• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

do they make the trial exam through past hsc exams? (1 Viewer)

andy69

HSC
ok so i have my trial exams in 2 weeks all i wanted to ask is that does all the questions in the trial exam, do they come from the past hsc questions? thanks in advance

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
No, because you already have access to past exams. They should pretty much all be new questions.

K4M1N3

HSC
No but quite possibly yes. The trial exams are internal exams just for your school, amde by your teachers. They are primarily a 'trial' HSC in the sense that most teachers would try to replicate HSC difficulty. So it may very well be that teachers that are making your tests are going to use past hsc questions or ones similiar.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
No but quite possibly yes. The trial exams are internal exams just for your school, amde by your teachers. They are primarily a 'trial' HSC in the sense that most teachers would try to replicate HSC difficulty. So it may very well be that teachers that are making your tests are going to use past hsc questions or ones similiar.
Yes, this has truth to it.

I should restate my answer. It is possible that your exam could have past HSC questions in it. However, it is not mandatory, and in my experience, is unlikely to happen.

andy69

HSC
ok thanks guys, its unlucky i got my trials this early but i guess theres some advantages.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Not always. Usually CSSA or Independent.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I've noticed that our trials for chem/phys had some past hsc questions and also past questions from other trials added into it, most are new, but some are repeated.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Don't forget. Creating new questions are not easy. Unless your school maths dept has lots of talent, I suppose they'll use past questions and perhaps change some of the parameters. It is safer for them this way.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't forget. Creating new questions are not easy. Unless your school maths dept has lots of talent, I suppose they'll use past questions and perhaps change some of the parameters. It is safer for them this way.
Changing a few numbers in old questions in pretty common.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Our physics trial had exact HSC questions for MC, for about half of it, all the teachers did was change the answers around, eg. a becomes c, d becomes b, etc... was kind of lame tbh, but dont be shocked if there are past questions, which you should do anyway for practice.

el_patron

HSC
Uni Grad
probably. teachers get lazy and they just stick questions in from past HSC, Independent etc

also they can take past questions and adjust them slightly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)