Dear god, put your phones on silent. (1 Viewer)

HSC
yeah it happens in my uni tooo...

oh well ... yeah.. keeps u more awake i guess...

me

i just put it on vibrate..... but in the end, normally misses it... casue its in my bag.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
SmokedSalmon said:
haha i've been at uni for 3 years now and phones normally go off in all my lectures. People are used to them and don't care anymore. Chill mate, it happens. You are only a first year anyway, shouldn't you be out boozing and partying all the time instead of attending regular classes? Just ensure you start working ur butt off in 2nd year ;)
Nah, she's an arts student.

She doesn't have to start at all.

gracie007

HSC
well personally i find it waaay more annoying when ppl talk continuously throughout a lecture. its your choice to be at uni, your choice to be in that class...why talk? i dont really get it. its hard to completely shut out a conversation thats happening right behind you. and then when u tell someone to shutup, they reckon ur a bitch. you cant win.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
dagwoman said:
Seriously. It's fucking rude and disruptive having people's dumbass ringtones go off during lectures and tutes. Every lecture and tute Ive gone to this week, at least twice someone's phone has gone off. You don't have to turn off your phone completely- just put it on silent. Have some respect for those around you who bothered to turn their phones to silent and want to learn. Have some respect for your lecturer or tutor. Just put your damn phones on silent- it's not hard!

-end rant-
Course: B Arts/B Social Work
riiiiiite.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Judging others for their choice of degree is simply arrogant and condescending. If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to a thread, don't bother posting.

Last edited:

Laura Tassone

HSC
Hey dag woman, i don't really think ur post was appropriate, i know its annoying when phones go off, its happened to me during exams before, but there is no need for you to put that blame on God! He has nothing to do with that!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Laura Tassone said:
Hey dag woman, i don't really think ur post was appropriate, i know its annoying when phones go off, its happened to me during exams before, but there is no need for you to put that blame on God! He has nothing to do with that!

God is the reason for everything you fool.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
God told me to make the post.

Assuming you're serious, which I doubt (but it's good to cover all bases), I didn't blame "god" for anything.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Laura Tassone said:
bahhahahaaHAHAaa..!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
poking fun at someone, seriously, due to a pretty admirable degree choice is a little low. i mean...yeah.

tezza6189

professional time waster
HSC
lol people in my lectures tend to have the stupidest ringtones, so usually they'll get laughed at if their phones went off. I mean, when your phone rings and won't stop until you take it out of your bag and silence it - everybody stares and laughs at you like you're some sort of retard, that's pretty embarassing already and I reckon that's enough *punishment* for the offender. Why waste your energy by getting annoyed about it?

neafoo

HSC
hehe i was in fischer on thursday in one of those no talk zones, and someones phone went off and everybody laughed at the ringtone.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
neafoo said:
hehe i was in fischer on thursday in one of those no talk zones, and someones phone went off and everybody laughed at the ringtone.
...... good story.

after a year of uni, shouldn't you know how to spell fisher library?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
dagwoman said:
Judging others for their choice of degree is simply arrogant and condescending. If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to a thread, don't bother posting.
Get yr worked up over nothing on.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
stazi said:
...... good story.

Maybe she just really likes the former parliamentary leader of the National party.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Ficher library smells identical to the unsw library. what's the deal with that?

edit: palindromic post count!

charred remains

HSC
We have the best physics lecturer. Some guys phone went off the other day and the old guy just started dancing to it. He's so cool :)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I wish I had cool lecturers like that. I mean, some are cool, all are competent and all are occasionally funny. The closest I get to that level of comedy is a maths lecturer who scratches his head and gets puzzled over simple arithmetic, and another maths lecturer who launches into absurd tangents at the most absurd of things.

neafoo

HSC
stazi said:
...... good story.

I've been there for two weeks. ;(
and it's called a typo, it reflects typing ability, not spelling ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)