Did your school tell you... (1 Viewer)

Black Hawker

HSC
Jachie said:
You sound like me. I feel your pain, buddy.

I actually love my grade, we're pretty small (120 of us) and almost every friendship group gets along with the others. It's not too clique-y and everyone is really supportive and friendly...I'll shut up now, but yeah. I love my grade.
LOL. Hmm, some of the people in our grade don't really get along with each other. I get along with most of them...

BTW, back on topic, we didn't get told where we ranked etc. We just got our SC at graduation and when it finish we all just left.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Kujah said:
Lol, mine is unusual. They dont attempt at doing work, they swear at their teachers, and they dont give a stuff about school. Most got Band 1s and 2s in their Sc
Omg yeah, the majority of my year is like that :( & since my year is so small (18 people) it really gets annoying as there are no graded classes & i'm stuck with the idiots all the time...Except in electives, where i'm with people who want to do well, thankfully.
But yeah, why don't they just drop out? or go to tafe? grr

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Wow, 18? I withdraw my above comment about my grade being small. :p

I'm sorry about your situation, fallenstar, that's got to suck majorly. Hopefully they don't disrupt your classes too much in the next two years. :)

BTW, back on topic, we didn't get told where we ranked etc. We just got our SC at graduation and when it finish we all just left.
We weren't told where we were ranked, either. I just went to the Board Of Studies site to find out the percentages.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Less people means less competition. Less competition means better chance of getting great results, and higher rankings :)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Jachie said:
Wow, 18? I withdraw my above comment about my grade being small. :p
I'm sorry about your situation, fallenstar, that's got to suck majorly. Hopefully they don't disrupt your classes too much in the next two years. :)
I'd die to have 120 in my year!! you're lucky to have diversity like that :) it gets so annoying with such a small number, everyone's really on each other's nerves [& the stress of the SC made it worse!]

nah, they won't disrupt my HSC - I'm moving 10 hours away :p going to a school in Lismore which has a really good HSC record & apparently has - i quote from the brochure - "focused, interested students".. oh, bliss :p

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Kujah said:
Less people means less competition. Less competition means better chance of getting great results, and higher rankings :)
lol true, but less people also means less intelligence [in this case], which means more idiocy, support for stupidity, & dislike for those who try..

Jachie

HSC
fallenstar said:
I'd die to have 120 in my year!! you're lucky to have diversity like that :) it gets so annoying with such a small number, everyone's really on each other's nerves [& the stress of the SC made it worse!]

nah, they won't disrupt my HSC - I'm moving 10 hours away :p going to a school in Lismore which has a really good HSC record & apparently has - i quote from the brochure - "focused, interested students".. oh, bliss :p
lol see in my area, 120 students is nothing. But yeah, you're definitely right about being lucky to have the diversity. :) And I'm super-glad, for your sake, that you're changing schools. It sounds promising, so I hope it turns out well. :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Other people's "idiotic" thoughts and opinions shouldnt stop what you strive for ;)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
tamaranadine said:
By the way, how did your subject selection go?
With so few people did you get the subjects you wanted. (at our school the min number of people for a class to run is 15)
For my electives I chose Japanese & Art, & Jap didn't run because only 3 people chose it, so I had to do IPT..
Art ran - with 5 people in the class :p

Jachie

HSC
Kujah said:
Other people's "idiotic" thoughts and opinions shouldnt stop what you strive for ;)
That is true, but at the same time it can be a major disruption. (As someone who went to a dumbass primary school, I can relate.)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Is there just one singular class for all?

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Jachie said:
And I'm super-glad, for your sake, that you're changing schools. It sounds promising, so I hope it turns out well. :D
Aw thanks, yeah i do too :)

Kujah said:
Is there just one singular class for all?
Yep. For 7/9 subjects. [I get peace in electives.]

Kujah

HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:
Yep. For 7/9 subjects. [I get peace in electives.]
:(

We're ALL glad you're going to a new school :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
I WANNA BE ON AN ALL-ROUNDERS, FIRST IN SUBJECT, SCHOLARSHIP LISTS...NOW!
I SHALL...
You will be if you put in hard work and effort :)

Last edited:

Jachie

HSC
Hmmph. My computer says those files are damaged. :( Oh well, I just looked at the html links, which stated the percentage of students who fell in a band. Is that all the PDF file contains too?

Jachie

HSC
Nah, I tried yesterday too, to no avail. I think my computer just hates me. Nothing new, haha.

SO, I've cut out the distribution graphs from those PDF's
Oh, you rock majorly. Thank you! :D

Jachie

HSC
Thank you so much again! Hehe, seeing these graphs makes me feel so much better about my results.

G

gaoOO

Well, i did SC last year and we never got told anything, although anyone that got 100, well it's pretty self explanatory.

Our school did really badly. Apparently only 21 of the students had all band 6s and all A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)