Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

Brynx

HSC
N/A
Metalcore/hardcore has its place. But it gets a bit repetitive after a while. In my opinion anyway

My favs are:

Machine head
Dark Tranquility
Draconian
Immortal
Bolt Thrower
Killswitch Engage
Mnemic
DevilDriver
As i Lay Dying
In Flames
Dimmu Borgir
Cellenish Circle

Vancen

HSC
HoCo8 said:
yeah bring me the horizon are terrible.... prom queen is definately not death metal.... but they stepped it up on their last album with ed butcher as vocalist and he has roots in death metal bands (hunt for ida wave) and he brought some good growls and 'pig squeals' and the stuff to 'metalcore' but yeah prob won't like it going on your last post...
Prom queen never had no piggy sqeeeelzzzzz.

Brynx

HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
Can someone tell me the appeal of death metal music ?

Never really understood it.

The same reason someone would listen to any other genre of music. It sounds good.

I would recommend Dark Tranquility's new album fiction to any metal fan. Its amazing

Mumma

HSC
Dark Tranquility is good melo-death. One-up on Insomnium, top quality stuff - I hear they're releasing something soon. Death is good, but I only have Human. Quo Vadis and Amon Amarth are great too. And people, PLEASE check out Gojira!

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Exphate said:
I'm sick of people turning death metal threads into a metalcore/hardcore thread. We have those threads already :(
Yeah i agree.
Anyone know bands that have awesomly fast and technical drumming, like nile and behemoth?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Brynx said:
The same reason someone would listen to any other genre of music. It sounds good.
But that's what i mean. For example, i don't really like classical, country or rap/hip hop, but i can definately see the appeal of said genres. But with death metal to me it hardly sounds like music.

IM guessing its all just subjectivity and interpretation. But i could understand if the reason was like 'express anger' 'cut my self to' etc.

Anyways i've already answered my own question.

HoCo8

HSC
Vancen said:
Prom queen never had no piggy sqeeeelzzzzz.

butcher puts out a few on music for the recently deceased...

but prom queen with crafter never did no

Vancen said:
Listen to the rivalry.

agreed

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Well considering this is a thread regarding death metal (and black metal, from about 4 posts ago) if u dont like this music then dont comment! I dont listen to jazz or reggae, so if a jazz thread come out, i wont answer to it. Simple as that. We like this kinda music, then so be it. No one's gonna do anything about it. You dont see the appeal in this music, blakegman? I dont see the appeal in jazz, or dance, but that doesnt mean i go on about it. I simply ignore, as it doesnt apply to me.
Since this genre doesnt apply to you, i suggest you ignore this thread. Everyone's got a different opinion about everything, i just dont like it when people openly express opinions that lead to convincing that a certain thing is 'not good', i mean..freedom of speech is cool, but not when it reaches the 'that thing sux dont do it' level, and considering the nature of dm and bm, it'll probably reach this level if this continues and more non-dm listeners decide to post.
The whole point of this thread is because i wanted to expand my dm and bm music library, since im kinda new to this type of music, ever since i first heard it, i loved it. You dont like it? Dont talk to us about how bad it is! (probably where it was leading to)
Nothing personal, not being angry lol, just if u dont like then dont discuss.

HSC
Omie Jay said:
Yeah i agree.
Anyone know bands that have awesomly fast and technical drumming, like nile and behemoth?
Cryptopsy, Origin, as I've said before.

You can always get into grindcore if you like blast beats, and a lot of them.

Mumma

HSC
No one 'cuts themselves' to metal. We aren't bloody emos.

For the dude that wanted drumming -> Yanic Bercier from Quo Vadis ... youtube him.

Vancen

HSC
Mumma said:
No one 'cuts themselves' to metal. We aren't bloody emos.

For the dude that wanted drumming -> Yanic Bercier from Quo Vadis ... youtube him.
pretty sure suicidal black metal is all about that sort of thing, tons of french bands do it.

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
Death Metal you need:

Akercocke - Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone
Anata - The Conductor's Departure
Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Behemoth - Zos Kia Cultus + Demigod
Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage
Cynic - Focus
Demilich - Nespithe
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris (one of the best tech death albums ever, high priority)
Necrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines + Annihilation of the Wicked
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

Black Metal you need:

Absu - Tara
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora + Blood in Our Wells
Lurker of Chalice - Lurker of Chalice
Melechesh - Emissaries
Nachtmystium - Instinct: Decay
Ulver - Bergtatt + Nattens Madrigal (be careful of this one)
Weakling - Dead as Dreams (best USBM album ever?)
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars (second best USBM album ever?)

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Grrrrrrrr i cant find any working behemoth zos kia cultus torrent, ive got this '2007 reissue', but no seeds at all!!!! Ever!!!!
Can someone link me to a torrent of zos kia cultus with active seeds plz!!????

neafoo

HSC
edit: lolz i just realised this is the death metal thread, not normal metal.

My only input is that Death are the best deathmetal band.

Last edited:

thanhrox

HSC
HoCo8 said:
yeah bring me the horizon are terrible.... prom queen is definately not death metal.... but they stepped it up on their last album with ed butcher as vocalist and he has roots in death metal bands (hunt for ida wave) and he brought some good growls and 'pig squeals' and the stuff to 'metalcore' but yeah prob won't like it going on your last post...
bmth's my favourite. they're not so bad. crafter in iktpq was nothing compared to butcher. isnt iktpq hardcore?

i recommended Annotations of An Autopsy - i think they're grindcore/deathcore/metalcore?

one of them. LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)