Deactivating Facebook? (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
Simple question really.

Is it good to deactivate facebook or will it make no difference?

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
you'll probably procrastinate somewhere else when you do deactivate, hah

just stay away from the computer until you actually need it

patryzz

HSC
you just gotta have the discipline to concentrate on work when you need to,

if you cant do this then yeh deactivate its only for a few months

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
For me, it made no difference. I reactivated it so many times that my FB being deactivated was kinda pointless!

I think small amounts of Facebook is good lol, but really theres so much more to be doing in your free time! Do an hour of cardio, watch a TV show etc. But yes, Facebook can be addictive.

Anyway, with Facebook (in reasonable amounts), I managed an ATAR to get into Sydney Law so I guess FB isn't too bad lol

HSC
Uni Grad
As for me it did make a bit of a difference as i could get more work done, especially during the HSC period. However, I did procrastinate a lot on BoS though.

jnney

lemon
HSC
if you are asking this question, then yes.

Examine

same
HSC
Stop going on Facebook for more than 15 mins each day. PROBLEM SOLVED.

epicFAILx

HSC
It depends on the person. Most of my friends don't easily become distracted by facebook.. but I tend to
+ i found that, this video also explains why i dont like facebook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZzP_69ZTFk

so i deactivated it until after the HSC.
Because I reckon, if you want something done.. its best putting all effort in and not 1/2

:D

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I actually had FB when I was in year 7 and I found it quite difficult to navigate through profiles and chatting with people which led to me permanently quitting FB because I never really got the idea of how to use it.

Anyways, I know many people who use FB and you should not take extreme measures such as deleting your account but I would ask you to try and minimise the amount of time gradually that you spend on FB. For example, you spend 3 hours now, and tomorrow, you'll spend 2 hours 45. The day after, you spend 2 hours 30 and so forth till you can manage yourself timewise. Good luck!

bladeys

HSC
N/A
For me, it made no difference. I reactivated it so many times that my FB being deactivated was kinda pointless!

I think small amounts of Facebook is good lol, but really theres so much more to be doing in your free time! Do an hour of cardio, watch a TV show etc. But yes, Facebook can be addictive.

Anyway, with Facebook (in reasonable amounts), I managed an ATAR to get into Sydney Law so I guess FB isn't too bad lol
How did you get into sydney law with 99.15 atar?

Coookies

HSC
I was a fb addict, I just sat there refreshing every few minutes + I kept getting the urge to go on it when studying.
I deleted it at the start of this term, I must say, Im getting a lot more work done!
However, I am a person that can kick addictions(especially internet) quite easily.

jackl25

HSC
I deactivated my Facebook in June of my HSC year. I was amazed at how much more productive my nights were - and how little you actually do on the site when you are using it. Trust me, YOU DO HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO RESIST THE TEMPTATION, if the HSC means anything to you.
I kept until November, before I started using it again - not my own account, and I got sucked back into it. I told my friend to change her password, and I got back into the study.

I did keep my Twitter account open though throughout. I highly recommend deactivating as many accounts as possible

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
IMO, you can keep it but you just have to control it. It's like food, you eat too much and you get fat; does that mean you stop eating food? What I suggest doing is setting you're privacy settings to no one can post on you're wall because that's where the crap begins. You start having a conversation with who knows, how many people then you're off track etc... You just got to have the mindset to "update yourself" every few hours not every two seconds. Just remember that when your not studying, someone else in the state is and in the end that's who your up against.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
self control is everything, if you have it, there's no need to deactivate

if you don't, you'll end up reactivating it anyway

Aysce

HSC
Just install an add-on and get your parents to set a password that will block you from selected websites. Alternatively, delete fb or get a friend to change your password.

Coookies

HSC
Just install an add-on and get your parents to set a password that will block you from selected websites. Alternatively, delete fb or get a friend to change your password.
And email

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Make a group for each class you have.
2. Invite everyone in your class.
3. Share notes.
4. Profit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)