Depression and the HSC - how do you cope? (1 Viewer)

j92

HSC
Re: depression caused by failing everything

im so worried that all my failure will mean that i will get a uai o like 40:(:(:(:(:(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

im so worried that all my failure will mean that i will get a uai o like 40:(:(:(:(:(
well it's more about ranks, not marks.

how are your ranks?

j92

HSC

horrible:(:(:(
in two subjects im like 50% off first place

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Then go back to what I originally said...just consult to people that you are comfortable with :)

j92

HSC

i dont need a counsellor i need non fail

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC

I been that road, and again now in uni, it's not pretty:(.

The thing you ought to know is that there's ALWAYS alternative paths - insearch, foundation year, tafe, bonus points...etc.etc.etc.. What is important for you is to find out what you want to do, and the possible paths to get to it. People who have a definite goal, but did not do well in the HSC, often succeed in the field they desire compare to those who got to theirs via HSC, because people who got there without HSC are there because they are passionate with their career choice.
If you are depress because you are afraid of not getting to the career you want, then no need to be. Prehaps you will do well in the HSC, 50% off first place in only two subject is not a big deal, but if you don't do well, there's other paths.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC

Let me start by saying there are hundreds of students in your position.

Try and analyse why you are failing in these subjects.

Are you putting in enough effort ? Do you understand the content that is being taught ?

If you find that you are falling behind, DON'T panic, consult your teacher, get some outside help.

What is it you want to study at Uni ?

Do not fall into the trap of thinking that if you get a low UAI you will fail at life, just keep being positive, there are alternate ways into everything.

Last edited:

EvoRevolution

HSC

sigh how do i cope with failing school which leads to failing life sigh
first of all stop whining and getting all depressed, instead of sitting infront of the computer seeking help why don't u try to work out a solution to fix those marks of yours and try to get the best possible uai, and then maybe if you don't get into your first choice at uni or whatever, into into a course which will lead u to ur desired and work hard at uni to get into that course u originally wanted to get into.

stop your whining and gibergarber

anGchan

HSC

mate, in 10 years time you'll probably look back at high school and think "wow, why did i give such a shit about it". I obviosuly cant speak from experience but im pretty sure all the stuff we worry about now as year 11 or 12 today will mean shit in the distant future. we'll all get what we deserve in the future.

jellybelly59

HSC

first of all stop whining and getting all depressed, instead of sitting infront of the computer seeking help why don't u try to work out a solution to fix those marks of yours and try to get the best possible uai, and then maybe if you don't get into your first choice at uni or whatever, into into a course which will lead u to ur desired and work hard at uni to get into that course u originally wanted to get into.

Stop your whining and gibergarber
+1

johony

HSC

in the morning, do some exercise for about an hour or two. after that, work your fucking ass off for a couple more hours.

repeat.

sinophile

HSC
N/A

Go listen to some hyper-motivating song, like EYE OF THE TIGER or the instrumental from BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, and when you have been lifted from the depths GO PLAN A WAR STRATEGY and MAKE IT HAPPEN BITCH.

A man objectively looks at his circumstances and develops a strategy in order to win!

There is ALWAYS a way to win!

Failure is not falling, not getting up IS!

lychnobity

HSC

Go listen to some hyper-motivating song, like EYE OF THE TIGER or the instrumental from BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, and when you have been lifted from the depths GO PLAN A WAR STRATEGY and MAKE IT HAPPEN BITCH.

A man objectively looks at his circumstances and develops a strategy in order to win!

There is ALWAYS a way to win!

Failure is not falling, not getting up IS!
She knows what she's talking about.

NO amount of outside help is going to be able to get you working as much as some self talk will. I dug myself out of a hole by talking to myself at the mirror. It's a way of confronting it. JUST DO THE FUCKING CRAP YOU HAVE TO DO TO BEAT EVERYONE.

In saying that, I find it better to approach the work slowly. Just open the book. Do some light reading. Ease yourself into it. THEN make notes, then some questions.

HSC

i dont need a counsellor i need non fail
Counselling can help; you have a lot more chance of picking yourself back up when you're in a better state of mind.

1bpcsmem

HSC

I think its good that you share your painful feelings on this blog.
I think the best thing for you to do is to get some consulting perhaps from your grade director to start things off. After that, I think you might be able to gather some motivation to start things off. I had a friend who came last in all his preliminary but ended up achieving great marks for the HSC. Try focusing on the positive side rather than on the negative side. Who knows? You might end up achieving your UAI goal :)

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC

To the OP:

If you're really feeling down, I suggest you talk to your school counsellor. They will be able to help you alot and perhaps this will qualify you for that EAS scheme thing because you've had difficulty in year 12. Sometimes you have to let it out and staunchness will do more harm then good.

I did the HSC last year. I know.

Besides, failing HSC is not the end of the world. It may seem that way now, but then, when a door is closed, a window is opened.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A

why so sad?
get a tutor ...start with an easy subject....concentrate....go on to the harder ones...do not panic...uv still got time
+1. u can still dramatically improve ur mark in six months. As long as u begin a steady workload. It doesn't need to be too much, maybe just 1-2 hours, revising what u've done, and typing notes. Besides, it's holidays, so what u should b doing is reviewing work from the whole of Term 1 and 2

HSC

Counselling can help; you have a lot more chance of picking yourself back up when you're in a better state of mind.
yeah exactly!
its not necessarily a bad thing if you need to talk to a counsellor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)