Do i still need my notes from yr11 - Going onto year 12 (1 Viewer)

BOSKiid

HSC
I was wondering if i would need any of my notes and stuff for year 12. Or is it completely different.

Subjects in particular... Modern History, Business Studies and Food Tech???

BOSKiid

HSC
I'ma drop General Maths. I'm good at all my subjects, but maths has ALWAYS been my weakness.

So will i need any notes from yr 11 Business Studies, Modern History or Food Tech?

wendus

krawr.
HSC
you only need notes from maths. but you need skills from y11

jellybelly59

HSC
BOSKiid said:
I'ma drop General Maths. I'm good at all my subjects, but maths has ALWAYS been my weakness.

So will i need any notes from yr 11 Business Studies, Modern History or Food Tech?
Best to keep the core study Turn of the 20th century or something like that for HSC so you get a better understanding when you do WWI

bawd

HSC
theshortykatt said:
is worth keeping a hold onto them if you ever need to go back and look at something basic you didnt pick up the first time.
I've started archiving my Year 11 notes into a colossus sized file organiser, just in case I do need something during the HSC year.

chltmddus112

HSC
I heard that you need to know some preliminary work in Business Studies for year

12 Business

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
as already stated, maths is really the only one where the preliminary stuff is examinable (as far as I'm aware?).
I kept my notes on the meiji restoration in modern history because I knew it would be useful for War in the Pacific for year twelve, so if you know what you're doing for year twelve you can decide what's relevent.

I'd say most of it isn't though.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
BOSKiid said:
I was wondering if i would need any of my notes and stuff for year 12. Or is it completely different.

Business Studies = YES.
Modern History = not really, it may be helpful for first topic.

ameher

HSC
d3vilz said:
Business Studies = YES.

No, basically all you need to understand from preliminary for hsc business studies is how to wrtie a business report (basic structure), essay, and possibly some infromation regarding marketing (SWOT Analysis) and basic financial statements (balance sheets, revenue statements).

Dragna

HSC
id recommend keeping them all.... you will most likely need them in yr 12 HSC

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
for most subjects the content in year 11 is assumed knowledge for year 12 even thought a big portion of it won't be assessed in year 12.

Norma.Jean

HSC
Biology...

For next year when I enter HSC(eek. term 4 i mean)...Is it required that i keep all my notes? Can i discard them? My prelim notes I'm referring to

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: Biology...

Norma.Jean said:
For next year when I enter HSC(eek. term 4 i mean)...Is it required that i keep all my notes? Can i discard them? My prelim notes I'm referring to
Um...

Don't discard them. Just keep them, it wouldn't hurt to keep them, would it?

But your yr 11 notes will have not much relevance at all if they have any.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC

There not needed for any subject apart from maths. Saying that though, DO NOT get rid of them as some parts of yr 12 require some yr 11 knowledge, so its best to keep.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

id keep all your essay based topics like english, history, eco etc. It will help you write essays in yr 12 and act as a guide particularly with english bcos the whole concept technique + quote effect thing never changes much, Just the texts

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

keep them, my friends in year 12 say that they refer to their notes all the time thats for modern, bs and ft.

And i used to refer to notes all the time last year so its best to say yes keep them you never know when they'll be handy again.

Last edited:

kailajian

HSC
BOSKiid said:

hey how are you doing in food tech??
do you find it hard?

kailajian

HSC

marcquelle said:
keep them, my friends in year 12 say that they refer to their notes all the time thats for modern, bs and ft.

And i used to refer to notes all the time last year so its best to say yes keep them you never know when they'll be handy again.

oh hey some one is really smart :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)