Do you believe Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus Christ?? (1 Viewer)

Do you believe Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus Christ??

• Yes.

Votes: 73 43.2%
  • No.

Votes: 83 49.1%
  • Im jew and I believe jesus was fake but its going to happen soon with the real messiah

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Not sure/confused

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You guys are pretty dumb, hey.

'Science' can answer the 'how' questions, but it has no real place in the 'why' stuff. This is the domain, primarily, of theology and philosophy. All of you trying to answer a 'why' question with 'how' answers have rocks in yer head, srs.

Why question number 1:
Why is there something, rather than nothing?

Plausible answer:
A mysterious and all-powerful creator

Why question number 2:
Why was there 'something' in Mary's womb, rather than nothing?
Refer to why question #1. God is the original creator of 'something' from 'nothing'. The virgin birth of Christ is not only consistent with this, but it further enlightens our understanding of who we are and what we are doing here.

Also, up yours HSC
If there is no answer to how, why is irrelevant.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If there is no answer to how, why is irrelevant.
But dont you see how this denying attitude locks you out of, like, half of what life is about? How it denies the bigger instincts you have about your humanity that cannot be found through 'hows'?

fides et ratio, ppl. That's what it's all about. Neither will lead anywhere, but together they find Truth.

molmont

HSC
Wow Iron, your arrogance, woops I mean wisdom, is never-ending!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Why does god exist, who created him? How did he create the universe? Your logic draws no conclusions other than faith. Where is the reasoning?

beve

Jesus
HSC
But dont you see how this denying attitude locks you out of, like, half of what life is about? How it denies the bigger instincts you have about your humanity that cannot be found through 'hows'?

fides et ratio, ppl. That's what it's all about. Neither will lead anywhere, but together they find Truth.
See also, the Argument from Persecution.

1. Jesus said that people would make fun of Christians.
2. I am an idiot.
3. People often like to point that out.
4. Therefore, God exists.

molmont

HSC
Riet is completely correct, and faith is an extremely dangerous thing.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Why does god exist, who created him? How did he create the universe? Your logic draws no conclusions other than faith. Where is the reasoning?
Our logic is your logic. I think youll find that you cant stretch it over the Why questions, which will always be there and always require faith. Youre free to ignore them, but the logical conclusions of this make for a very sad life, where nothing is sacred but your own power.

beve

Jesus
HSC
Our logic is your logic. I think youll find that you cant stretch it over the Why questions, which will always be there and always require faith. Youre free to ignore them, but the logical conclusions of this make for a very sad life, where nothing is sacred but your own power.
:rofl2:

ruthlessone

HSC
Mary was a virgin when she had Jesus. All u people with your dumb theories just shut up and accept the truth that she was a virgin.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lol okay, we'll accept the truth as you see it just because you tell us to

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
we dont expect you to and would be happy if you fucked off kway

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You bore my sensitive lame nerves

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
your sensitive little nerves? muhahaha

*deletes post I don't like*

Sprangler

HSC
Mary was a virgin when she had Jesus. All u people with your dumb theories just shut up and accept the truth that she was a virgin.
Is that how your parents got you to be such a good little bible bitch? Telling you to shut up when you questioned anything?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Kway, I think it's pretty obvious Jesus and Mary existed, accepting that Joseph wasn't the farther (whether by adoption or sleeping around).

The Bible contains many falsehoods, but it's basic structure is unlikely to be among them.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Kway, I think it's pretty obvious Jesus and Mary existed, accepting that Joseph wasn't the farther (whether by adoption or sleeping around).

The Bible contains many falsehoods, but it's basic structure is unlikely to be among them.
Oh really? What sources do you have to back up that claim, other than the Bible? Contemporary, primary sources preferred, please.

E

Empyrean444

I think a far more interesting question than the virginity of Mary is why religion has such a strange fascination with the concept of immaculate conception. Jesus is merely one in a long list of supposed Gods or prophets conjured out of a virgin womb. Others include Horus, Mercury, Krishna, Attis, Perseus, Romulus and Genghis Khan.
I'm pretty certain he wasn't immaculately conceived.

WhEeEeEeEvAn

HSC
lol. It is so freaky how Christians are so blinded from the TRUTH and reality even if it is put right in front of them.

I don't know about you guys but it scares the shit out of me.

p.s. So we're all part of God's "plan"? EVERYTHING we do, say, feel, have is FOR God?!?!

And he didn't make us perfect so that we would have the freedom and choice to CHOOSE him as our God and establish a relationship with him (because it's a two way thing as you Christians call it)?
Yet if we choose the wrong choice (not to follow him), we burn in hell....
What happened to a just God with unconditional love?

A man who has never EVER sinned in his life, yet did EVERYTHING good but did not believe in Jesus burns in hell...
A man who commits all 10 sins everyday in his life, yet believes in Jesus goes to heaven....
What happened to a just God with unconditional love?

From what it appears...God seems to be one big A-hole (even if he existed)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)