Did anyone else bludge through the entire of Year 11? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Totally! and it so wasn't worth it,luckily i recovered and made it up for past mistakes like during mid yr this term. a bit late lol

Although its okay to bludge chem/physics/eng it definitely has its toll on maths and i regret doing it otherwise i wouldn't be worrying about my UAI *sigh*

bored of sc

HSC
Takuto said:
Anyone else like me and bludged throughout the whole prelim year?

Just wanting to see if theres anyone like me.. I came last in everything in Year 11. ^^
No. I tried really hard.

aimhigh10

HSC
apparently you can bludge up to mid way through yr 11 and still do well in the hsc

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah i basically bludged through the entire year except for doing a lot of maths homework

Hannargh

HSC
Takuto said:
oh, dont need to explain that.. every school in nsw has that, haha
Gosh, I didn't know that lol. I guess you learn something new everyday!

If I were to add all n-awards from every year, I'd have roughly 12 or more, way to much bludging! I have no clue as to why they call them 'awards' though, there's nothing 'rewarding' about getting one.

Last edited:

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Hannargh said:

If I were to add all n-awards from every year, I'd have roughly 12 or more, way to much bludging! I have no clue as to why they call them 'awards' though, there's nothing 'rewarding' about getting one.
but its not, its call a NON-award

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hannargh said:
I bludged Society and Culture and failed the course, in the prelim exam I got 3/60.

Since I failed the course I couldn't get a HSC or something, but thankfully I only have to pick up one or two tafe courses and it's all fine. If I don't drop out of S&C I may as well as drop outta school.

Ancient History I got 19/100, Visual Art 26/50, English 7/50 (managed to scrape that even though I got kicked out of the exam), Photography 28/50. Stupid marks for stupid people I suppose.

I hope I don't do as shit as that in the HSC or that's 13 years of my life wasted for nothing!
Are you serious?

Are you some kind of a massive bludger? But no offece, that was Yr 11! The second most important academic year of your life. But if you didn't plan on getting UAI from the start, I guess it's moderately ok.

Takuto

HSC
Hannargh said:
Now that makes more sense!
hahah yeah, the first time i heard it

i was like.. why is it called an award..?! lol

omg, some of you guys are pretty bad, lol

at least do your assignments

Stephie-Rae

HSC
Yeahhh i did far less work than i should have in year 11. I still put effort into assessments and exams and all, but still that effort didn't kick in until the night before. I was doing well at the start of the year, but that all turned to shit really, i just kept telling myself it didn't count and i'd start for year 12, which i have, but i'm regretting not doing more work through the year, at least to trial study techniques and get into the habit of working every night, but i'm also finding in a few of my subjects, chemistry in particular, there were certain basic things that i needed for this year that i never learnt properly, so i'm having to review prelim stuff as well.

So yeah, to all the little year 10ers out there that are planning to just completely bludge through year 11 and kick in for the HSC, don't. Don't burn yourself out. And don't stress too much about assessments and all, just use them as a measurment of how you're going. But at least pay attention in all of your classes and get into the habit of doing some study regularly, it's easier to build up than just expect to start all at once.

jessiminica

HSC
alex.leon said:
Only try when it counts.
That's my exact philosophy. The deputy was preaching to me, so I told her that, and she then quoted me to the rest of the grade and went on about how misguided I am. Teachers are so full of themselves :/

But yeah, I bludged. Failed chemistry (dropped it), 65%sh in physics, 75%ish in music (and 2nd in the class), 75% in both englishes, 85%-90% in both maths.

Not a bad year really :p

TidyBoi

HSC
Definetly lol

Hannargh said:

If I were to add all n-awards from every year, I'd have roughly 12 or more
lol, try close to 12 in the last 2 years and 49 demerits in close to 4 years.

Last edited:

xbellax

HSC
aLexTasyy said:
i was the biggest bludger EVER!!! i swear my parents believe im not going to make it ....oh well at least ill have 2 cert II's!!!!!!
Haha same ehre. And I have 2 cert IIs.
But atleast I have realised I was a shithead this year and need to make a bloody big effort next yr!

C

Capt.787

Yeah, took it easy the whole way through. but tried hard in exams i am doing in the HSC Next year, or now. I Dropped chemistry big time, tooo hard....
;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)