• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

discursive help (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
u guys get exemplars ??
my teacher refused to share any with us throughout the year coz she wanted us to foster our "own insights"-
My teacher gets them and says “don’t write like this” 🤣🤣🤣
Don’t get me wrong some are really great and others are like 😬

Once for advanced she printed out a booklet with all different sample short answers and we “marked” them as a class and ranked them as different bands

Then afterwards she told us what mark they actually received and turns out my class is made up of harsh markers 😂

notme123

HSC

Once for advanced she printed out a booklet with all different sample short answers and we “marked” them as a class and ranked them as different bands

Then afterwards she told us what mark they actually received and turns out my class is made up of harsh markers 😂
that sounds like so much fun. i was robbed of a good english experience

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC

hahaha that sounds fun woah

zizi2003_

HSC

i wish my class was that hyped for english HAHAHA
we've all sorta given up on eng coz of our teacher

but tbh, lucky you!! u have the opportunity to take advantage of how good ur teacher is !!

may22

HSC
i feel like writing creatives is only fun when it isnt forced and when u write it on ur own will / not for any assessment lol
but even then, the idea of randomly writing a creative when free sounds weird to me
Lol I write full manuscripts 😅
Haven’t had time lately though, but I’ve done it before at least

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Lol I write full manuscripts 😅
Haven’t had time lately though, but I’ve done it before at least
Ya just make the most out of english, thats what I'll do as well. Got to keep your chin up even if all the odds seem stacked against you. That teacher seems like the best, make sure you make the most out of her

uniqueusername1

HSC
i lowkey think my teacher wanted revenge on the school system hence, why she is being brutal to indians and asians who are just trying to make mummy ji and papa ji proud.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
i wish i had ur mindset b4 i started y12 english
ye its for the better anyways, if you try your best and if you come short of what u got at least u can finish the hsc with no regrets abt ur performance, rather not feel like I could've focused more on english instead of maths and have that bugging me for a while. In retrospect, I doubt any of us is gonna care abt the hsc after we get into uni

zizi2003_

HSC
i had a state rank mindset before i got humbled countless times despite, sending thousands of drafts to some goated tutors who claimed they had helped me fix my essays. Now band 4 gang. Eshays.
same lol, i was so fixed on getting a B6 in eng, it's quite literally an outlier when compared to my other subjects it's depressing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)