• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Demento's Year 10 maths practice paper thread (2 Viewers)

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Wow what SpiralFlex and Sy123 said was like magic. Good insight :)

russ3l

HSC
why cant we do something like this for english? :(

Last edited:

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
why cant we do something like this for english? :(
I can give it a go in making an English paper (going to vary due to what people see in schools), but a lot of my questions are just going to be in the same style and format that I follow with my school. I can provide you guys some extracts and questions to answer and give a go. Marking wise, I am not that great an examiner although I'd be happy to provide any feedback necessary to assist.

russ3l

HSC
I can give it a go in making an English paper (going to vary due to what people see in schools), but a lot of my questions are just going to be in the same style and format that I follow with my school. I can provide you guys some extracts and questions to answer and give a go. Marking wise, I am not that great an examiner although I'd be happy to provide any feedback necessary to assist.
Am I able to read one or a couple of essays from you demento1? I would like to have some of your 99.95-magic to rub off on my :). Pm me!

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Am I able to read one or a couple of essays from you demento1? I would like to have some of your 99.95-magic to rub off on my :). Pm me!
Not a genius. :) I'll go through and take a look at some of the essays I've done in the past that might be able to indicate the difference between a good essay and a brilliant essay that leaves a mark on your teachers. (ofc - not all my essays are brilliant, takes a lot of effort and dedication)

russ3l

HSC
Not a genius. :) I'll go through and take a look at some of the essays I've done in the past that might be able to indicate the difference between a good essay and a brilliant essay that leaves a mark on your teachers. (ofc - not all my essays are brilliant, takes a lot of effort and dedication)
thanks demento1 :) try and send your best essay

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Don't leave me out Demento :p Do you mind sending me your best essay as well? :)

On another note, did anyone else do that ICAS English competition this year? :)

Indoz

HSC
can i see your best essay as well? PM?

Indoz

HSC
Don't leave me out Demento :p Do you mind sending me your best essay as well? :)

yes i did, how did u go?

russ3l

HSC
Why don't we just have an essay sharing thread? It doesn't matter if we haven't done the topic: just looking at the structure/expression of the essay would be enough :)

thoughts?

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC

Unfortunately, I didn't sign up for it this year. I did the writing competition though.

Why don't we just have an essay sharing thread? It doesn't matter if we haven't done the topic: just looking at the structure/expression of the essay would be enough :)

thoughts?
Actually a very nice idea. I'd be happy to contribute a few of my essays. I can PM you guys a pretty decent paper that I wrote for English about censorship - hopefully you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

russ3l

HSC
Actually a very nice idea. I'd be happy to contribute a few of my essays. I can PM you guys a pretty decent paper that I wrote for English about censorship - hopefully you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
awesome! i'll be waiting for a pm from you in the near future

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, I didn't sign up for it this year. I did the writing competition though.

Well if you want to know what it was like, I have the booklet :)

And thanks, I'll wait for that PM! :D

iEatOysters

HSC

Our school doesn't offer it, because we apparently suck at English. We only do Maths, Computer Skills (idek why) and Science. :(

deswa1

HSC
Oh can I read it too out of interest (I'm obviously not year 10 but I bet its way better than mine lol).

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I remember reading one of Demento's essay and it was really good lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)