I love Jesus more than them Gom gomgo omgomgomg" bullshit.

As if implying that people that were believers but say, had sex before marriage, didn't love God enough.

I was just pointing out how pathetic, and in fact, antithetical to your belief system that that was. Way to usurp God's position of Judgement. Enjoy hell.
Hi,
I just wanted to write to clarify a few things, because you have misunderstood me.
I'm not saying that people who have sex before marriage can't be believers and have salvation...we certainly all make mistakes.
I never said anything along the lines of "I love God more than them"... I only spoke from the angle that it is sad when people who claim to belong to God in their words, deny Him wholly in their lifestyles.
I mean certainly God is gracious to us, it's a wonder anyone is saved from hell, but when someone truly is saved, Paul says;
"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?...we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been freed from sin...count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace...What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! " Romans 6

All I was meaning by my previous posts is that it is sad when people give themselves a title that they havent accepted on a personal level.
I was really relating it to different people that I have met. A girl for example that told me I was not saved because i wasn't fasting at easter, and because I didn't have a cross on me, didn't cross when I pray and because i didn't have rosary beads. That is what I would venture to call truly antithetical, as her definition of salvation did not involve Jesus at all.
On another note, the Bible calls us to rebuke those who aren't living the Godly lives that they were called to upon being saved. So, if in the cases of these people who sleep around, they claim to be saved, then by all means in love and by the Bible we are to speak to these people...for what does it say about how seriously they take Him if they will not obey Him?

And,
Enjoy hell
? I can with full assurance say that through Jesus and through Him alone, I am saved from hell and as such will never go there. This life is as bad as it gets for me. I will be with Jesus for eternity.
In saying that to me, weren't you also being a tad hypocritical?
Anyway, hope you understand where I was coming from a little better :)

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
No because I don't believe it unlike you. I can be as pious as I want because I know it won't have any affect. :)
so you don't think it's hypocritical of you to have a shot at me for "judging" people... yet you were judging me by concluding i was going to hell? when in ur words we have to leave it to "God's judgement"?...yes, even though you don't believe it.

Anyway, that aside, do you understand where I was coming from now?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I can with full assurance say that through Jesus and through Him alone, I am saved from hell and as such will never go there. This life is as bad as it gets for me. I will be with Jesus for eternity.
I wish I could talk to you when you're an old woman... then again maybe not.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
*yooneek* said:
My great, great nan who I loved very much said some words that really stuck with me as her husband's casket was lowered into the grave. She said "It's all too soon". She was a deeply religious, extremely devoted catholic who's beliefs had been tested through the death of a son when he was only 4, the death of another son in his early 50's and had left her with a resolute, stalwart faith....

Yet all that meant nothing when it came down to crunch time, when her husband died there was no more happiness, no more hope, she realised her own time was soon to come to an end and there was no escape. The last words she ever spoke to me after I said "I'll see you soon" were "I hope so".

If you're fortunate enough to see your life comming to an end, I really doubt you'll still be claiming this current life is the worst your life will ever be, you'll be clinging to it for all you can and your beliefs in an afterlife will probably give you little solace.

IMO :p

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Hi, NTB :wave:

Your nan did, without a doubt, face unimaginably tragic times...and it's obvious the thought of death was something that she feared. That must've been really hard for you to watch.
I know this life is hard.

Is death something to be feared? Of course it is, if you are not right with God.
For me, my own death is not a sad thing. Sad for those left behind? Yes.
But i would happily take a bullet for you in the hope that you would find peace in Jesus before you died.
Because of Jesus, "Death has lost it's sting" and I look forward to the day that I get to greet Him as my saviour.
My "beliefs in the afterlife" are the only reason I get through life at all, and I know i will still be believing this when I die.

I'm sure if my death is the result of long suffering and the chance to say goodbye to my family, i will be balling my eyes out. But i know that i will see them soon, and that I am going to spend eternity with them.

It'd be lovely to talk to you when I'm 80 if i make it that far, for I would love you to see that the only reason I remained in Jesus the rest of my life is because He promises to remain in me.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
No becuas eyour logic and rhetoric does not bind me by the same rules that it binds you by. You are limited by your religion as I am not, yet I am able to limit you by its rules through my knowledge of it. :)
ok

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Is death something to be feared? Of course it is, if you are not right with God.
The point of using my example was to explain that when you're not looking death in the face it's quite easy to make such brave proclamations. Try putting yourself in the shoes of your future self, on the edge of death, are you still so brave? I'm sure you'll reply with a yes but then I think that might be a limitation of your mind to comprehend the possibility of your own inexistance or due to some sort of mental block you've put up to prevent such comprehensions.

Death is something which you will learn to fear and uncertainty is something which I'm sure you will have in your life. I've learnt to embrace such uncertainty and I find life easier to deal with, I worry for people like you if you ever get a peak behind the curtains.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
The point of using my example was to explain that when you're not looking death in the face it's quite easy to make such brave proclamations. Try putting yourself in the shoes of your future self, on the edge of death, are you still so brave? I'm sure you'll reply with a yes but then I think that might be a limitation of your mind to comprehend the possibility of your own inexistance or due to some sort of mental block you've put up to prevent such comprehensions.

Death is something which you will learn to fear and uncertainty is something which I'm sure you will have in your life. I've learnt to embrace such uncertainty and I find life easier to deal with, I worry for people like you if you ever get a peak behind the curtains.
Please don't worry about me.
I won't go into details, but i have seen plenty of death.
Please don't think of me as this young, inexperienced, obvlivious, closed off to reality girl who knows nothing... ((don't worry, I'm not saying you were offensive or anything...the former words are my choice to use))
It's not a matter of being brave, as it is a matter of being assured.
Do i consider myself brave? uh, no ... am i assured beyond everything else in this life of my salvation in Jesus? Yes.
Unless you one day feel what I feel in my heart, I don't blame you for thinking as you do. So there's nothing more I can really say... because we're so different.
But you're the one i worry about when the curtains do get pulled back.
I know there is no real common ground between us... but i am really thankful for the way you talk so kindly. Thank you, NTB.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Please don't think of me as this young, inexperienced, obvlivious, closed off to reality girl who knows nothing... ((don't worry, I'm not saying you were offensive or anything...the former words are my choice to use))
We both know very little about the world yooneek... we are oblivious, stupid, inexperienced little beings that are really, even on the scale of a human lifetime, only beginning to grasp what we possibly can of this existance.

Unless you one day feel what I feel in my heart, I don't blame you for thinking as you do. So there's nothing more I can really say... because we're so different.
It's possible to believe in things that aren't true you know. I'm the sort of person who (at least likes to think) would get themselves checked out if they started hearing the voice of christ, or seeing angels etc. I do hope you're right about the afterlife and I'm wrong though, even if I am to spend eternity in hell at least I would know some people I love got to enjoy heaven.

But you're the one i worry about when the curtains do get pulled back.
You know what's been a reoccuring thought of mine lately? What if the X religion is right (let's say muslims because then you can relate, I sometimes think of going to hedes though :p) and tomorrow I die and wake up there? So I also worry about myself if there is some truth to any of these religions, but then again I think you should too.

I know there is no real common ground between us... but i am really thankful for the way you talk so kindly. Thank you, NTB.
It's ok, I actually felt I was being pretty mean and depressive. Thanks.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I dont really fear death, but i would also like to avoid it for as long as possible. I am just going to restate what i said before: religious girls are almost never worth it. Too much effort for too little gain, and even then how happy can the relationship be without sex, with some idiot preaching their beleifs to you and arguements were they will refuse to back down [i.e gay marriage] because of their 'faith'.

There are hundreds of normal girls out there for every religious one, go find one of them and enjoy a relationship far more rewarding than anything you could have had with the religious girl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)