Distinction Course Discussion (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
youngminii said:
So what happens if you don't get in?
impossible!!! impossible!!! please no bad luck charm!!!

jks, i don't know. i will be just dumb founded and curse the BOS (Board of studies by the way).

youngminii

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
impossible!!! impossible!!! please no bad luck charm!!!

jks, i don't know. i will be just dumb founded and curse the BOS (Board of studies by the way).
Lool
Well, good luck to you all I suppose

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Exactly - Namu I think you've got the best chance of getting in.

Anyway - reading the forms - they said 17th and 18th - which to me seems the most logical. I'm scared about my accelerated mark - cause that's what's gonna really determine if I get in or not.

HSC
So no-one's received the call yet?

How disorganised is that, getting the dates wrong? It's so annoying..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Elisa.the.Sweda said:
So no-one's received the call yet?

How disorganised is that, getting the dates wrong? It's so annoying..
Nope.

I really was expecting to get a call. Well...

tempco

HSC
As for the Phil vs Cosmo decision, I had friends doing Cosmo (while I did Phil) and it was pretty clear that Cosmo had a much larger workload. They enjoyed the course though, which made it easier I guess. I just did Phil for the scaling. :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tempco said:
As for the Phil vs Cosmo decision, I had friends doing Cosmo (while I did Phil) and it was pretty clear that Cosmo had a much larger workload. They enjoyed the course though, which made it easier I guess. I just did Phil for the scaling. :D
you serious!!! that's unfair for cosmo to have much more workload...damn

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
sikhman said:
i thought distinction courses were scaled together....?

anyway, will they call or send out letters?
nah separately, they said they'll call, letters wud take too long? to get a reply and everything and its not direct

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
vulgarfraction said:
hey thought I'd chip in that the call comes on the day of the text.. Wednesday is it?

my friend with a silent number decided to call me that morning to see if I'd gotten the call and I somehow missed that call and went nuts.

though lyounamu, you have no reason to panic. ;)
LOL epicness

hoschke118

HSC
Hi guys, i just found this thread, I probably should looked for it a bit earlier but oh well. I'll just add that none of us Smith's Hillians have gotten the call yet.

the-derivative said:
Anyway - reading the forms - they said 17th and 18th - which to me seems the most logical. I'm scared about my accelerated mark - cause that's what's gonna really determine if I get in or not.
Which forms? I remember reading that somewhere but now I can't find it...

Also, Elisa.the.Sweda? Are you the Jessica that we met and helped find the lecture theatre? Just wondering :)

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Oh!!! I am so pumped for Cosmology, that it ain't funny!!!

But I didn't get a phone call yet..

HSC
hoschke118 said:
Also, Elisa.the.Sweda? Are you the Jessica that we met and helped find the lecture theatre? Just wondering :)
Haha, I am indeed :) Thanks for that btw. I was a bit flustered (the drive down was stressful; mum was reading the map and led me to NSW uni campus by mistake :D ) Which brother are you?

And, which did you end up applying for-- cosmo or phil?

hoschke118

HSC
Elisa.the.Sweda said:
Haha, I am indeed :) Thanks for that btw. I was a bit flustered (the drive down was stressful; mum was reading the map and led me to NSW uni campus by mistake :D ) Which brother are you?

And, which did you end up applying for-- cosmo or phil?
haha, no problem it was nice to meet you. :) lol we're not brothers, i just got a lift with sam and his parents. I'm luke, with the brown hair if that helps.
oh, and i applied for cosmo. Like i probably told you; I don't think i could put together a very good philosophical arguement. That would require some english skills...

P.S Your little brother (maybe?) was so funny during that philosophy lecture. :)

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
Firstly, congrats to people that chose Philosophy. I've done it before, and it is a great course.

Also, seriously stop stressing. These things aren't impossible to get into, and especially if you've looked at some former Distinction Course students (they all don't get 90+).

Just be patient.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hoschke118 said:
haha, worried about the competition already?
nope.

I don't care about competition. It's just me and the subject. I try my best and get the mark that I want. And that's the deal.

thansk mind-revolution.

but no congratulation for future cosmologists?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)