Dating your bestfriend? (1 Viewer)

Ben1220

HSC
We're really good friends, haven't exactly known him for that long but he feels like a best mate already.

I'm scared shitless because it seems to be heading down that path and his friendship means so much, so I was a bit torn about the idea at first.

But I'd be an idiot not to date him, so I figure it's worth the risk cause he's fricking gorgeous!! =D

I like the way you think =)
define not long. 4 months? 2 months? even less?

emmcyclopedia

HSC
define not long. 4 months? 2 months? even less?
And you care why? lol

But fyi, we've been mates for under 2 months.

Just out of interest, why would you date someone you don't consider to be a close friend?
Yeah good point. I suppose it's more when you have a fair few communal friends, and when you've already got a really good thing going as mates, that it becomes a massive step to change that.
It kind of puts a lot at stake.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
seeing as my best friends one gay man, three giggling girls and three pussy loving guys who are either too old or immature, definitely not.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yeah for every couple i know who has been together since like 17/18 or whatever, i know like... a hundred who haven't lol. and the ones who break up after long term relationships generally go back to acting like they're 17/18 again because they've.... idk... in a way "missed out" on that fun few years of their lives i guess.
like yeah, if you're with someone you're heaps stoked with then chances are you're probably not going to be all "lol i don't think we'll be together in a few years time" but statistically, at that age, the chances of being with that person "forever" are fairly unlikely lol

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
shouldn't your partner be your best friend by default anyway?

my boyfriend certainly is. I mean, I can't think of anyone else I consistently enjoy spending time with, always.

a really good partner should be both your best friend and your best lover :)

assiduous

HSC

my boyfriend certainly is. I mean, I can't think of anyone else I consistently enjoy spending time with, always.

so true.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC

change boyfriend to girlfriend and i couldn't have put it any better myself! :eek:
hasn't there already been a thread on this anyway lol

HalcyonSky

HSC
change boyfriend to girlfriend and i couldn't have put it any better myself! :eek:
hasn't there already been a thread on this anyway lol
man

i am happy you are still feeling like that

does it depress you this may eventually fade

HalcyonSky

HSC
also wtf why are there 20 people viewing this forum at this time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)