• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you have a locker at your school (2 Viewers)

Do you have a locker?

• Yes

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • Yes, our school has, but i don't use it

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I use my car

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
we do have a locker but for yr 12, we don't use one...:cold:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
kara42 said:
Heck no, they cost $20 deposit or whatever and then $60 on top of that? It's bullshit.
LOL I just use a spare one. The science depatment (where my locker is) don't mind, as long as I'm doing their 3 sciences :rolleyes:.

Russdog

russell
HSC
when i started in year 7, everyone used lockers and everyone pimped them out with stickers and photos and shit like in american movies. but by the time i left noone used them and they were plain and boring and clean.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
yeah we had them at our school, we had to use them we had no choice. I liked it, only had to carry the stuff you were using around. ah high school seems so long ago now

chamelia

HSC
All this locker talk is blowing my mind. It sounds so unreal and shiny and unattainable and movie-like and I do want.

I don't actually think it would have been much of a convenience though. In senior years I took maybe 3 exercise books and a pen to school. Novelty factor rates high.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
yes. however it hasn't been opened since term one year 7

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
no.
lockers = waste of money. if they were at my school, it'll be trashed and vandalised within a week

same person

HSC
Ahhhhhhhh....the locker debate...
We fought for years and years to get lockers, they finally arrived....and are free to use, yes, all very exciting.

However, my locker is placed in the most un-convenient location, now they just sit there and look pretty.

But the knowledge that my own little locker is sitting there waiting to be used is very comforting...

HSC
i put everything in my locker.. ours are free.
seniors have bigger lockers though but theyre old. oh well.. i get them this yr =]

HSC
My old school had lockers, that's where we were expected to keep our bags and whatnot. They were about half my height, which was a pretty decent size and you could fit most things in them, downside being that those with bottom lockers had to sit/squat and half of those with top lockers had to stand on their tippytoes to reach the top shelf haha. I remember I used to keep forgetting my locker combination and they had to get maintanence staff to come and cut the lock in half, then give me a new one.

Current school has lockers, but they're pathetic tiny metal ones and they cost five bucks a year, which is silly considering nobody who has one uses it anyway.

eggy91

HSC
I have a locker now cause its year 12 but didn't have one from 8-11. Its definately worth it, only $2 to keep it.

jirwin

HSC
My school had lockers. $15 for 2yrs, got $10 back. had to supply own paddlock.

I got mine term 2 yr 11. Barely used it but I believe I got my monies worth because me and my friends always used it when we had formal exams and some assemblies where bags werent permitted in the hall. Meant we didn't have to worry about our valuables and also didn't have to try beat the rush at the back of the hall to try and find our bags.

Used it on the odd occasion for my art book and dnt stuff.

luvtop

HSC
It's compulsory to have lockers in our school..
but i don't use it anymore..kinda useless

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Russdog said:
when i started in year 7, everyone used lockers and everyone pimped them out with stickers and photos and shit like in american movies. but by the time i left noone used them and they were plain and boring and clean.
i remember those days.
i shared a two level one with my friend - $10 each - but then we stopped using it after a while, unless it was a 'heavy' timetable day.

rajputsingh

HSC
I know my school offered them but i didnt use one i didnt find the need for it i carried all my books in my bag however if u do subjects which require heavy textbooks and a number of them u should probably use one to save urself and ur back! ahahah

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
what size are everyones lockers, cause some sound so big, whilst others sound small, ours are about 43cm high x 30 cm wide x 43cm deep with one shelf

btw ours are free, you just have to bring your own padlock, once your allowed to have one.

pawabola

HSC
My school is too poor to afford lockers, and if we did have them there would be security issues due to the nature of the students at my school x.x

selablad

HSC
Wow, I thought every school had lockers... We do, free, the half size ones, and the school recently got new ones so they're not vandalised or anything. Not that the kids at my school would vandalise them, prissy private school girls and all that. We have to use them because we're not allowed to carry bags and stuff to class, and most people have sport kits and stuff so they're usually pretty full.
I don't play school sport, so mine is always mostly full of scrap paper :D The paper covered the entire locker room floor when I cleaned it out at the end of last year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)