• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you believe in God? (1 Viewer)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
I once saw a documentary and this budhist woman was looking after a severely retarded boy

and the interview said something like "oh, what a poor child"

and the woman said "No, he did something in a former life to deserve this."
his ancestors may have (bred with retarded ppl)

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Do you believe is God?

I do not believe in a God, and for the most part I can be anti-Christian. But I am a Buddhist and won't be rude to specific people who are my friends that do believe in it.

yongwong

HSC
Good point. So, the Bible has no credibility and use as a major part of Christianity?
Well it is a major part of Christianity because the teachings and beliefs are derived from what is written in the Bible. The Old Testament is basically the same in Islam, Judaism and Christianity with all the familiar names such as Moses and Abraham, and the New Testament is basically what Christianity is about and how it originated. It's just, in my point of view, I don't think it is a very credible source historically and factually. When they were writing, their purpose would have been to spread the Good News, hence, giving way to bias and maybe tendencies of exaggeration (after all...they are humans) and what better way of making people understand than to apply it to the social norm of the time? Of course, that is my interpretation so there are those who literally believe what is written.

Damien1324

HSC

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I found this hilarious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)