DDR and other dancing games (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Forbidden. said:
I'm not a biologist but playing on heavy subjects your legs to rapid retraction why play it dude?

btw i play DWI on my comp ... fingers booo ... looks liek arcade for now

EDIT: im jealous ... fuck i wish i got that shit on my comp + dance mat ...
i wish i got that computer. looks like a sweet setup

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
RocKetBoy said:
lol my only regret now is that my pc has devalued 75% in just 2yrs >.<
well hey! you can always give it to me!! =D

for free ;D

G

gmail92

RocKetBoy said:
can u teach me how to get as gud as u witout imploding maii legs? O.O
im currently still on heavy...
i plai in Sydney...

lol everyone plaii stepmania! gud for lazy people lyk me =)

heres maii ddr thingo that i practice @ home x33
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/joeymui/JOEYSXCPCD.jpg
what kind of songs can you play/do you usually play? 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 feet?

can you turn whilst dancing? like songs like exotic ethnic etc. (some people can dance these songs without turning though)

can you skip on ddr? (eg. forgot the name of the song,, but you know what i mean)

do you hold the bar? if so, one handed or two handed?

haha yehh, DDR is very tiring =/ ,, havent played much recently. i'm lazy xD

last time i went arcade i think i played mt3 :p

have you guys played DDR at cityy in Galaxy World (Sydney)? the crowds you get there are hugee... :O

Last edited by a moderator:

RocKetBoy

HSC
gmail92 said:
what kind of songs can you play/do you usually play? 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 feet?

can you turn whilst dancing? like songs like exotic ethnic etc. (some people can dance these songs without turning though)

can you skip on ddr? (eg. forgot the name of the song,, but you know what i mean)

do you hold the bar? if so, one handed or two handed?

haha yehh, DDR is very tiring =/ ,, havent played much recently. i'm lazy xD

last time i went arcade i think i played mt3 :p

have you guys played DDR at cityy in Galaxy World (Sydney)? the crowds you get there are hugee... :O

I can do all 8 footer songs, most 9 footers and lyk 3 10 footer songs.
oh do u mean turning as in crossovers? yea, when one leg overlaps another to reach arrow in opposite direction, hard to explain lol. yea took me 4eva to learn dat.
yeah skipping is fun on the song called cow girl^^ and putting hand movements is fun buh..makes look gay lol.
i hold the bar one handed cos i only needed it for balance, if u hold two-handed u lose a lot of maneuvrability.

yes i play at Galaxy World Sydney, theres one on george st, and one in Market City (near china town) i play at the one in market city lyk once a month. On weekends u can get crowds up to 30people if ur gud!!! and on public holidayz...maybe 100 lol xD

Maii fave song is Sakura (Heavy difficulty).

u?

G

gmail92

thats not bad :p practise more,, experiment with some onii stages =]

have you tried sakura on challenge? or what about bag? xD

i usually play 8/9 feet and dabbling around with 10 feet

yupp,, true. but people usually start off holding the bar with two hands, and then let go as the songs get harder. if they can be bother to learn more.

yehh, last time i played was at Galaxy World at Market City during the WYD week xD so yehh, quite a big crowd :p

heyy, what about max300? xD

RocKetBoy

HSC
gmail92 said:
thats not bad :p practise more,, experiment with some onii stages =]

have you tried sakura on challenge? or what about bag? xD

i usually play 8/9 feet and dabbling around with 10 feet

yupp,, true. but people usually start off holding the bar with two hands, and then let go as the songs get harder. if they can be bother to learn more.

yehh, last time i played was at Galaxy World at Market City during the WYD week xD so yehh, quite a big crowd :p

heyy, what about max300? xD
nah, haven't tried Sakura on challenge, heavy is hard enuf for me already lol. get lyk a C.
oOOOo nice, I wanted to go in samee week and showw off^^ haha i luff da crowdz.
can't do max300 heavy yet...someday..lol..someday...u?

eungus

HSC
Sakura on Challenge (9feet) is easier than Sakura on Heavy, you are probably better than me at DDR now. :)

btw. It's Emma.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Hm..mats are connected to the console via same connection as controllers right?
Just wondering what playing a first person shooter with a mat will be like...
Imagine that, ps2, Black, omg! Or... God of War!!! LOL!

Mongoosedog

HSC
i really like DDR. i'm 25 and my mum doesnt let me go to dance clubs or parties so this is the closest thing i get. i drink heaps of coke-a-cola and see how long i can dance for without falling over

Aznmichael92

HSC
right now i am playing dance online which is a computer game you can dl. Quite funny actually. IF you have a dance pad you can use it or go with the majority and use keyboard

Gvsim

HSC
I dont get the point of these games..
instead of wasting time on that why dont ppl l2dance irl.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: DDR and other dancing games

holy shit they removed ddr from george street galaxy world.
the ddr machine at unsw has been out of order.
ive even got gundam seed omni vs zaft portable on psp another reason why i dont need to go there.

Gvsim said:
I dont get the point of these games..
instead of wasting time on that why dont ppl l2dance irl.
RL dancing uses a different set of skills to DDR.
Simulation games are quite popular among the asian community.

Furbob

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: DDR and other dancing games

I can dee-dee-are on 6~8 feet (standard mode) or do easy-ish heavy songs
I also taiko no tatsujin on musukashii (difficult) mode

Both games make my arms/legs burn from lactic acid :(

mitch179

HSC
I love DDR. That probably has something to do with the fact that I love most things to do with Japanese pop-culture.

I have been using StepMania for about a year and a half or so now and finally decided to buy a mat mid last year. It was fairly cheap, but it's a crappy mat, because if I get to a move that involves a double step (i.e, a left and right at the same time) it doesn't register, so I automatically lose points on that, which is very annoying.

I really suck when it comes to playing on the mat, but I'm alright using my keyboard. I sometimes go to Timezone and play the official DDR with my mates, and I am a lot better there. I just wish I had the room to house one of those machines at my place, so I could play it here without looking like a complete newb infront of people. Especially since there are always a lot of asians there who are really really good, and they just stand there watching you look like an "A-HO" :p

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: DDR and other dancing games

mitch179 said:
I love DDR. That probably has something to do with the fact that I love most things to do with Japanese pop-culture.

I have been using StepMania for about a year and a half or so now and finally decided to buy a mat mid last year. It was fairly cheap, but it's a crappy mat, because if I get to a move that involves a double step (i.e, a left and right at the same time) it doesn't register, so I automatically lose points on that, which is very annoying.

I really suck when it comes to playing on the mat, but I'm alright using my keyboard. I sometimes go to Timezone and play the official DDR with my mates, and I am a lot better there. I just wish I had the room to house one of those machines at my place, so I could play it here without looking like a complete newb infront of people. Especially since there are always a lot of asians there who are really really good, and they just stand there watching you look like an "A-HO" :p
Because your muscles in your legs require time to retract and the rate also influences lactic acid as a previous poster mentioned.
Fingers are easy.
Play DJMax Portable 2 on PSP.

x.Exhaust.x said:
Dissipation of heat energy via friction between the socks and carpet.
No I don't like that, DDR is better.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC

haven't properly played DDR since year 12... want to get back into it but i'm fat and shit now so i doubt i can play like i used to

where do people play now? market city? timezone? where are there less high school kids (i'm guessing TZ would have less)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

haven't properly played DDR since year 12... want to get back into it but i'm fat and shit now so i doubt i can play like i used to

where do people play now? market city? timezone? where are there less high school kids (i'm guessing TZ would have less)
I haven't played properly since uni...but trust me, its like riding a bike, you never totally forget how to play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)