Disappointing Albums! (1 Viewer)

HSC
MuffinMan said:
First Impressions of Earth, its a one-song album
I only like you only live once, although i occasionally play electricityscape and on the other side, but basically, i only play the first track :( o wells
heart in a cage > you only live once

daledugahole

HSC
This is going back a little bit but I was disappointed with Coldplay's X & Y. It wasn't a bad album but it didn't have the fresh feel that Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head had. It was kind of standard Colplay nothing particularly new or exciting. Although there are some great songs on it like Fix You.

Gangels

HSC
I was a bit like you with x & y, but i listened to it more and enjoyed it quite a bit. The Killers, Jet, and Regina Spektor all have good albums. I loved Holwing Bells new album. That kicked the shit. The Mars Volta, Gnarls Barkley was disappointing but Camilles album ruled.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Oh yeah, Sam's Town by The Killers. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

AntonTheswan

Emisary Of The Gorgonites
From the forest itself comes the handle for the ax
HSC
The Datsuns - Smoke and Mirrors - way to much filler, although maximum heartbreak is awesome

Matisyahu - Youth - I loved Stubbs and Arise I thought this was over produced and neglected his awesome band.

You am I - convicts - I really dug it at first, but its too short and the songs begin to sound the same, lacking the usual lyrical spark.

bassguy

HSC
rhcp - stadium arcadium
neutral milk hotel - in the aeroplane over the sea
sonic youth - daydream nation
the last two ive really tried to like because they're supposed to be such landmark albums
but as yet, no

spiny norman

HSC
bassguy said:
the last two ive really tried to like because they're supposed to be such landmark albums
but as yet, no
I know what you mean. Not with those two albums so much, but Wu-Tang Clan's Enter the Wu-Tang was pretty mehworthy according to me. Yet strangely, I thought Wu-Tang Forever was quite good.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
No it isn't :)

Though I still don't understand what they were trying to get to with the second song.

Gangels

HSC
I thought all those albums were pretty ordinary. Stadium Arcadium was better than by the way but then thats not hard to beat. We are scientists album ruled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)