Do people actually ever get bands 1 or 2? (1 Viewer)

sombespice

HSC
What with the scaling and everything I think it would be pretty hard to do that badly... but I don't know.. do people ever manage by some fluke to get bands 1 or 2?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Yeah, there are a few people at my school who got bands 1 and 2. It's not by fluke though. :p

Last edited:

sombespice

HSC
:jaw: One of the people who I go to school with, who I didn't think was completely and utterly clueless, told me he got all band 1s.. I'm horrified.

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Most definitely people get Band 1s and 2s.

My boss always asks the teacher to justify a Band 1 - i.e. explain why xxx got Band 1 and what did you do to attempt to prevent this from happening.

bored of sc

HSC
People who get band 1's and 2's in english have trouble making sense.
Go to the "standards package thread" to see what band 1/2 students write like in english; one person wrote 1 sentence for a whole page, they just kept saying 'and' plus they]re phrasing didn't make much sense. So if you think band 4/5 is bad you guys, see some of the band 1/2 responses. The poor kids have trouble - alot of trouble.

cs01001

HSC
Yea, I have seen people with a full house of B1 and B2s

RJSOMERA

HSC
Have You Ever Heard A 4 Unit Maths Student Get Under 60 Uai

bettina44

HSC
people who get band 1 and 2 don't tend to be as stupid as you may think even if they were they would at least get a band 3. most people just stuffed because:
A)they don't allocate they're time therefore run out of time,my english teacher who marked the tests says that one in four people leave the writing tasks for the eng exams blank cause of time
B)they don't read the instructions,someone in our class got a band 2 not that she was dumb or anything but cause halfway during the exam she realised that she filled out the multiple choice sheet wrong
C)they don't read the question

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
sombespice said:
What with the scaling and everything I think it would be pretty hard to do that badly... but I don't know.. do people ever manage by some fluke to get bands 1 or 2?
Yep. A girl at work got all band 1s. :D

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Anyone who got all band 1/2's, had probally given up hope a long time ago and didn't even try. Society, school or their parents have failed them somewhere.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Graney said:
Anyone who got all band 1/2's, had probally given up hope a long time ago and didn't even try. Society, school or their parents have failed them somewhere.
No, it was because it was the SC. :D

It don't b matters! I need sleep. :eek:

shinelover

HSC
i guess some ppl do..but if they do..they possibly dun even wanna be @ school anyway XD the SC isn't incerdibly hard...

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Yep. My friend got a band 1 for history. And when I check my msn contact list, it says on his personal message:

[BRB PLAYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT]

Lol.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
Yep. My friend got a band 1 for history. And when I check my msn contact list, it says on his personal message:

Lol.
Yeah, no one cares about SC.

Tully-

HSC
My close friend got all band 2s, and straight Ds.
She had pretty much given up on school and it showed.
She left school as well, I'm surpirsed the principle gave her permission to leave. But She has been accepted into a TAFE course which is goood. :rolleyes:

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Razizi said:

Lol.
Ahh, I remember when I used to play WoW. I'm thinking of starting again - the holidays are freaking boring. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)