• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you believe in God? (1 Viewer)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

ibbi00

HSC
Re: Do you believe is God?

What about all the Christian scholars? Have you become a scientist, and assessed their level of validity?
Nowadays, you don't need to be a scientist to understand science with the help of a very special search engine called, Google. A background in biology helps but yea.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

Nowadays, you don't need to be a scientist to understand science with the help of a very special search engine called, Google. A background in biology helps but yea.
There sure is, hence why I can dismiss your scholar as no different to any other.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

These disasters take place in order to test man kind, it is to see how people react and how patient a person is because in these instances many people start to deny the belief in a deity and start saying the exact thing "If there really was a God out there why would he do such and such?". Trust me i've personally experienced this when a loved one passed away but at the end of the day it is something we will all go through, if not through an earthquake it will be some other way. So what i personally believe is that prayer and patience in these times of calamity is beneficial, as a Muslim i belive the more prayers you make the better it is as stated in the Quran "Remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me; and do not reject faith. (Holy Quran [2:152). Remeber god during your good times and god will remember you during your difficult times, this earthquake may be a sign for some people you never know.
At the end of the day each person has their own belief and i respect that, we should always have an open mind and heart to learn about other religions in order to make a decision of what we think is right.
David hume took this down pretty easily

"Is He willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is impotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Whence then is evil?"

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

That is your perogative and it doesn't really concern me.

Athiesm for me doesn't answer some fundamental questions, or put to rest some fundamental concerns. For example, I haven't witnessed nothing creating nothing yet so I am inclined to believe the universe has a creator.

People have been debating this since the beginning of time because it is a conversation that keeps going around in circles.

Also, people can ultimately believe in whatever they like as long as it isn't forced on me, and beliefs on all ends are respected.
turtles all the way down bro

HSC

Keith L. Moore isn't a scholar. There:

[youtube]Tx434UE3SYw[/youtube]

What about these fellas? Scholars too?

[youtube]FUUPYs0gElU[/youtube]
and then:

Okay, I have an idea for you. Go become a scientist and assess their level of validity. Better yet, read up on the subject and present to us why you believe Keith L. Moore, "a professor emeritus in the division of anatomy (department of surgery), former Chair of anatomy from 1976 to 1984[1] and associate dean for Basic Medical Sciences (Faculty of Medicine) at the University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada." who wrote a number of textbooks respective to his field is wrong.
don't post those videos as if there are world renowned scientists who honestly believe that the Quran has modern science in it and then try to distance yourself from them lol. if the quran *honestly* did have all these scientific facts in it that could not have *possibly* come from the greeks and other people then we would have heard about it already- and not just from shitty youtube videos- and probably converted to the religion.

and if you yourself *honestly* believe this nonsense but at the same time are fine with being proven wrong, watch these videos (and for more type "quran science debunked" or "quran miracles refutation" and variations of those terms):
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIslammiracle#p/p

various links:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/18289567/Quran-and-Embryology-Part-1
http://www.scribd.com/doc/18289530/Quran-and-Embryology-Part-2
http://www.scribd.com/doc/19471160/Scientific-Miracles-in-the-Quran-Debunked
http://councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=4537.0
http://debunkingquranicscience.blogspot.com/
http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2010/01/debunking-quranic-science-does-quran.html

nevertheless, i suspect you are going to say something about the pages being too big and broad and you not wanting to read more than X number of words, i.e. you just don't want to give up on your incorrect beliefs

Last edited:

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

the "star trek" tv series predicted the existence of mobile phones, tablet computers and other technologies decades before they were invented, and much more unequivocally than the language twisting you need to get "science" out of the koran

this validates the existence of klingons

Last edited:

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

I made the point earlier that the Qur'an is NOT a science textbook or an encyclopedia, so you can't possibly hope to learn science from it. The science is there for a completely different reason.
even when it gets it wrong like where it says fresh and salt waters don't mix?

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

Seriously is he citing miracles of the quran

hahahahahaha are you fucking kidding me

this is like how al jazeera arabic never mentions evolution

fuck me some muslims are so fucking stupid

MIRACLES OF THE KORUN PROVE IT

DARWIN WAS EVIL APEIST LOL HARHUN YAHA TELLS US

hahaha that discredited stupid cunt

wow

RANK 1

HSC

Here are a few from the Quran:
-Scientific research has established a severe thinning of the ozone layer at the North Pole at the moment the Sun rises
similarly to the verse in the Quran which was sent down over 1400 hundred years ago -Until he reached the rising of the sun and found it rising on a people to whom We had not given any shelter from it. (Surat al-Kahf, 90) The fact that this information, obtained with 20th century high technology, also appears in such a compatible form in the Qur’an, is yet more proof that the Qur’an is the revelation of our Lord, the One and Only Owner of science and technology.
- Furthermore, the earth's gravitational force...With its gravitational force, the earth pulls the human beings and everything else on it, living or inanimate, toward its center.
Did we not make the earth a receptacle? (Surat al-Mursalat, 25)
-All the information about embryology provided in the Qur’an is in full agreement with modern medicine. Information, which has emerged through advanced technology, is one of the clearest proofs that the Qur’an is the revelation of our Lord, the Creator of all.
Did We not create you from a base fluid, then place it in a secure repository for a recognised term? It is We Who determine. What an excellent Determiner! (Surat al-Mursalat, 20-23)
We created man from the purest kind of clay; then made him a drop in a secure receptacle; then formed the drop into a clot and formed the clot into a lump and formed the lump into bones and clothed the bones in flesh; and then brought him into being as another creature. Blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators! (Surat al-Muminun, 12-14)

It is also revealed in the Qur’an, which is full of information from hundreds of years ago that sheds light on the scientific world of today, that:

And in your creation and all the creatures He has spread about there are Signs for people with certainty. (Surat al-Jathiyya, 4)

Also here is a link which i found relevant to this topic (it starts off with verses from the Quran and then the actual talk is given):

At the end of the day scientists are creating creations from materials we have, rather than from nothing. I'll pose a challenge for them to create sumthing out of NOTHING!
BTW what are your thoughts on the link i provided in my previous post??
ok your first quote doesnt make sense to me whatsoever and as to your second quote its not gravity thats pulling us down its the curvature of space-time thats pushing us down. i cbf reading the rest of your quotes cause theyre too vague and riddle-like and as for the 'challenge for them to create sumthing out of NOTHING!' your religion uses the same concept with allah, well i assume it does as it's similar to christianity

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

ok your first quote doesnt make sense to me whatsoever and as to your second quote its not gravity thats pulling us down its the curvature of space-time thats pushing us down. i cbf reading the rest of your quotes cause theyre too vague and riddle-like and as for the 'challenge for them to create sumthing out of NOTHING!' your religion uses the same concept with allah, well i assume it does as it's similar to christianity
As a fellow atheist, you're really not helping the cause.

Lentern

HSC

None of this means anything at all. NONE of it.

Until you can find an example where we learned something from the Qur'an BEFORE it was discovered by science. Like a discovery that was DIRECTLY attributed to the Qur'an, not made after the fact.

You can't find any. Because having a relationship with a voice in your head is not a way of finding out new information. The people who wrote the Quran didn't know anything beyond the knowledge of the society and culture they wrote in.
The people who wrote the Quran! You impertinent little...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)