Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

Charizard

HSC
Can anyone justify how 'pig squels' can be deemed an attractive quality to a song ?

Charizard

HSC
My sentiments exactly.

Though i would probably go as far to say all.

Azam

HSC
yeeee i totally agree with 'dawed...cant believe u guys havent heard it yet. its a must download for any death metal fan.

Charizard

HSC
I'm not a death metal fan. As soon as someone starts singing in that ridiculous voice death metal singers use then the song is devoid of any worth.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
BMTH suck.
^ to the person that said they were your favourite.

Not to mention they are not death metal.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
BMTH suck eh? If you're referring to behemoth then i would have to completely and totally DISAGREE. And theyre black/death metal fusion, which is interesting i must admit, but i love em. And as for Rhanoct and Charizard, why are u 2 posting on this thread if u dont like death metal?!?!?!? Plz try to ignore this thread if u dont like it, the rest of us DO like it, which is why we discuss it, to me it doesnt make any sense at all when people come into this thread and say 'death metal sucks.' You dont like it? Dont listen to it and dont talk about it then.

Charizard

HSC
Omie Jay said:
BMTH suck eh? If you're referring to behemoth then i would have to completely and totally DISAGREE. And theyre black/death metal fusion, which is interesting i must admit, but i love em. And as for Rhanoct and Charizard, why are u 2 posting on this thread if u dont like death metal?!?!?!? Plz try to ignore this thread if u dont like it, the rest of us DO like it, which is why we discuss it, to me it doesnt make any sense at all when people come into this thread and say 'death metal sucks.' You dont like it? Dont listen to it and dont talk about it then.
If you liked raping women, would you expect to be free from ridicule and opposiong opinions?

Just because you like something doesn't make it good. The thread is about death metal, not positives only about death metal.

I'm just struggling to grasp how this music can be of worth to anyone.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I guess i should have named this thread according to my intentions, which is to find out what good death metal bands are out there, since im sort of new to the genre.
And as for whether its music or not, that sort of depends on if u can listen to the music in the background and try to ignore the growling. To me, Origin has extremely fast and complex drumming, but the songs dont sound like music at all (at least in my opinion). Amon Amarth's With Oden On Our Side is quite musical, and so is Nile and Behemoth. I personally listen to it because i love the music, also i reckon the growling sounds pretty cool (maybe thats just me), but i'd equally like it if there were tracks with no lyrics or vocals at all. So for me its about the music and the growling which i think sounds cool. Others are entitled to their own opinions..

Mumma

HSC
Pig squeals? What were you listening to, Cock and Ball Torture (look them up)? I don't enjoy pig squeals but I don't waste my time wondering why other people would. I personally think its silly. You make it out to be some sort of crime.

Do I enjoy growling/low vocals? Yes - it defiantly adds to the aggressiveness of the music. Being in a pit moshing to this stuff is awesome.

If you liked raping women, would you expect to be free from ridicule and opposing opinions?
Nice analogy by the way :confused:

Charizard

HSC
Mumma said:
Pig squeals? What were you listening to, Cock and Ball Torture (look them up)? I don't enjoy pig squeals but I don't waste my time wondering why other people would. I personally think its silly. You make it out to be some sort of crime.

Do I enjoy growling/low vocals? Yes - it defiantly adds to the aggressiveness of the music. Being in a pit moshing to this stuff is awesome.

Nice analogy by the way :confused:
The point was, i think there could be a case that death metal is objectively bad music in some cases. Where other types of music could probably only be viewed as subjectively bad.

I mean at what point does something become music, is me grunting while i tap my feet and clap my hands music ?

Mumma

HSC
Charizard said:
The point was, i think there could be a case that death metal is objectively bad music in some cases. Where other types of music could probably only be viewed as subjectively bad.

I mean at what point does something become music, is me grunting while i tap my feet and clap my hands music ?
Wow so now this is a pseudo-philosophical discussion on what music is? Pure white noise could be music to someones ears - who are you to decide?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Charizard said:

Erm..ok Charizard..listen to Under the Northern Star, by Amon Amarth, on the album With Oden on our Side, and tell me thats not music. In my opinion, thats quite a beautiful song, yet is still death metal, with awesomely (my opinion too) brutal vocals.

How can u say that death metal is bad music in some cases?
Give me an example of a couple or so cases please.

Charizard

HSC
Omie Jay said:
Erm..ok Charizard..listen to Under the Northern Star, by Amon Amarth, on the album With Oden on our Side, and tell me thats not music. In my opinion, thats quite a beautiful song, yet is still death metal, with awesomely (my opinion too) brutal vocals.

How can u say that death metal is bad music in some cases?
Give me an example of a couple or so cases please.
I could give numerous reasons but they all are subjective.

What characteristics does death metal possess that other genres dont already do better ?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Hmm..well theyre more angry, with suiting angry vocals, i guess they express their anger better with growls rather than yells, i dunno, i just like the sound. Its more heavier music, some are really fast paced, while some are slow, even tho they still contain brutal sounding vocals, like that song, Under the Northern Star, is a slow sad song about the end of a war, u got cargo full of gold, but many friends died on their way, and i would gladly take their place, ... (some lyrics). For that song, if u took away the vocals u'd never know that song came from a death metal band.

I guess its the vocals and the fast-paced-ness, the way they express theirselves, i dont really know any more, apart from the fact that i like it. I'm sure people are not being forced to listen to it, so non death metal fans are more than welcome to listen to other stuff and not whinge about how people could listen to such horrible noises they call music.

EDIT: I actually got no idea how to prove that death metal is not 'bad' music, that just depends on the persons interests. I find that i can thoroughly appreciate some death metal songs in ways i doubt many others couldn't.

Last edited:

Charizard

HSC
Omie Jay said:
Hmm..well theyre more angry, with suiting angry vocals, i guess they express their anger better with growls rather than yells, i dunno, i just like the sound. Its more heavier music, some are really fast paced, while some are slow, even tho they still contain brutal sounding vocals, like that song, Under the Northern Star, is a slow sad song about the end of a war, u got cargo full of gold, but many friends died on their way, and i would gladly take their place, ... (some lyrics). For that song, if u took away the vocals u'd never know that song came from a death metal band.

I guess its the vocals and the fast-paced-ness, the way they express theirselves, i dont really know any more, apart from the fact that i like it. I'm sure people are not being forced to listen to it, so non death metal fans are more than welcome to listen to other stuff and not whinge about how people could listen to such horrible noises they call music.

EDIT: I actually got no idea how to prove that death metal is not 'bad' music, that just depends on the persons interests. I find that i can thoroughly appreciate some death metal songs in ways i doubt many others couldn't.
Fair enough. You have relatively intelligenty explained your point.

I can see we will never agree, but at least you didn't go down the "opinions can't be wrong doode" road.

Though i don't think this music has much longevity, most people tend to mature and change interests.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Maturing eh? Ive just being getting into it in the past year lol!
EDIT: that doesnt mean i dont like anything else, i like Nightwish, 50cent, Snoop dogg, Paramore, some Avril Lavinge, some Lindsay Lohan, Kelly Roland, Beyonce, Destinys Child, and a whole heap more, i mean, for my ipod i'd give em 5 stars, but i like behemoth, nile, amon amarth and others too, just much much more than the 'normal' songs i listen to, so i tend not to listen to normal songs anymore. Or maybe im just such a strange person..i enjoy playing pokemon, now what kind of death metal listening freak plays pokemon! :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)