Distinction Average (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
are they high school students who base that judgement on the fact it has the highest uai?

honestly, most people you speak to who are involved with larger firms or have experience in the field of law will tell you that UNSW now has the better law faculty and is producing better graduates. a lot of people believe usyd is essentially riding on 'old name' glory, and that unsw is actually currently the better law school. up to you to decide of course but a few really well-respected lawyers have said precisely this to me!
Hrm ok :)

I don't know anyone at Sydney really, so I dont have much else to go on apart from those nice glossy booklets and the UAI cutoff, but i've talked to friends at NSW, and they don't seem to think its that good (they are third year now I think)...and they suggested Sydney.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
well, at least the nice glossy booklets tell you something about the faculty. i don't see how the UAI cutoff reflect anything besides idiots who keep the cutoff higher because they pick a course based on superficial numbers

is a roflcopter
HSC
unsw law is a bitchmo
the 3 commerce subjects combined have a lesser workload

come join us next year ms toodulu

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
hey newbie! i think i saw you at the unigym awhile ago!

anyway, unsw law is a bitchmo? hmmmm, do you recommend it?

arts has too many essays :p. i'm aiming for the D average

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
the possibility of getting a D can all disappear in one quick moment :(

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by mic
hey newbie! i think i saw you at the unigym awhile ago!

anyway, unsw law is a bitchmo? hmmmm, do you recommend it?

arts has too many essays :p. i'm aiming for the D average
hello hello :)
unigym.. do you go too? i've must of looked pretty masculine benching my 0.5 kg weights :hangs head in shame:

anyway come join us too
then we can bitch about how heavy the textbooks are
although i dunno about arts/law, you gotta ask asquith about the side effects of too many essays

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
hehe. i bought a 1 month membership, haven't bothered to renew it since it expired.

theoretically i should be an expert on essays by the end of the year....theoretically :p

if all goes well, i should see you around!

flowin'

Originally posted by Frigid

3 out of 4 possible HDs and you still didn't make the NRSL cutoff for law?? :confused:
Let's just say, the other subject did quite some dragging down and second semester didn't prove as friendly. :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
My, my...what an ego some people have.

I hope you don't get into law at all.

hehehe.....someone is peeved.....and very mean too! :p

santaslayer

HSC
neo_o: Law essays are hard to get a distinction in the first year .

Commerce ones are easy.

Arts ones are 'supposedly' easier (from friends).

But yeah, I haven't met anyone so far who has gotten past a distinction in any of the three law essays we've done so far except for one nerd, but he got 99.90 in his UAI, so his exempt :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Toodulu
minai, yeh the junior compulsory units for commerce are easy to get marks for. i do minimal work and pass comfortably. the essay subjects are a pain in the arse but
the whole uni marking system is pretty screwed up, i'm just going to end up picking units i know are shit boring but can get marks for knowing basic algebra or god forbid, construct a sentence. like it's just encouraging non-critical thinking...ness. and accountants.
mm yes i know
but seriously, its not high school, pick subjects u enjoy! u'll be (possibly) doing this for awhile after u graduate

Originally posted by Frigid

3 out of 4 possible HDs and you still didn't make the NRSL cutoff for law?? :confused:
heh...3 HD's and 1 Pass in 1st semester, 1 HD, 1 DN, 2 CR in 2nd semester
Lazarus said I just missed it

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
mm yes i know
but seriously, its not high school, pick subjects u enjoy! u'll be (possibly) doing this for awhile after u graduate
haha, you mean if i graduate :(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Minai
3 HD's and 1 Pass in 1st semester, 1 HD, 1 DN, 2 CR in 2nd semester
that's gotta take some beating mr. supermod - that's a straight D-average :( i dunno if i can better that :(

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
I gotta somehow get D in final 40% essay to get D for foundations of law :uhoh:

I'd say the usyd foundations workload is the highest of my subjects, followed closely by accounting. Dunno about the other 2, cuz they don't make us do work... and self studying is... well... reserved exclusively for stuvac :D

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
I'd say the usyd foundations workload is the highest of my subjects, followed closely by accounting. Dunno about the other 2, cuz they don't make us do work... and self studying is... well... reserved exclusively for stuvac :D
Dido.....same here!

Foundation essays are hard!
I can only get freebie marks in CP. 7.5..LoLz....maybe I didn't particapate enough...or maybe I just talked too much and annoyed the teacher :p

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
hehehe.....someone is peeved.....and very mean too! :p
I stand by my comment 100%. In fact, no, let me turn it up a couple of notches.

I really hope you don't get into Law.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by neo_o
I had my sights set on Sydney Law for a while now, but ive been doing pretty horrendously this year, so I'll probably be looking at UTS law or something of the kind.....

But ill still be looking at transferring to Sydney after my first year at UTS...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Well to get that distinction average.... let me do the maths....

I need approximately 135% for each of the three subjects I'm doing this semester... I might as well think positive and at least give myself a chance :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)