Did anyone else **genuinely** fuck up their english trials (missed questions, incomplete responses)? (3 Viewers)

spiderfan44

HSC
anyways i stuffed up mod c and ended up just writing about some unrelated shit. the prompt was memory so i just bitched about being pontic greek and the genocide and cultural erasure. hope i get pitty points!

elliott07

🌙
HSC
anyways i stuffed up mod c and ended up just writing about some unrelated shit. the prompt was memory so i just bitched about being pontic greek and the genocide and cultural erasure. hope i get pitty points!
ive got my paper 1 on Monday idk like im confident I can cook something up for module c considering I do a lot of short creatives for ext 1/2 esp reflections. I gave up memorising full essays and im just getting quotes and plans now 😭. hoping to get at least 80/100 but I know paper 1 is gonna stuff me over so bad

as.merd

HSC
agreed and i think all of us selective school kids will get humbled when we go out into the real world. getting a high atar and into a prestigious degree may be a stepping stool in terms of connections and MAYBE a higher quality of education and might correlate to success, but probably not cause it. we are all going to be screwed over by the job market, economy and the housing market lol it is just a matter of how screwed you will be. and yes kids from selective schools have a complex. i have seen it when interacting with kids from higher ranked selective schools than mine, imagine what thats going to be like for someone in a lower ranked school. also a majority of people in selective schools are rich or richer than the average. ive had someone tell me their family wasnt rich for owning 3 teslas smh. some of these kids are going to get humbled when the realise the world out there isnt that simple

also the ppl in this thread clowning on ppl of lower socioeconomic backgrounds are just plain disgusting lmao. you don't choose to be born or put into that kind of situation so idk why we are shitting on ppl that can't help it.

also to be completely real why are the ppl in a top 5 school dropping math altogether? sorry its just not believable. my school is ranked well below that and ppl had to jump through hoops to convince the school to allow them to do standard 2, let alone dropping maths altogether. the school refused to put them in a class so they all do distance ed now. typically selective schools will try anything they can to stop you from dropping maths. sure you might be able to get a 99.5+ atar without maths but those ppl are outliers and in the eyes of a selective school they don't want kids to drop math for "lower scaling subjects"
realest thing ive seen today, dk if its some form of rage bait there doing, but seriously unbelievable that people exist with some sort of mentality, like for the sake of everyone, that for some reason wants to interact with them, please start building a personality not based off your pretentious ass and academics/ the school you go😹 they genuinely sound so insufferable.

ajdsklajskdl

HSC
agreed and i think all of us selective school kids will get humbled when we go out into the real world. getting a high atar and into a prestigious degree may be a stepping stool in terms of connections and MAYBE a higher quality of education and might correlate to success, but probably not cause it. we are all going to be screwed over by the job market, economy and the housing market lol it is just a matter of how screwed you will be. and yes kids from selective schools have a complex. i have seen it when interacting with kids from higher ranked selective schools than mine, imagine what thats going to be like for someone in a lower ranked school. also a majority of people in selective schools are rich or richer than the average. ive had someone tell me their family wasnt rich for owning 3 teslas smh. some of these kids are going to get humbled when the realise the world out there isnt that simple

also the ppl in this thread clowning on ppl of lower socioeconomic backgrounds are just plain disgusting lmao. you don't choose to be born or put into that kind of situation so idk why we are shitting on ppl that can't help it.

also to be completely real why are the ppl in a top 5 school dropping math altogether? sorry its just not believable. my school is ranked well below that and ppl had to jump through hoops to convince the school to allow them to do standard 2, let alone dropping maths altogether. the school refused to put them in a class so they all do distance ed now. typically selective schools will try anything they can to stop you from dropping maths. sure you might be able to get a 99.5+ atar without maths but those ppl are outliers and in the eyes of a selective school they don't want kids to drop math for "lower scaling subjects"
mb yall i exaggeraged my og msg slightly and people are picking it apart the fact i said “lots” -what i intended on saying was everyone i know who dropped maths tend to be the highest performers ie top ranks in most their subjects hence they dont need maths, of course its not a lot of people but still a considerable amount have dropped maths. my school doesnt offer standard - the lowest is maths adv so ppl cant drop down to standard they can only drop it altogether in which the school has to approve of letting them drop maths (which is why all the people who have dropped it perform really well because thats the only way the school will let them drop it)

ajdsklajskdl

HSC
also to note that i know its not a common theme to drop maths in high ranking selective school and im not saying that its common - hence why it sounds like im making shit up. teachers have noted my grade as the outlier compared to previous grades in math capabilities and we’ve never really had people dropping maths in the past before so it was really only this year, and they allowed these people to drop since they were performing so high in their other subjects back to my original point - academics arent everything and it doesnt make u superior, dont shame people for academic capabilities and in this case dont shame someones choice to drop maths lol idk how we strayed so far and started nitpicking at the smallest phrases

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)