Dear god, put your phones on silent. (1 Viewer)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Not seeing the reasoning behind sending snide comments my way for this post. If you don't agree with it, say why. Don't act like a 4 year old by slinging insults.

thenothing

no member
HSC
Whoa, sure can feel the love in here!

I agree though, seems every lecture two or three phones go off. That many people surely can't be making 'mistakes'. If three go off, I'm guessing more are turned on and the phones just aren't ringing. It's not like the lecturers don't remind people either.

J

jhakka

I agree with the thread starter. Phones going off in lectures is annoying as hell.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
all my lecturers give us a warning before starting that if anyone's phones go off or if anyone is caught talking, they will get kicked out (and they would refuse to continue the lecture until that person has left).

i think all lecturers should grow some balls and be firm. seems to work well :)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Failing that, do what Dr Zadro does and make people stand up in front of the lecture and sing a bit of MC Hammer if their phones go off. Only happened once in all of her lectures last year. Proof that nothing works quite as well as threats of public embarassment.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Meh.

It happens, and it's not like it's intentional. Plus it's like what, the 2nd or 3rd week? Getting accustomed to turning your phone onto silent for the first time in like four months.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I leave mine on loud on purpose so everyone can hear my groovy tune.

iwannarock

HSC
Skeeta said:
We got that in first year, but not so much anymore - since one of our lecturers started answering our phones if they rang.

I dislike mobile phones. Yesterday I was in the bookshop and the registers were fucking up. A girl behind me (in a HUGE LINE) was on her phone. The clerk told her that mobile phones was one of the things that interfered with the registers.. and the girl said 'oh okay' and then CONTINUED to talk on it for a good few minutes. Like, WTF?
it could have been a really important phone call.

did you ever think of that?

huh?

maybe her parents were dying.

:santa:

iwannarock

HSC
ElGronko said:
I leave mine on loud on purpose so everyone can hear my groovy tune.
i used to have the beverly hills cop theme.

sometimes i wouldnt answer phone calls just so it gets to the cool part.

you know the part.

and then i'd stick the phone in my mouth and do the talkbox thing like peter frampton.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
If someone's phone rings, people usually check their own phone so they're not the second idiot caught out.
If one idiot gets a phone call, and you don't at least check your phone, you're just as bad.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
tamaranadine said:
man, you guys are lame.
Why do you care if a few phones ring? it's not a big deal.

and what's with the whole omg your only 1st years. In case you hadn't noticed, as soon as you start work you will be the idiots at the back of the line again.

lolhighschool

tlodg

HSC
N/A
I only get pissed off when the ringtones suck.

"neeehaaaawahahaha pick me up, pick me up! geeeeeeez ting! dingdongdingdong" wtf?

Wow, everyone's watching you, cool man!....(13 seconds later)......... offf. "satisfied smile" (some people have a really hard time finding their ringing phones, I wonder if this is contagious)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
tamaranadine said:
man, you guys are lame.
Why do you care if a few phones ring? it's not a big deal.

and what's with the whole omg your only 1st years. In case you hadn't noticed, as soon as you start work you will be the idiots at the back of the line again.

rage against that machine charlie.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
haha i've been at uni for 3 years now and phones normally go off in all my lectures. People are used to them and don't care anymore. Chill mate, it happens. You are only a first year anyway, shouldn't you be out boozing and partying all the time instead of attending regular classes? Just ensure you start working ur butt off in 2nd year ;)

stephenchow

HSC
If you sit next to a speaker in a lecture and your phone goes off but its on silent, the speaker makes a buzzing noise. Thats what happened in my economics lecture on mondee.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
get the fuck over it
it happens, so deal with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)