Did the wrong option topic in Trails and Teacher said she cant take the marks? (1 Viewer)

lhman97

HSC
Hey Everyone
So for my Software Development and Design Trails exam, i did the wrong option topic part because I knew both of them but the one i did in the test i knew much better. The teacher is saying she cant take the marks? I thought it wouldnt be a problem because you can do which ever one you wanted to in the HSC and it doesnt matter? Im really worried about this and want to try and find out. If anyone has any idea or could help could they please let me know? Thanks heaps

astroman

HSC
They should mark them regardless since the paper says attempt TWO questions from 25-28, it doesn't specify, although your school made you do two specific one's, you aren't stopped from learning others by yourself. I suggest you talk to your teacher, explain your situation and say there is no rule saying you can't mark it. In the HSC, it would be accepted.

Flop21

HSC
If the test said you could do whatever option, and provided the questions for you, then she should 'take the marks' because she gave you the option to do it. If she didn't want people doing it, she shouldn't have put it in the test??

Is your teacher crazy? Jesus, I'm just stressing thinking about this situation.

If the issue does not resolve, get your parents to call if they are good talkers or go in yourself, talk to the head teacher, then if it's still not resolved talk to the principal.

StudyToDeath

HSC
In my PDHPE exam people selected the wrong option and it still got marked.
You should get marks for it no matter what!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I had a student do the wrong option for two topics and had no issues with marking those options. At the HSC they will mark whatever option you answer (so long as it is on the syllabus - I say that because there have been occasions when in Modern History people have decided to do an option for the personality who isn't on the syllabus e.g. Mohammed Ali - the boxer, rather than Mohammed Ali Jinnah who is on the syllabus).

If you answer more than one option in an area both/all options are marked and the best mark given.

gem19

HSC
My friend did they same thing in our history exam. They have to mark it regardless as that's what they do in the actual HSC exam

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah in the hsc i did more than the prescribed options so I would receive the highest mark out of them. #thingsidowhenifinishbiology1hrearlier

Mr_Kap

HSC
Yeah in the hsc i did more than the prescribed options so I would receive the highest mark out of them. #thingsidowhenifinishbiology1hrearlier
Is this true? I have always wondered if you answered more than one option which one they would mark.

klee98

HSC
That's a weirdly phrased question. I had to read it 3 times before i understood it. You might want to drop the question mark.

"wrong option"?
If it's an option, does that not imply that you get a choice?
I'd like to hear the argument made by your teacher, that would definitely be interesting!

"she can't take the marks?"
Was she physically not able to? Could she not lift her pen and write down a few numbers on a piece of paper?

Anywho, answering your question now: My maths teacher did the "wrong option" during his HSC and he got the marks from it. If NSW could "take the marks", i don't see why your teacher can't. Unless she's actually paralysed...

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Is this true? I have always wondered if you answered more than one option which one they would mark.

Every question you answer is marked and the BOSTES gives you the most marks it can. Therefore if you do two options in one section and only one option is required both will be marked and the best mark taken.

Remember that often for option questions there are different people marking them e.g. in Modern History different people mark America to those who mark Russia or even if the same team moves from one option to another they don't mark paper by paper but all the Russia questions and then all the America questions. The markers won't know that you have completed two options. When the marks go into the computer the computer will pick up two marks for one option and will choose the best mark for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)