Day in the life of a uni student (1 Viewer)

shoutoutloud

HSC
Is any one here attending this event on friday at Notre Dame?
If yes, what courses are you going to go and see?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
If I were going... I'd go to Engineering + Maths + Medical Sciences.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
oh lol, thhought this thread was describing a day at uni . i could provide a low down if you wish.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
oh lol, thhought this thread was describing a day at uni . i could provide a low down if you wish.
Yea sure, why not!...

(especially on the Civil Engineering bit :p) since that's what I want to study. ^_^

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Yea sure, why not!...

(especially on the Civil Engineering bit :p) since that's what I want to study. ^_^
um you make your timetable a few weeks beforehand. seeing as you're first yr, you get the first choice in this semester. you try to organisea timetable such thaty ou can meet all your friends. 5 days is normal, 4 days is a blessing. try for 4 days.

first day, you wake up a few minutes early, eat breakfast and attend all your lectures. you walk into a lecture hall and all these first years are there with you. the theatre is packed, you try to find a place for you and your friends. chances are, there wont' be enough seats. the lecturer walks in and greets you, you're surprised by the fact you can talk a little bit and the lecturer doesn't mind. adminstration is stated and then it goes right into it. you have either your lecture pad or notes, you write down every single word he says. you listen like your life depends on it. before you know it, the lecture is over.

you then walk to your tutor. wow, familiar - just like high school, classroom of 30. tutor continues to pick out questions from the homework. he assumes you done it all - but you think, what homework? we didn't get told of any homework? then you realise, noone is here to tell you what to do. everything that is to be done, is acccesible, noone is holding your hand anymore. do it or not, they don't care - they still get paid. they're not worried about your marks, noone is - only you should be. your tutors don't care if you have done the homework, they just continue doing problems.

the tutorial finishes and you wait for another lecture. you run around, looking for the room. this lecturer is weird, quirky - but he seems pretty cool. you might like him, you might not - noone is forcing you to show up.

pretty much - do what you want whenever you want, noone gives a shit. you spend your breaks either fucin around or studying to prevent having to study tonight, or you just don't study at all. noone gives a shit. you got a shit mark? noone gives a fuck. noone is in competition with each other, you should all be helping each other. egos in uni is ridiculously stupid.

for engineering s[ecifically, you'll realise the workload expected is quite high, slacking off for even 3-4 days can leave you behind. the physics isn't what you know in the hsc, there is no content, it is all concepts and math. the mathematics is more formal - you can't assume stuff, you have to prove it.

the transition provides a different way of thinking, you see things that wern't there before. haha you might even get arrogant, as with my experience - we engineers make the world go round.

A quote to leave you all -
"Undergraduates think they know everything, Graduates know more than their manager/boss, but it is the PhD Graduates that know that they know nothing"

Something like that.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
um you make your timetable a few weeks beforehand. seeing as you're first yr, you get the first choice in this semester. you try to organisea timetable such thaty ou can meet all your friends. 5 days is normal, 4 days is a blessing. try for 4 days.

first day, you wake up a few minutes early, eat breakfast and attend all your lectures. you walk into a lecture hall and all these first years are there with you. the theatre is packed, you try to find a place for you and your friends. chances are, there wont' be enough seats. the lecturer walks in and greets you, you're surprised by the fact you can talk a little bit and the lecturer doesn't mind. adminstration is stated and then it goes right into it. you have either your lecture pad or notes, you write down every single word he says. you listen like your life depends on it. before you know it, the lecture is over.

you then walk to your tutor. wow, familiar - just like high school, classroom of 30. tutor continues to pick out questions from the homework. he assumes you done it all - but you think, what homework? we didn't get told of any homework? then you realise, noone is here to tell you what to do. everything that is to be done, is acccesible, noone is holding your hand anymore. do it or not, they don't care - they still get paid. they're not worried about your marks, noone is - only you should be. your tutors don't care if you have done the homework, they just continue doing problems.

the tutorial finishes and you wait for another lecture. you run around, looking for the room. this lecturer is weird, quirky - but he seems pretty cool. you might like him, you might not - noone is forcing you to show up.

pretty much - do what you want whenever you want, noone gives a shit. you spend your breaks either fucin around or studying to prevent having to study tonight, or you just don't study at all. noone gives a shit. you got a shit mark? noone gives a fuck. noone is in competition with each other, you should all be helping each other. egos in uni is ridiculously stupid.

for engineering s[ecifically, you'll realise the workload expected is quite high, slacking off for even 3-4 days can leave you behind. the physics isn't what you know in the hsc, there is no content, it is all concepts and math. the mathematics is more formal - you can't assume stuff, you have to prove it.

the transition provides a different way of thinking, you see things that wern't there before. haha you might even get arrogant, as with my experience - we engineers make the world go round.

"Undergraduates think they know everything, Graduates know more than their manager/boss, but it is the PhD Graduates that know that they know nothing"

Something like that.
good story.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Wake up. Public transport. Lectures and tutorials. Breaks. Friends. Pretending to do work. Hometime.

oly1991

HSC

Something like that.
:headbang: nice mate

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I don't get it...When do the hot chicks come in?
if you're doing engineering you sure as hell should hope thtat you have friends doing arts/law/commerce.

that's where the chicks are at.

although, there is indeed a few hot engineering chicks - but every other guy is probably going for her, so kinda hard.

note - uni doesn't mean you are in a place with smart people, there is still a large amount of fuckin idiots in uni.

school with less douches.

Tonthat

HSC
Talk to to corporate
Approve memos
Lead a workshop
Remember birthdays
Direct workflow
My own bathroom
Micromanage
Promote Synergy
Hit on Debra
Get rejected
Swallow sadness
Send some faxes

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Talk to to corporate
Approve memos
Lead a workshop
Remember birthdays
Direct workflow
My own bathroom
Micromanage
Promote Synergy
Hit on Debra
Get rejected
Swallow sadness
Send some faxes
like a boss ;)

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
Faggot.

No but seriously it would be refreshing to see more sluts in engineering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)