Dear god, put your phones on silent. (1 Viewer)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Seriously. It's fucking rude and disruptive having people's dumbass ringtones go off during lectures and tutes. Every lecture and tute Ive gone to this week, at least twice someone's phone has gone off. You don't have to turn off your phone completely- just put it on silent. Have some respect for those around you who bothered to turn their phones to silent and want to learn. Have some respect for your lecturer or tutor. Just put your damn phones on silent- it's not hard!

-end rant-

stazi

Nightman
HSC
did it really inconvenience you that much having to listen to a ringtone for 10 seconds? you've never forgotten that your phone was off silent? my phone went off in the study centre recently. i know it's not that big a deal, but I really could have sworn i silenced it in the morning. we all make mistakes.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
stazi said:
did it really inconvenience you that much having to listen to a ringtone for 10 seconds? you've never forgotten that your phone was off silent? my phone went off in the study centre recently. i know it's not that big a deal, but I really could have sworn i silenced it in the morning. we all make mistakes.
Have you considered the fact that the world is out to get her?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
No better way to change this awful situation than by bitching bout it on the net.

Skeeta

HSC
We got that in first year, but not so much anymore - since one of our lecturers started answering our phones if they rang.

I dislike mobile phones. Yesterday I was in the bookshop and the registers were fucking up. A girl behind me (in a HUGE LINE) was on her phone. The clerk told her that mobile phones was one of the things that interfered with the registers.. and the girl said 'oh okay' and then CONTINUED to talk on it for a good few minutes. Like, WTF?

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
One week in i've realised ringing phones wake my up from my sleep in lectures :( (dont really care though)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Generally my lecturers just keep talking like nothing's happening, since ring tones aren't that loud.

It's worse when people stand right outside the lecture theatre talking loudly, and everyone inside can hear them. Or when people talk during the lecture. Or those people who arrive 20 minutes before the lecture is about to end. Whhhyyy?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
*changes ringtone to uncle fuka*
*changes profile to loud*

>_>
<_<

Shaking Paper

HSC
Just talking in lectures is much worse.
I don't understand why these groups go into lectures if they're just going to talk the whole time.
And we can hear you when you whisper, even if you're in the back.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
It didn't "inconvenience" me to a great extent, but it did annoy me and disrupt my train of thought while writing. I don't think the problem is with me, but with the people who don't respect the lecturer and other students enough to check their phone. Of course the odd person forgetting is fine, but with at least 2 phones going off in each lecture and tute I've been to, I'm thinking this isn't the case. And no, I've never had my phone go off in class, in a movie theatre, or anywhere else where it would be inappropriate.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
lol people trying to establish hierarchy on a web forum.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Skeeta said:
Yesterday I was in the bookshop and the registers were fucking up. A girl behind me (in a HUGE LINE) was on her phone. The clerk told her that mobile phones was one of the things that interfered with the registers.. and the girl said 'oh okay' and then CONTINUED to talk on it for a good few minutes. Like, WTF?
I wouldn't hang up the phone either. It's not my fault that someone bought some cheap registers.

nwatts

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I wouldn't hang up the phone either. It's not my fault that someone bought some cheap registers.
you're fucking retarded. she was waiting in the queue to be served as well. cheap registers or not you're biding your own time shithead.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
dagwoman said:
Seriously. It's fucking rude and disruptive having people's dumbass ringtones go off during lectures and tutes. Every lecture and tute Ive gone to this week, at least twice someone's phone has gone off. You don't have to turn off your phone completely- just put it on silent. Have some respect for those around you who bothered to turn their phones to silent and want to learn. Have some respect for your lecturer or tutor. Just put your damn phones on silent- it's not hard!

-end rant-

how bout you turn your face off.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
lolz.

dagwoman said:
lol people trying to establish hierarchy on a web forum.
don't say they didn't warn you.

ujuphleg said:
Welcome to the General University of Sydney forum. For all you old hands - welcome back. For the new people, welcome to our forum, please, make yourself at home, don't be afraid to ask questions, try not to take some of the older members too seriously. They can be a little silly sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)