Did you vote? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Phanatical said:
Counting has now begun, starting with President. No announcement yet on official results, but it doesn't look good.
so whose winning. also how do u check results? is there a site

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The Choice/Resolve coalition are looking at 10% of the vote for President between both Watson and myself. I managed no more than sixty primary votes, which I consider absolutely disgusting, but consistant with my independent position, which is about 20% of what Tom managed.

Results are coming in straight from the electoral tally room in the SRC, with our scrutineers reporting out to us.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
since when can there be a coalition for president?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
There isn't a coalition for President. We are both leadership candidates, and ultimately against each other. Nevertheless, preferences flow, so it was in both our interests to promote Choice and the Sensible Choice.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
greeninsanity said:
It looks like Nick Wood got about 60% of the primary vote. :D
awesome, now that he'll be president it'll be great.
1) There will be NO discrimination at all at the uni
2) Tutes will have far less people in them as obviously we have all those unused seminar rooms everywhere (especially all empty in merewether)
3) All wars in the world will simultaneously stop.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
stazi said:
2) Tutes will have far less people in them as obviously we have all those unused seminar rooms everywhere (especially all empty in merewether)
the genius of stas, ladies and gentlemen... *applauds*

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
nope.

anyone who looked at me hoping to get a vote out of me...I gave them one of those looks that says: "Go get f***ed an***y".

Last edited:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
man im sick of this stupid VSU argument. get the fuck over it. it's going to come in whether you like it or not.

oh another note:
stazi said:
*applause*

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's okay for the Liberals, because at least you have that to be thankful for. But I'm still the most hated person at the University of Sydney because, as many students have told me, apparently I support VSU, hate women, beat up gay people and am a member of the Liberal Party. For the Liberals, there is no loss of credibility, and no personal damage since nobody hates the individual candidates - just the party. But I AM the campaign. I AM the policies. And it's not RESOLVE they hate - but ME.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Phanatical said:
It's okay for the Liberals, because at least you have that to be thankful for. But I'm still the most hated person at the University of Sydney because, as many students have told me, apparently I support VSU, hate women, beat up gay people and am a member of the Liberal Party. For the Liberals, there is no loss of credibility, and no personal damage since nobody hates the individual candidates - just the party. But I AM the campaign. I AM the policies. And it's not RESOLVE they hate - but ME.
well actually, the real reason for you being the most hated guy at usyd is because you lack charisma and are a dick to people who walk by and don't take your flyer.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
grk_styl said:
man im sick of this stupid VSU argument. get the fuck over it. it's going to come in whether you like it or not.
you don't know that. if someone threatens a war on another country and we have three consecutive Tampa disasters then perhaps VSU will be permenantly put away from the Howard agenda. He'd be too busy basking in bushes lap.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
stazi said:
well actually, the real reason for you being the most hated guy at usyd is because you lack charisma and are a dick to people who walk by and don't take your flyer.
No, I'm a dick to people who'll listen to craption and Keep Stupid, but won't give me the time of day. I put in a lot of effort to benefit students, and I find it incredibly insulting that they would treat other candidates with respect, but not me.

Plebeian

Phanatical said:
I put in a lot of effort to benefit students
Like coming up with catchy faction names!

Phanatical said:
craption and Keep Stupid
As for VSU, and it being a fait accompli, the Government is remarkably preoccupied with various homeland security and IR legislation right now. VSU has been repeatedly pushed to the back of the agenda. Parliament only has 24 sitting days left this year, and the Nationals are still resisting Nelson's uncompromising form of VSU. There is a very real chance it won't be passed in time for implementation in 2006.

As a sidenote, looking at the Parliamentary sitting calendar makes you realise how little work many MPs actually do, considering that when they're not sitting, backbenchers are just on fact-finding trips for reports that no-one reads.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Phanatical said:
No, I'm a dick to people who'll listen to craption and Keep Stupid, but won't give me the time of day. I put in a lot of effort to benefit students, and I find it incredibly insulting that they would treat other candidates with respect, but not me.
I can say that the reason people weren't taking your flyers (or treating you with respect) was because when i see you you're plain clothed, youve got nothing set up, youve got no other people around you.
Intimidation by numbers works very well. If shown your face I think only 2% of students would say that you're "Andrew Quah running for SRC". Your marketing communications really sucked.

The reason action won, was due to their opponents. I'm going to completely discount GO!!! as they have policies that the SRC doesn't actually have any control over. Or diversity, even though Rose is a great person (not Jackson) as we all know that our uni is already diverse, we have minimal discrimination etc etc - all they had to offer were concession cards for international students (but from what I was aware this is state policy and not SRC).
We have some runners for power:
Keep left - anyone who doesn't consider them a hardcore dyke/hardcore gay/hardcore lefty will be scared to vote for them.
Greens - no one takes them seriously these days. They have no real policies and steal votes from keep left.
Action - whilst he's a lefty, he won on advertising, and the fact that he never publicised his left standing. People feel secure in those candidates.
Choice - whilst they had a strong campaign, they managed to lose the vote of anyone gay, anyone at any degree to the left of 'off-center right'.
Resolve - no one knew anything about them.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Techie said:
Like coming up with catchy faction names!

As for VSU, and it being a fait accompli, the Government is remarkably preoccupied with various homeland security and IR legislation right now. VSU has been repeatedly pushed to the back of the agenda. Parliament only has 24 sitting days left this year, and the Nationals are still resisting Nelson's uncompromising form of VSU. There is a very real chance it won't be passed in time for implementation in 2006.

As a sidenote, looking at the Parliamentary sitting calendar makes you realise how little work many MPs actually do, considering that when they're not sitting, backbenchers are just on fact-finding trips for reports that no-one reads.
as a future union board of directors candidate, I aknowledge that it will get passed - whilst I would like to say 'the protests organised are working', I simply know this isn't the case. However, this one year delay is brilliant. I am hoping that the people in next year's meetings will realise this too and use the year to maximise profit (not spend money on various protests etc) and spend the surplus for advertising why the future years' students should part with their cash.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Yep. I've suggested on several occasions that the student organisations run a "This is how your student fees benefit you" campaign. MUCH stronger than what they have now.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Phanatical said:
Yep. I've suggested on several occasions that the student organisations run a "This is how your student fees benefit you" campaign. MUCH stronger than what they have now.
I won't reveal what my plan is for my future USU board policies, but that's very much the focal point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)