Votes: 60 58.8%
  • depends on why (please specify)

Votes: 28 27.5%

• Total voters

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
was ur original comment a joke? i really think we waste so much on defense. i cant believe were now paying school leaves 30k a year to do defense training with no obligation to even join after the year. disgusting waste.
no i was being serious, it's a waste of money, we buy overpriced out dated military hardware from overseas that we'll never use, and if we do it'll be in some bullshit war that has no real use, eg. Iraq

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Yeah i'd die my hair for my country. It is a patriotic duty for every man and woman and it is an honour to die my red hair to gold and green.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
you are all pathetic

ubernuton said:
are u willing to die for your country ?
Given any situation, yes i would.

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Schroedinger said:
No you need Hayek, Von Mises and Rothbard.

Chomsky is a hack.

EDIT: No, sif die for an arbitrary border that has no real significance. Patriotism and Nationalism are the two most idiotic, xenophobic and self-indulgent concepts in the entire world.
They have some value in motivating the peasants

cf economic performance boosts in some african and south american countries during the world cup :D

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Schroedinger said:
We're pathetic? You're the militaristic moron. Any conflict can be solved by discussion, trade and mediation alone.

There is no reason for any person ever to die in war. This mentality continues death.

Superb.
LOL

Grow up.

Of course it is desirable to evade military intervention. However, its been shown thousands of times throughout history that if discussion, trade and mediation doesn't work the only way forward is by the use of force.

jimmayyy

HSC
ubernuton said:
are u willing to die for your country ?
if australia was under immediate attack, yes.

do you belief people should be willing to die for there country

to an extent, yes. i believe if people are going to "die for" anything, defence of their country should be pretty high on the list.

why, why not and if so should they be willing to die for other things
"a man who has found nothing for which he is willing to die has no right to live" - martin luther king, jr.

are u willing to die for your goverment ?
government as an institution? like as in, defending my democracy? maybe. government as in having a specific government, then no.

are u willing to die for your morals ?
depends. would i ever martyr myself for a cause? nah.

what are u willing to die for ?
my family, my friends, my beliefs if pushed to the limit, my country if it needed me.

jimmayyy

HSC
Schroedinger said:
. Any conflict can be solved by discussion, trade and mediation alone.
allies should of just mediated w/ hitler lolz

There is no reason for any person ever to die in war. This mentality continues death.
check the quote in my sig, coward.

Russdog

russell
HSC
CharlieB said:
LOL

Grow up.

Of course it is desirable to evade military intervention. However, its been shown thousands of times throughout history that if discussion, trade and mediation doesn't work the only way forward is by the use of force.
what the fuck is the 'way forward'? the only thing history has proved is that we keep going around in fucking circles, not forward.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Dying in an unprovoked attack against another sovereign nation is not dying for your country, when you think about it.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Oh man that is an awesome quote. "The only thing history has proven is that we keep going around in fucking circles, not foward." I'm going to remember that. Yes I know I changed one letter. Bugger off.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
only if the conflict we're fighting is for a justified cause and we're in imminent danger but conflict these days is mostly meaningless and questionable.

otherwise if such was the case i'd gladly die spartan style :santa:

jimmayyy

HSC
Schroedinger said:
When you read some Hayek, Rothbard or Von Mises, warmongerer.
i didnt know we were debating jewish libertarian economics?

but touche.

flappinghippo

HSC
Iron said:
We're also living in an interconnected world where the state's capacity to make huge differences to our lives is eroding. Previously, we could be shielded from the world, become totally self sufficient, and have the state as our only spokesman and protector. Now that's largely obsolete.
I agree. With globalisation really picking up speed in recent decades, economically as well as with the movement of peoples, the borders between nations have faded. Also, as a side effect, we've seen less and less wars - wars between countries are much less desirable because they have too much to lose since it involves severing borderless economic bonds along artificial borders.

I would die for what I care for; my freedom. If this involves fighting for me country, then I would die for my country. But as if it would get to that.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
"What's this? In two hundred years we've gone from 'I regret I have but one life to give for my country' to 'Fuck you'!?"

Bonus points if you know where it's from.

ubernuton

HSC
flappinghippo said:
I agree. With globalisation really picking up speed in recent decades, economically as well as with the movement of peoples, the borders between nations have faded. Also, as a side effect, we've seen less and less wars - wars between countries are much less desirable because they have too much to lose since it involves severing borderless economic bonds along artificial borders.

I would die for what I care for; my freedom. If this involves fighting for me country, then I would die for my country. But as if it would get to that.
war has not decrease it just our perseption of time that has
last century we had more war than the century before

jimmayyy

HSC
Justin said:
Ahh, what a militaristically inspired person.

When was the last time Australia was under "immediate" attack?

...and yet you have made a decision that you would be willing to engage militaristically for Australia. To die. Even though war should be the least of your concerns, unless you are feeling unstable.

*image of a toddler with a toy gun playing cowboys and indians*

Sad.
lmfao you are such a fucking douche, seriously. if war came to australias shores in the form of an invasion from another country that threatened my (and yours, mind you) way of life, i would defend my country. if i lose my life in defence of the freedoms that even give you the rights to express your cowardly leftist bullshit opinions, well, i'm prepared to make that sacrifice.

how that makes me "militaristic" is beyond me. how it makes me "unstable" makes even less sense. it makes me willing to "disagree with what you say, but defend to the death your right to say it", fuckwit.

oh PS last time australia was under immediate attack was when Japanese fighter plans bombed the shit out of the north and north west coasts and submarines shelled our eastern suburbs. 1940s if i recall correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)