Dealing with death (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
So my friends brother just died. I didn't know the guy at all, hes been out of home since before i met my friend so i am not really bothered by his death but obviously my friend is.

Whats the best way to deal with him? should i just rock up and be like hey! wanna talk? should i go to the funeral? remember i didnt know the brother and i feel it might be disrespectful to go to someones funeral you didnt know, but at the same time its my mate and he might need my support

I think i will just try my best to be there for him....also he is pretty churchy and has this whole crowd of church friends i am not too keen on and they will provide the whole "god" support i guess.

HSC
I had a similar thing happen this year... A friend's older bro died and I didn't know him personally but my sister was tight with him. I went to the funeral and my friend seemed to appreciate it. I was so freaking hard though, hearing him talk about his brother. The guy who died, his twin brother spoke as well. Omg, seriously, its hard.. but its a good thing to do.. And don't worry about his "churchy" friends, he needs to know he has shoulders to lean on from both sides. You don't have to be like "wanna talk?!" just be like, "hey man, I'm here for you. Whatever you need." He may take some time to open up to friends about it...

Anyway, condolences. Hope things go well :)

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Well I know when my friends dad died last year, all he wanted to do was get out of the house.

So maybe just doing something that DOESN'T remind him of his bro is the best thing. Because you're a part of his life that isn't related to his brother, then playing that part might help. If he wants to talk about it, do so... but otherwise, just be his mate and help him forget that. If his brother was a Christian and he is, then he's probably not going to be too upset for too long, so yea.

HSC
Teclis said:
Well I know when my friends dad died last year, all he wanted to do was get out of the house.

So maybe just doing something that DOESN'T remind him of his bro is the best thing. Because you're a part of his life that isn't related to his brother, then playing that part might help. If he wants to talk about it, do so... but otherwise, just be his mate and help him forget that. If his brother was a Christian and he is, then he's probably not going to be too upset for too long, so yea.
yeah, my friend liked coming to school and stuff like a day later and he said its nice just to get out and give his parents some time and stuff.

Got his mind off it.

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
go to the funeral. your friend will appreciate it.

i saw lots of people who i didn't know at my mum's funeral, and it just felt nice knowing that all those people were prepared to pay respect to my mum even though they hadn't known her very well.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Yeah. Deffinitely go to the funeral.

I had my best friend who I knew from primary school pass away on 30th August. He was like a brother to me. Talking with other people helped though. Good advice would for them to celebrate his life and remember all the good times with him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)