death of fiction (1 Viewer)

unthink_this

HSC
Death of fiction, to me anyway. I can no longer read a fiction novel because the story plots and cliches annoy me.
Can anyone reccomend me a really amazing/life changing fiction novel to get me out of this phase?
x

Last edited:

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Not picky about genres or whatever?

Because for me the most inspiring book I have ever read the The Time Machine by H.G. Wells.
Keep in mind that it was also the most boring book I have ever read so I'm not sure you'd actually want to put yourself through reading the whole hundred and something pages of it.
It was inspiring because it sparked my love of sci-fi which led me to read some amazing books.

Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier was also very inspiring and beautifully written. I actually learnt a lot from it about art and introduced me to the works of Vermeer who is now my favourite artist. In a way it has really helped me to develop as an artist.

By the way, I love your avatar.

unthink_this

HSC
I just took a quick tour around your deviantart, you are amazing! My favourite would have to be Jay Kay and Damien.
I have never heard of the Time Machine (yes, I used to be a DW fanatic) but I have heard good reviews about the Girl with the Pearl Earring, so I will go check that out.
Thanks! I love it too, it's actually a little ironic in my case, but yes. x

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Not picky about genres or whatever?

Because for me the most inspiring book I have ever read the The Time Machine by H.G. Wells.
Keep in mind that it was also the most boring book I have ever read so I'm not sure you'd actually want to put yourself through reading the whole hundred and something pages of it.
It was inspiring because it sparked my love of sci-fi which led me to read some amazing books.

Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier was also very inspiring and beautifully written. I actually learnt a lot from it about art and introduced me to the works of Vermeer who is now my favourite artist. In a way it has really helped me to develop as an artist.

By the way, I love your avatar.
I've gone back to reading the classics...like Shakespeare :D
But, atm, I'm reading 1984 by George Orwell. Gotta love dyastopian novels.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've gone back to reading the classics
Same here. 1984 is amazing, as is Animal Farm.

A recent one that I've really enjoyed is:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

It doesn't follow traditional novel conventions, so you may enjoy it it.

pman

Banned
HSC
fiction isn't dead, there a some well written pieces out there, they're just a tad hard to find....also, the human mind cannot come up with anything truely original, we just improve what we have,as such, concepts are forever being used up and so clichés occur....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)