do guys really like skinny girls? (1 Viewer)

*wbg*

HSC
hey ppl! my friends and i are very divided over this issue... do guys really like skinny girls or is that something propogated incorrectly by the female population?? :rolleyes: hmm, so all guys on bos what do you prefer? skinny or curvy?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
it's impossible to generalise like that.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
There is more chance a guy is going to be attracted to a size 10 girl than a size 16 girl. Unless of course he is into bigger girls.

Of course it depends on body type and the question is asking for sweeping generalisations.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*wbg* said:
hey ppl! my friends and i are very divided over this issue... do guys really like skinny girls or is that something propogated incorrectly by the female population?? :rolleyes: hmm, so all guys on bos what do you prefer? skinny or curvy?
I find a bit of meat more attractive on the girl, but i have gone out with a skinny girl

alby

cool duckie
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Do skinnier guys prefer skinnier girls? And do larger guys prefer larger girls?
my brother's hell skinny, and the only girls i've ever seen him take any interest in (ie. bring home as a gf) are all larger girls

i think most guys prefer a girl with a bit (or a lot) of meat on her, rather than a 2x4....its generally girls (and/or advertisers) that keep the 'skinny's the best' image/theory going

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
LOL @ this topic..
-_-'

agree with frigid..

depends on the guy really.. if they go for personality over appearance. obvious appearance have small part to their attractions or maybe some attract physical image more over personality. *shrugs*

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
since when do we date people for the size of their body
it shouldnt matter if ur fat or thin..its whats within
ok lame

*wbg*

HSC
yeah, sorry my question was a bit ambiguous i guess... i was more asking what do you individually prefer.... but im surprised at how many of you said it wasnt an issue (sorry for lack of faith in ppl's unshallowness!)

yeah, i thought it was more the girls thinking that it was necessary to be skinny -- i cant really imagine a guy enjoying bones sticking out and all... but i was assured my girl friends diet to attract guys! so... hmm someones got the wrong end of the stick...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
*wbg* said:
yeah, sorry my question was a bit ambiguous i guess... i was more asking what do you individually prefer.... but im surprised at how many of you said it wasnt an issue (sorry for lack of faith in ppl's unshallowness!)

yeah, i thought it was more the girls thinking that it was necessary to be skinny -- i cant really imagine a guy enjoying bones sticking out and all... but i was assured my girl friends diet to attract guys! so... hmm someones got the wrong end of the stick...
Well the people replying here are all around the 17-20 age bracket. Since you're in year 9, boys (and girls) at that stage are more likely to be shallow and superficial when it comes to relationships. Relationships at that age are more about the desire to be seen with someone hot than having any strong emotional and intellectual connection with your partner. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, and you'll find people will generally grow out of that phase as they mature and start to look a bit deeper when considering a relationship. But there is something definitely screwed up when girls that age are already dieting for all the wrong reasons. Dieting at that age is not only silly (unless you're morbidly overweight), it's potentially unhealthy.

Last edited:

*wbg*

HSC
Lundy: yeah, i get what ur saying, but i know quite a few of my older friends (yr11/12) who are dieting because they think it will attract guys... i dunno, judging by whats been said in this forum it seems that girls have got the wrong idea about what guys are really looking for.. meh

Trizzay

HSC
being too skinny would be a turn off, it's fun hugging girls with a little meat :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
natstar said:
Most of my male friends prefer thinner girls, but with curves, not straight up and down boy-like figures with no bum, no boobs and no hips.
that'd be close to right

I agree with Lundy, most guys here are teenagers, most of my male friends are 23+, and I can say the factor of personality comes into play much more than body shape. Thats not to say, they go for larger girls, they do prefer thinner girls, but they do not classify a skinny teenager wearing hardly anything as hot. When you get older, you tend to appreciate things differently. Its the same for girls. When I was younger I used to like to cute teeny boy look, but now i much prefer a more manly look- no skinny, underdeveloped boys, that look like they are 15
exactly, so all you emos in tight pants, you're not hot, except to skinny 15 yr old girls

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
ghostofme said:
wow...well clearly all guys would have different tastes! duh! just like all girls have different tastes guys...it really don't matter anyways...a guy should like u for who you are, weather u r skinny or not!
no, a guy doesnt have to like you

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
ghostofme said:
yeah i know that, maybe i just didn't express what i meant well....

what i meant was they weight should not be the number 1 thing to effect ur opinion of a person, you should look at the whole package, then if u still dont like then that okay....
lol, deary me. I'm sorry, i should've explained this before, but i was being (a) smart(ass) :p

<3

Glenn198718

honestly i am a guy right but i dont really go on looks i like a girl with good personality and i got one of them and if there skinny its just a bonus for me i reacon

hYperTrOphY

HSC
miss_gtr said:
i said SOME girls can't help it.
i can eat heaps and not put anything on, or put on the mere kilo or two....but it drops off like *that* And some fat girls try hard to lose weight, and they hardly make any progress. I'm not saying ALL skinny girls can't put on weight and ALL fat girls can't lose the weight.
And I am saying that ALL people, can gain or lose weight. Genetics plays a role in the rate or difficulty in gaining or losing, but its effect is less than that of dieting and exercise - this is a scientific fact.

You say that you can eat heaps and not put anything on. I used to say the same thing. That was when I was mis-informed and uneducated about the issue. I used to make bullshit excuses such as 'I have a fast metabolism' or 'I'm a hardgainer'. I can assure you that anyone can gain/lose weight. And if they're not, they are doing something wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)