Death Metal!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Teclis and Omie have a lot in common, perhaps they should have sex.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i dont like opeth :(
i have a couple of albums and i found it incredibly boring.

no loss, insomnium's amazing, as are the other bands i listen to :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
bloodbath yes, got all albums (akerfeldt is pretty monstrous hey), bodom no, got follow the reaper (something like that)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i like fire and the flames! and the next song on that album is okayish, but that's pretty much the only dforce i listen to.

badquinton304

HSC
omar i am disappoint

but lol dethklok
Dethklok rules.
My ringtone is the same as the dethphone ringtone, sooooo metal, unfortunately my phone can't take down ancient finnish lake trolls, should an occasion requiring such a feat arise.

Do you like Bodom, Bloodbath?
I like some bodom songs but mostly the older ones. Bloodbath is just like oldschool dm.

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
Definately get more Carcass, specifically "Symphonies of Sickness". Fucking top goregrind.

Here's a few.

Death - the original death metal band (yes, I know that Possessed put out Seven Churches in '85, so fuck off). Get everything you can. If you're actually into buying albums, Utopia has Leprosy, Individual Thought Patterns and Human on sale for like $10 each.
Napalm Death - their stuff with Barney Greenway. I'd still recommend getting Scum and From Enslavement to Obliteration.
Bolt Thrower - Specifically War Master.
Cryptopsy (Even though their new shit will be terrible) - specifically "None So Vile". Phobophile has to be one of the catchiest death metal songs ever.
Atheist - All of their shit
Cynic - jazz-fusion/death metal, a great combination. Only put out "Focus", but it is one of the greatest albums ever produced.
Gorguts - I've only got "Obscura", but it has to be one of the strangest albums I have ever heard. In a good way, though.
Demilich - only put out one album back in '93, "Nespithe". Crazy time signatures, tempos and all that.
Origin. You'd probably like this, if you're looking for some intense shit played at ridiculous speeds.
Suffocation - specifically "Pierced from Within". Side note: I used this album cover as a related text for an English assessment, and got 14/15.)
Great list.

Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream
Morbid Angel - Anything from Maze of Torment to Covenant is worth picking up
At The Gates - The Red in the Sky Is Ours is one of the most desperate and powerfuly DM albums ever
Emtombed - Left Hand Path. Classic album
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence is a pretty class Blackened and Melodic DM
Immolation - Here In After and Close to a World Below. Any album would do really.
Incantation - Responsible for dissonant and unsettling DM
Dead Congregation - Modern band playing Old School DM
The Chasm - Another really good modern band who released an awesome album last year
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes is Finland's finest record. Second to Demilich though

This guy summed it up before me though
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22349284&postcount=28

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)