Divorce. (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
like all things

depends on your circumstances.
Yeah, but I don't believe in marriage.

What is the point of being tied down to someone all your life when you could change your mind later?

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
why make any life changing decisions then.

Let's all quit doing our courses because we will probably not want to do that job later and there is absolutely no way we can get out of it.

It's not as if the benefits may outweigh the negatives for some. And that they will actually like their job.

And you know what, divorce is there for good reason. But that doesn't mean marriage is stupid, it may be superfluous but that doesn't make it stupid.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
why make any life changing decisions then.

Let's all quit doing our courses because we will probably not want to do that job later and there is absolutely no way we can get out of it.

It's not as if the benefits may outweigh the negatives for some. And that they will actually like their job.

And you know what, divorce is there for good reason. But that doesn't mean marriage is stupid, it may be superfluous but that doesn't make it stupid.
Because decisions lead to other decisions and hence change.

But you can quit your job at any time without an incredible amount of hassle.

But marriage is supposed to be about "everlasting love for your whole life" and shit. You're destroying the sanctity of marriage.
Also, I never said marriage was stupid.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
how do u know 'the 1 xoxoxo' is the 1 if you haven't met everybody
Well for one I don't believe there is a 'one'.

The idea of a perfect soul mate who you're meant to be with is made up from the writers of soap operas, movies and sit-coms. (and plays before that lol).

I think for the most part it's all about commitment.

anyway this thread is reminding me of George Costanza lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
George Costanza...

you mean about how he said that if people didn't think about sex, they'd be more productive or something?

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
ebony i only said that last bit to be on topic because thin ice right now

i was just saying there is nothing wrong with divorce

i wouldn't get married because i a) don't see someone truly liking me enough to put up with me and b) it's generally a lot of money

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Oh lol I don't care.

Who really cares if you get married or not but if you choose to that's pretty good for you, shows you're (usually) happy in your relationship.

And I don't think that's a silly (or insert any other euphemism you want to put here which inevitably is going to be negative no matter what you try and palm it off as).

It just makes me sad when I hear people so bitter about marriage when it can be a really beautiful thing and let's intersperse marriage with long term relationship because regardless of whether you're married or not it's still going to feel exactly the same regardless of whether you had a piece of paper or not. Especially for the kids of a couple who have split.

Whether or not you want to have a party or not that's not what I consider marriage. It's just saying heh yo, wanna hang out with me forever, maybe have some kids if we feel like it. I like you and want to make a family with you.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
George Costanza...

you mean about how he said that if people didn't think about sex, they'd be more productive or something?
hehe nah, when he finds out his parents are getting divorced, and Jerry remarks to Elaine how if George's parents got divorced 30 years ago, he could have been normal :D

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well for one I don't believe there is a 'one'.

The idea of a perfect soul mate who you're meant to be with is made up from the writers of soap operas, movies and sit-coms. (and plays before that lol).

I think for the most part it's all about commitment.

anyway this thread is reminding me of George Costanza lol
And there's no way you'll be willing to commit with someone who will end up pissing you off every 2 seconds

hence the notion of 'the one'

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh lol I don't care.

Who really cares if you get married or not but if you choose to that's pretty good for you, shows you're (usually) happy in your relationship.

And I don't think that's a silly (or insert any other euphemism you want to put here which inevitably is going to be negative no matter what you try and palm it off as).

It just makes me sad when I hear people so bitter about marriage when it can be a really beautiful thing and let's intersperse marriage with long term relationship because regardless of whether you're married or not it's still going to feel exactly the same regardless of whether you had a piece of paper or not. Especially for the kids of a couple who have split.

Whether or not you want to have a party or not that's not what I consider marriage. It's just saying heh yo, wanna hang out with me forever, maybe have some kids if we feel like it. I like you and want to make a family with you.
I don't think that's the right word.

Also, I don't think long-term relos are bad, I just personally don't believe in marriage working (for me). But it does sometimes, e.g. my nan and pa were married for 54 years and went through so much together. <3

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
And there's no way you'll be willing to commit with someone who will end up pissing you off every 2 seconds

hence the notion of 'the one'
Actually I was reading the Myers Briggs/Jung 16 personality types, and for my personality type, there are 4 ideal personality matches that i get along great with, 4 that would work with mutual understanding, 4 that would work with mutual understanding, and considerable effort, and another 4 that wouldn't work, no matter the effort.

It really comes down to personality type whether or not they 'annoy me'. (of course based on the assumption that the annoyance is inadvertent, and not purposeful)

Thinking back in my past the people that i really couldn't get along with were, for the most part the 4 types that wouldn't work.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
"The Vatican and the Philippines are the only countries where divorce is illegal."

What in the? Really? Wow, I didn't know that.

dammit

STATS Y U SO INTERESTING

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)