DISAPOINTING you teachers. (1 Viewer)

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
gUys what do i doo? like ive worked really hard all year for chem, and did all the past papers and my lovly teacher checked them for me.. and well he just emailed me asking how i went with that test.. and im rather disapointed! i feel bad cos he worked soo hard on me but like... unoo how do i tell him arr

I think the worst thing is disapointing the teachers who worked soo hard on you..

auraflux7

HSC
I can see where you are coming from, but in all honesty who gives a fuck.. (no disrespect intended) but the HSC is for you, not for your teachers. But in saying that i do see your perspective as well.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
tell him the truth, im sure he's not gna be realy upset, because the truth in ur situation is U could have done NOTHING more to prepare - sometimes with exams in just 'in the 3 hours, on the day' that matter the most, and it just wasnt there 4 u in those 3 hours

so yeh, nothing u coulda done coulda prepared u better - thank him for preparing u as well as he did

Alvik

HSC
Just lie.

Do you plan on keeping in touch with him?

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
i wrote him a lenthy reply on how i am honeslty unsure about that test and how i feel i could have done better, puting in some postives like i enjoyed the mc..
Then i ended it with a massive thankyou and best wishes!
He was the BEST teacher i swer! i hate that!

Ohhh goodluck guys and thanks!

HSC
You might have gone far better than you think. Good luck come December 17th.

Smeegen999

HSC
I am worried about this too. For the internals, I came first in two subjects (business +eco) and know I feel as though i HAVE to get a band 6 in them. Also, my school always does well in these subjects so that's added pressure.

fruitgirl

HSC
that actually happened to me. In art I walked out and my teacher was there and went through the whole exam with my class. One of the questions I completely screwed up and she said 'how did u go' and I said 'alright' but deep down inside I was hitting myself up about the exam and she says 'of course u did alright, ur really good at theory.' I know she is going to be disapointed in me.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I'm really worried that I'll disapoint my maths teacher, he was the best teacher ever and I was ranked first and he was so excited he thought I was going to do well but I think I failed........... I just hope no one at school thinks it is a reflection on his teaching, my mind just went blank in the exam gr....

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
yeah i know the pressure too.
my modern history and extension history teachers expect me to get state rankings and i don't want to disappoint.
plus i am on 99 internally for a few things and they expect top 3 in the state.
WOO.

Zephyrio

HSC
Yes.

I'm going to disappoint in probably most of my subjects, none more so than Advanced English.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Alvik said:
Just lie.

Do you plan on keeping in touch with him?
I think the teacher get to look at the student's mark.

cogito.ergo.sum

HSC
i'm inclined to agree entirely with you guys, except i feel like i failed pretty much all of the exams. i can recall feeling elated after the exams were over (i guess simply because they were over) but once the euphoria fades the pressure escalates and the butterflies reemerge. the worst thing by far has to be expectations - i wish i was doing the hsc just for myself, rather i feel like i'm carrying all my family and teachers along with me. it's a daunting feeling. i cannot help but recall all the theory i know but did not manage to include or how i didn't approach a question quite the same as most of the cohort. but i'm trying to breathe and at least fake looking confident until the results are published.

and i do believe that the teachers have access to some information regarding your hsc but i do not think its your actual results. in our school the teachers have to wait until the students notify them of their results before they know the top bands and UAIs.

good luck to everyone and i hope we all get the results we're yearning for!!! :)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
cogito.ergo.sum said:
i'm inclined to agree entirely with you guys, except i feel like i failed pretty much all of the exams. i can recall feeling elated after the exams were over (i guess simply because they were over) but once the euphoria fades the pressure escalates and the butterflies reemerge. the worst thing by far has to be expectations - i wish i was doing the hsc just for myself, rather i feel like i'm carrying all my family and teachers along with me. it's a daunting feeling. i cannot help but recall all the theory i know but did not manage to include or how i didn't approach a question quite the same as most of the cohort. but i'm trying to breathe and at least fake looking confident until the results are published.

and i do believe that the teachers have access to some information regarding your hsc but i do not think its your actual results. in our school the teachers have to wait until the students notify them of their results before they know the top bands and UAIs.

good luck to everyone and i hope we all get the results we're yearning for!!! :)
you probably did much better than you think. you sound intelligent and I'm sure your answers didn't constitute an epic fail. but I know how hard it is not to feel like what you wrote was utter shit, could have included this, could have structured this better, etc etc...Remember that the markers are reading a first draft under exam conditions; they don't expect a perfectly tuned essay. My Modern and Extension teachers have been markers for years and they told us all markers are constantly reminded that it is a first draft and they mark accordingly. As hard as it is, try not to stress now, because it's over. Good luck to you, I bet when you open your results on the 17th, they are SO much better than you think :)

candygore

HSC
yeah..apperently the subject marks will be sent to the each subject teachers, like, english mark goes to your english teacher and stuff..
i don't know..i'm kinda scared(?) how they'd think of me when they found out my really bad mark..

wow!

HSC
N/A
zxcvbee said:
gUys what do i doo? like ive worked really hard all year for chem, and did all the past papers and my lovly teacher checked them for me.. and well he just emailed me asking how i went with that test.. and im rather disapointed! i feel bad cos he worked soo hard on me but like... unoo how do i tell him arr

I think the worst thing is disapointing the teachers who worked soo hard on you..
For now tell him the truth about your exam and how you felt about it. Buy him a nice gifta nd card and thank him a lot. Then wait for the exam results and if tehy are not what you expected or are what you wanted, eitehr way call him up and have a chat. He might be disappointed but if you're honest and upfront, then eveyrone will feel better afterwards and tell him that you honetsly tried your very very best and there was nothing more you could do.

Scissors

HSC
i think my teachers are going to be surprised by my results because they all think i'm stupid since i never do any work.

i'm pretty sure i did well. i'm thinking maybe 87 uai.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I hated, now i kind of enjoy it english; none the less hes the only teacher i don't want to dissapoint.
Hes the best teacher, i do standard with about 85 other kids.

And just the other day he told me i was the best standard english student he had ever seen at our school.

And he wants me to get a band 5.
PRESSURE.

joshoh

HSC
I did fuck all at school really,only just enough, but went crazy with study when I left.
Drama - had a female version oFMr G, she left end of term 3, got
a nice one from English, but only for last term.
History- Made it interesting, fair bloke
Hospo - Ok when she was there, as deputy head, not much
English- Nice enough, nothing inspirational
Music - 2 teachers both great

Disappointing them????? nah, it wouldn't even enter my mind,why would I care?The only thing I would think about is disappointing myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)