Deactivating facebook for the hsc. (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely will find other ways to procreastinate.

I think a good in between is using like StayFocused, to get you to kick the habit of checking it all the time. That way you spend an allocated time on it a day or block it during certain hours etc.

harrietty

HSC
I'm not going to deactivate it, because that would be almost near impossible for me. Instead I'm just going to put it away - 'out of sight, out of mind' as they say..
Same with this website. I find myself on here a lot more than I should be...

I don't know the truth behind this, but my teacher was saying that in one of the past HSC's they surveyed the top 100 people in the state or something, and found that the majority of them had given up facebook

MiPh

HSC
Lol. I stopped playing games as my form of distraction (now I dislike gaming altogether) and started basketball, cycling, running... etc. But facebook sucks now. So I signed up for twitter, instagram... Oh and have you checked out The Verge? Best tech website. Never get any work done again. Lol i'm bad at this.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
For the record, you're NOT expected to cut off all social interactions this year. In fact, DON'T suck all the life out of yourself in the name of studying.

Personally, I would use these distractions positively. I would stay away from my computer when I would get home and use facebook in the night as a reward for a good day.

You really work better when you feel content and satisfied. Otherwise, this craving to be on facebook is going to bug you and results in no facebook AND no studying.

This does depend on the kind of person you are though.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
For the record, you're NOT expected to cut off all social interactions this year. In fact, DON'T suck all the life out of yourself in the name of studying.

Personally, I would use these distractions positively. I would stay away from my computer when I would get home and use facebook in the night as a reward for a good day.

You really work better when you feel content and satisfied. Otherwise, this craving to be on facebook is going to bug you and results in no facebook AND no studying.

This

It's alright to have a break every so often, hell it often means that when you get back to studying you're more refreshed and can concentrate better.

Instead of cutting down on the good things in life it's best to just learn some self control

enoilgam

HSC

I agree with this. Personally, I think the main mistake people make with procrastination is that they try to fight it, when they should be trying to manage it. Allocating time to "procrastinate" or do other things is important as it helps you maintain balance. This balance makes study far more effective. So for me, I actually think procrastination was an important part of my study routine.

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
Facebook is actually a good way to share knows and revise content. Deactivating it is a stupid idea. It's better to plan your time and STICK TO IT. Put breaks in between so you can go on facebook and relax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)